Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaccerZD)
    was it right to enforce the follow on... we could be batting last on a pitch that could deteriorate, needing maybe 300runs to win. Would it have been better to bat, score couple of hundred runs, declare with them 450-500 behind, and then have a day and a half to bowl them out? what do you think?
    There's no chance England are going to need 300 runs to win, that's why they followed on: Australia have shown themselves to be incapabable of getting big batting scores throughout the series. I think the most the Aussies will score will be 350, making an easy target for the English batsmen, however much the wicket deteriorates.

ReputationRep:
    Ricky Ponting looks uncannily like George Bush

ReputationRep:
    i am actually getting more convinced he looks like taz from the TV cartoon...especially with that stupid grinning photo they use...
    Maybe thats the "environment" section of evolution for you

ReputationRep:
    The horse racing's good...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ricky Ponting actually IS Bryan Robson. Fact.

ReputationRep:
    bet you we've missed a wicket when its on....lucky the rugby is on bbc 1, so you can flick onto a half decent sport....

ReputationRep:
    Now, there's being run out and there's being run out....

What a hell of a throw.

Ponting gone, 155-3.

ReputationRep:
    Roll over Ricky Ponting and tell Michael Clarke the news! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Amazing. Australia have been asked to follow on after 17 years. Lets see if England can finish it off now.

ReputationRep:
    so do you think england will win?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    so do you think england will win?
    I am not a fan of cricket but I have been watchin a little and from what I have heard from my sporty buddies, I think they will.

ReputationRep:
    well done england . If theres one batsman that can get some pride back for the aussies its clarke, and it rests on his shoulders tommorow to build a steady lead.

ReputationRep:
    What the Aussies want: Clarke and Katich make hundreds, set England 250 odd, Warne spins them to victory
    What England want: finish off the six wickets quickly tomorrow morning, and if they do have to make any runs, its no more than 100.
    Likely to happen: England win, but never underestimate the Aussies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    What the Aussies want: Clarke and Katich make hundreds, set England 250 odd, Warne spins them to victory
    What England want: finish off the six wickets quickly tomorrow morning, and if they do have to make any runs, its no more than 100.
    Likely to happen: England win, but never underestimate the Aussies.
    yer thats what aussies wanted at old trafford. aussies will make 400 max tomorrow, then england wil only need 150 runs. warney cant get soo much wickets.aussies dont have mcgrath so they are screwed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    yer thats what aussies wanted at old trafford.
    So, did you actually watch the Old Trafford match or not? Australia were chasing in the 4th innings, not England.

ReputationRep:
    anything over 150 to chase on a deteriorating pitch could be tricky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    So, did you actually watch the Old Trafford match or not? Australia were chasing in the 4th innings, not England.
    yer i did.aussies also wanted to get rid of england quickly in their 2nd innings so there would be no great lead. they couldnt so that england even declared at like 280 runs.

ReputationRep:
    I was at wollaton park watching it on the big screen...WHAT A DAY!:|:|:|

ReputationRep:
    Did they say on C4 what was wrong with Jonah ? I heard he went to hospital but that was all. I hope it's just a slight strain and he's OK to bowl on Sunday...

The Aussies haven't a clue how to play him.

ReputationRep:
    We need to come out on the 4th day and get a few quick wickets. I think Warne will give us a little bother though.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.