The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5500
Oh phew. I'm relieved now, and I hope that england can get the Aussies out before they post a really big target. It's a pity we don't hae Jones though. That will be a real test of character for england.
Reply 5501
yer, indeed it is pity.hoggard is very good so he will save us
Reply 5502
*swears*

Clarke, you fool.
Reply 5503
IZZY!
150 is ok.if aussies got 300, we can easily get 200 on that pitch.so no problems.

I am not too sure about 'easily'. Batting last is never easy...especially against the likes of Warne:eek:
Reply 5504
visesh
I am not too sure about 'easily'. Batting last is never easy...especially against the likes of Warne:eek:

yer i know.but at old trafford warne didnt rly do well in 2nd innings bowling.it was mcgrath who got wickets.
Reply 5505
Bye bye gilly!
Reply 5506
About time Australia took the bold move of dropping Gilchrist anyone reckon? And Hayden for that matter. Both have been liabilities this summer and are living off reputations. Gilchrist has had one big innings in the one dayers but also dropped a few catches in the last game. Hayden hasnt had a single innings and has been poor in the field generally. Game all but over now I reckon.
Reply 5507
hoggard is the man.gogogogogo
well he aint on the fiels on sun , so he will have to wait 4 hrs b4 he can bowl, but the cocky aussies ell be out by then!!!!
kpg
About time Australia took the bold move of dropping Gilchrist anyone reckon?

Possibly the most ridiculous question of all time. He's the greatest keeper batsman in history. He's also hardly not the only one not performing. Just.. no.

Hayden, perhaps. Mike Hussey could come in at 6, Katich moves up the order.
Reply 5510
gillepsie should be kicked out for sure.
Gillespie isn't playing in this match anyway. Do you actually watch, Izzy?
Reply 5512
Tonight Matthew
Possibly the most ridiculous question of all time. He's the greatest keeper batsman in history.

Admittedly it was a rash suggestion and a bit fickle, but what he's done in the past hasn't helped him over the last 3 months though has it. He's been totally found out by the bowlers and atleast Ponting, Langer and Katich have had a few steady innings plus Warne and Lee are performing. He won't be dropped and his place probably isn't in question but he's at the situation where he needs to get his arse into gear and get an innings at Lord's. Got a good today mind. The problem with Hayden is that Australia don't really have anyone else to naturally open - unless Hodge or Hussey have some experience there. But he too has had a dreadful tour and his catching has compounded that further.
Reply 5513
Tonight Matthew
Gillespie isn't playing in this match anyway. Do you actually watch, Izzy?

of course i m watching. what i mean is that gillepsie should be kicked out of aussies' national team.
IZZY!
of course i m watching. what i mean is that gillepsie should be kicked out of aussies' national team.

.. he's not in the Aussies' national team.

Sure you're watching?
kpg
Admittedly it was a rash suggestion and a bit fickle, but what he's done in the past hasn't helped him over the last 3 months though has it. He's been totally found out by the bowlers and atleast Ponting, Langer and Katich have had a few steady innings plus Warne and Lee are performing. He won't be dropped and his place probably isn't in question but he's at the situation where he needs to get his arse into gear and get an innings at Lord's.

Well to be fair, Gilchrist is still averaging 25. It doesn't sound much, but it's not TOTAL failure. I don't think Gilchrist will ever be dropped to be honest. If not just for the fact that no matter how many failures he has in a row, he could always blast a big hundred off about 80 balls at any time.

Last test is at The Oval btw. :wink:

kpg
The problem with Hayden is that Australia don't really have anyone else to naturally open - unless Hodge or Hussey have some experience there. But he too has had a dreadful tour and his catching has compounded that further.

As I said, Katich can open. And Hussey could replace him at number 6.
:mad: I want more wickets.
Reply 5517
I think he hurt his ankle...then this morning he bolwed for a bit then hasn't been back and and does not appear to be coming back on! :biggrin:
Reply 5518
Happy now, Becca?:wink:
Unless, of course, there are more people out there like Flintoff. If, like you say, cricket in general is becoming a faster-scoring, more aggressive game, then surely more Flintoff-style players will emerge in the near future?

Latest