Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok great thanks. Wellthe west Indies would come up bottom under such a system but they havea young sid who CAN learn form their mistakes unlike some of the youngsters coming up through the aforementioned sides.

ReputationRep:
    Ideally I'd like England to walk all over Australia, now that pretty much the whole England team are in good form, having contributed with the bat/ball/both.

Although I think (for comedy value) Vaughan should urge the nation to start doing rain dances in hope that the last test be washed out imagine what we'd end up with?

ReputationRep:
    S. Jones looks doubtful for the last test. Who do you reckon will replace him?

ReputationRep:
    Re: bowling partnerships.
    Ambrose and Walsh any day.

ReputationRep:
    Collingwood probably, just bat it out and hope it rains.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    just bat it out
    Easier said that done :/.....imagine what carnage there would have been with Warne from one end and McGrath from the other in Sunday's innings!

ReputationRep:
    i think the last test will be a draw and england will win the ashes,because the weather in autuwn isnt always shiny.

ReputationRep:
    sory for spelling.too late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lgs98jonee)
    Easier said that done :/.....imagine what carnage there would have been with Warne from one end and McGrath from the other in Sunday's innings!
    I hope Warne has every one of his balls hit for six, just to shut Gilchrist up "well bowled warney" "nice one shaaaaaaaaaane"

ReputationRep:
    what carnage?

neway, i'd like to thank england for winning me 328 vbookie credits

ReputationRep:
    Table Tennis (the most impressive sport in the world which requires the most technical skills!)

ReputationRep:
    Horse riding/show jumping, squash and high intensity indoor cycling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    I hope Warne has every one of his balls hit for six, just to shut Gilchrist up "well bowled warney" "nice one shaaaaaaaaaane"
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    I HATE THAT!
    I also HATE how Shane Warne always makes some kind of grunt just as the batsman hits the ball. He's obviously doing it deliberately to put them off!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    I HATE THAT!
    I also HATE how Shane Warne always makes some kind of grunt just as the batsman hits the ball. He's obviously doing it deliberately to put them off!!
    I hope his mother supplied his supplements for this ashes series.

ReputationRep:
    You guys are forgetting how much of a loss Simon Jones would be, look at the bowling statistics for England over course of the Ashes series (in order of overs, maidens, runs, wickets and average):

Simon Jones - 102.0 - 17 - 378 - 18 - 21.00
    Stephen Harmison - 138.3 - 20 - 462 - 16 - 28.87
    Andrew Flintoff - 160.0 - 22 - 577 - 19 - 30.36
    Matthew Hoggard - 98.0 - 13 - 376 - 12 - 31.33
    Ashley Giles - 137.0 - 17 - 502 - 10 - 50.20
    Ian Bell - 7.0 - 2 - 20 - 0 - N/A
    Michael Vaughan - 5.0 - 0 - 21 - 0 - N/A

He averages nearly 8 runs less in getting a wicket than any of the other bowlers. That's Glenn McGrath standard. Only Flintoff has taken more wickets than him (and he's bowled far more!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nike_inc)
    100 meters in 10.3 seconds
    400 meters in 1.11 seconds
    New world record there!
    I can do the 100 in 11.9, but that was like 2 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Get a 2nd hand one from Loot.

ReputationRep:
    This Friday is going to be a hammering, no Horne, no Carvell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    This Friday is going to be a hammering, no Horne, no Carvell.
    Yes, I can see a heavy defeat looming as well, but Sione Faumuina is coming for the Wakefield game, i'm hearing he's a very good player.

ReputationRep:
    I know this is cricket but in sport I wouldn't use stats as total gospel because I can give you plenty of examples when some team has defied the stat book in football, for example.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.