Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thread closed as there are already two threads to discuss all things cricket in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Not really. I reckon that England have edged it this series, and I reckon that the Aussies would agree that England have played marginally better especially in the last 3 matches. Australia have fought hard and have never given in, but I think that England deserve to be ahead.
    England have been the better side in the last 3 tests with Australia having to play catch up but the margins of victory have been so small they haven't trounced them as Australia did at Lord's. We'll wait and see though. There's no fair or unfair attached though. Whatever the outcome, it would be deserved.

ReputationRep:
    well, i dont know , why this is even debatable , because if u look at the stats , as a whole of test AND ODI'S ,and the flat subcontinent pitches they bowled 60% of thier careers on, such as sharjah , its not to difficult at all.

the great waqar and wasim for me, hands down !!!!!

what do all u guys think ?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    do you play for the win or pray for rain and play for a draw?
    Play for the win. Then, if you don't win, you can get a draw. But if you play for a draw and don't get it, there's a higher chance that you lose the match. By the way, how important will winning the toss be in the next match? Because it seemed like a big advantage that Vaughan won the toss in the last match as england made a big total.

ReputationRep:
    a massive advantage , coz if ausies bat first , and bat well, i dont see how england will play warney in last innings on wat will be a spinning wickest, becoz thats the norm at the oval.

we might even seemagill in the team , as an extra spinning optio,and with mcgrath back, and englad losing simon jones,

the aussies will fancy thier chances big style!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I would agree with you thermoregulatio on creating a second teir of test cricket, it could only be beneficial for those nations mentioned but how would "promotions" be worked out under such a system. And that if I was Bell I would have reitered form internaitonal cricket after his matches against West Indies purely to have such an amazing average.

ReputationRep:
    IT IS GOING TO RAIN!!!!!!!!
    For goodness sake, it's gonna be in mid-september. There is absolutely no way they are going to get in 5 days of play.

ReputationRep:
    Thread closed peeps, Ashes thread still open. Or Beccas and Yo-Less thread of cricket discussion. You will get a diverse range of discussion there on Simon Jones.

ReputationRep:
    Entry for the Guia race at the Macau GP?

ReputationRep:
    On a motor sport theme, I am watching BSB and some poor soul has just been hit by another bike during the race. He is just laid i the middle of the track, not moving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geordie_in_HK)
    I want to get into the Caterham Academy racing series but I need more racing experience before I do. Has anyone been to the Silverstone Racing Academy or anything similar where they train you??

I go karting alot and race motorcross, but apart from a few trips to the 'ring my racing experience isn't that great....
    Hiya, I haven't been there but got some literature from them. If you go to www.silverstone-circuit.co.uk, you'll be able to get more info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simeon)
    No, they really didn't. Worst I've seen them for a long time.:mad:
    Same excuse that Saints rolled out after the semi-final.

I expect Bradford to hammer Hull this Friday.

ReputationRep:
    110 years ago today that rugby split into two seperate governing bodies.

ReputationRep:
    *dies*
    I can't believe we managed to win yesterday after it all started going so horribly wrong - Gileo and Hoggy actually managed to stay calm. It was so amazing. I had to go to work straight afterwards and couldn't concentrate properly because I was so happy.
    Sorry - just had to express my delight. You can go back to talking about the next match now...*prays England don't **** it up*.

ReputationRep:
    I think the '2nd division' idea is a really good one. Also I'd like to point out that Zimbabwe would be a much better team is it wasn't for the dreadful political situation there.

ReputationRep:
    cmon guys wat ur thought abt best bowling partnershipever , look a few psts above??

ReputationRep:
    i think its a bit unfair to create a 2nd tier for the other teams... at that rate, those countries will never been competitive cricket teams against those at the time. To be frank, experiance is the best way for any team to improve.
    Also by taking out the less able teams at the moment, you just make the teams available to play even smaller, then soon people will say to restrict it even more because theres a new bottom team :P etc etc

ReputationRep:
    I was there!! it was amazing!!!

With 5mins to go I thought we'd thrown it away, then Paul Cooke ran forward and did his bit of magic.

It was the kind of occasion you support your team for (that applies to any sport), the emotion of the game was immense

ReputationRep:
    Well who were the bottom team before Zimb'. + Bang'. were allowed in? Sorry Im too young to remember

ReputationRep:
    srilanka - where the new ones, they were the whipping boys, but went on to revolutionise the oneday game with bighitting at the start of the innings and
    winning the 1996 world cup!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.