Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thread closed, challenge cup final finished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geordie_in_HK)
    I want to get into the Caterham Academy racing series but I need more racing experience before I do. Has anyone been to the Silverstone Racing Academy or anything similar where they train you??

I go karting alot and race motorcross, but apart from a few trips to the 'ring my racing experience isn't that great....
    The best way to get experience is racing schools or scholarships.

Most circuits will offer some kind of school with instructors and the best scholarship around is the www.mx5scholarship.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    I'm bored and need a new extreme sport to try out?

Before anyone says it - i've tried russian roulette but ran out of bullets

ReputationRep:
    extreme ironing

ReputationRep:
    Hows about 20 below zero teabagging?

ReputationRep:
    Please note we now have a sub forum especially for Football. Please use it for Football related discussions and do not post here in the main Sports forum.
    Thanks
    Cindy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    I think the '2nd division' idea is a really good one. Also I'd like to point out that Zimbabwe would be a much better team is it wasn't for the dreadful political situation there.
    True. Zimbabwe used to have, and indeed should still have, some brilliant cricketers - Andy & Grant Flower, Henry Olonga, Heath Streak and Sean Ervine were all strong cricketers, capable of playing test cricket. Unfortunately, of course, the regime in Harare has destroyed the reputation of Zimbabwean cricket, and rebellion by some of the above has forced a collapse.

(Original post by sarforaz)
    i think its a bit unfair to create a 2nd tier for the other teams... at that rate, those countries will never been competitive cricket teams against those at the time. To be frank, experiance is the best way for any team to improve.
    True, but, for Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, being beaten every time by Australia, England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa and the West Indies, it's hardly beneficial for them. Whereas, if they were playing against developing cricket nations, such as the Netherlands and Kenya, they would mutually develop to a more reasonable standard, until they are adequately experienced to rejoin the first class of test squads.

I think, however, that one day international cricket is much less important, but that the ICC have incorrectly prioritised this for separation. The ICC Intercontinental Cup is exactly the sort of thing that is needed in test cricket, and should be introduced without delay.

(Original post by Becca)
    Re: bowling partnerships.
    Ambrose and Walsh any day
    True, again. Hands down.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest this is moved away from a forum about the armed forces....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I know this is cricket but in sport I wouldn't use stats as total gospel because I can give you plenty of examples when some team has defied the stat book in football, for example.
    Well said.

Having said that, Jones' priceless ability to make the ball reverse swing will sorely be missed. I'm sure the Aussies will fancy their chances with him absent.

ReputationRep:
    Just to update. Murray got through to the first round of US Open, despite a shoulder injury. He is a set up on Andrei Pavel, but a break down in the 2nd set.

ReputationRep:
    3.1444, Wow i can run it in pie!! amazing

ReputationRep:
    Murray wins 6-3 3-6 3-6 6-1 6-4 . A solid game from Andy, I wouldnt say he played his best tennis and is inconsistent at times. Winning in 5 sets suggests his fitness is improving and I just hope he isnt too tired for Friday. There were also no signs of his shoulder injury which is good. However Murray was sick on the side of the court as he came out to serve at 1-0 in the last set!! Dont think it is an illness of any sort just a case of drinking too much water at the change over. Next up is Arnold Clement who beat Juan Carlos Ferrero tonight which should be a good match up.

ReputationRep:
    It was a really good match to watch and Murray proved out there that he could win a 5-setter against a decent player. He needs to get his 1st serve percentage up though. It was below 50%. When he gets his 1st serve in, they're quite good.

ReputationRep:
    The question is:

In what sport do the players and spectators not know the score until the very end.

ReputationRep:
    Gymnastics/Diving/Ice Skating?

Heptathlon/Decathlon etc?

ReputationRep:
    I think this is a riddle. Its not a logical question whereby it could even be Chess for example.

ReputationRep:
    Boxing??

ReputationRep:
    Murray began to puke through the last set and the whole match was delayed because of this. But he still came out strong

ReputationRep:
    would anyone mind if i took shane out sniper style? I've been contemplating it for some time now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChelseaBabe)
    Boxing??
    :ditto:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.