Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    yea iv bin wochin it since about 94/95. man i love it. it used 2 b on ch4, then ch5 and sky now. i even went so far as 2 subscribe for a weekly tape from pontel to get ma bball action. i love it. i woch it, play it its amazin.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a 4' x 6' poster of Jorden dunking from the free-throw line. Feet up, tounge out...

ReputationRep:
    That is truly huge...also we could be seeing a contensive test team playing on saturday too - so i could be a huge match! 2/3 of the front line are thought to be guaranteed a test spot, as is POC, Richard Hill, BOD and Josh Lewsey...

ReputationRep:
    If Darcy plays well he could really be pushing for a test spot because no-one has truly claimed the 12 shirt by any means. Still lots to be decided on by SCW and the rest of his team

ReputationRep:
    'tis true...it all depends on how attacking SCW wants the team to be...the stable option would be henson, but right now as far as attacking goes, Greenwood D'arcy or Smith could all be in with a shout....interesting to see shanklin at wing again - he's been playing well and with luck he could push for that spot too...
    Cant wait to see Lewsey play again though!

ReputationRep:
    Watching NZ v Fiji tomorrow morning, should be interesting....

ReputationRep:
    New York are out of the reckoning and London will get their votes. Part of the *ahem* special relationship we have in America.

I'm all for it anyway, it'll do up my part of East London

ReputationRep:
    Jeez, I wonder who will win that one. Know if Sereli is playing?

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a 4' x 6' poster of Jorden dunking from the free-throw line. Feet up, tounge out...
    the MJ signature... toungeout just like saying to ya "bleeeh, i got this one now"

ReputationRep:
    NZ look good! although it wasnt a hard match i guess?

91 - 0

ReputationRep:
    Any true British Citizen would support London's Bid!!!

Paris have everything built for them all ready where everything in London is due to be built for the games regardless if London gets them or not.

Furthermore, it is not just London that gets the games, the whole country would be involved and so everyone should Back the Bid!

www.london2012.org

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euripides)
    France has hosted them more times than England hence it's only fair that England gets to do it again.
    CORRECT!!!

ReputationRep:
    Uh oh, what a performance. However, let's look on the bright side-they only kicked 8/15 conversions!

ReputationRep:
    Meanwhile, a Number 8 crisis is brewing for the Lions. Taylor has been withdrawn from the match against the Maori and replaced by Michael Owen. Apparently there are real doubts about Taylor playing any part in the tour and Ryan Jones has been made a back-up.

ReputationRep:
    Since the Maori team played them a week ago...give it a day and we should be able to make some sort of comparison, as they seemed on similar form - i hope thats not shooting my beloved lions in the foot though!
    I cant believe Ryan Jones has been called up when Joe Worsley is still left at home...he is arguably the better player and was told he was unfortunate not to make the original team.
    No8 is looking a tricky position now...Owen just seems to dull a player to make an impact - Richie McCaw would destroy him from a scrummaging position, and corry has the flare of a rotting melon...still cant wait for the game though.
    Also...since SCW told Owen he would definately captain the side again...it shows he did not have him lined up for the test teams!

ReputationRep:
    Daily Mirror reckon Newcastle have made offer of £6.5 million with him staying on 55k a week

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think Spurs will win this year.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they easily won last night, and are clearly in control. As a very general rule, the 1st game is a good mark of how the series will go.

ReputationRep:
    Owen is just not a test player. I agree with your point about JW being snubbed, the welsh might get upset if a better english player went instead of a worse welsh player!

ReputationRep:
    Haha...tis true! I sadly live in wales (despite being english), and boy can they get arsy about their rugby! Watching at the time tho...Ryan Jones isn't a bad player - i was surprised when he got dropped from the welsh side personally, with michael owen staying there...he has pace and style in his game, but sadly will still have no chance of making a test spot - you've got to be thinking Corry, Hill, Williams, Back and Moody filling up those spots...and hopefully if simon taylor gets over his hamstring he will be up there too....
    Personally i would love to see moody in the test team...but think, just like in the world cup final, he will be on the bench to come on in an impact position (as i believe much of the bench will be percieved - since i reckon sheridan and titteral may get there too...game-breaking players providing different aspects of play depending on the run of the game...)
    Remember...Martin Johnson did say it was moody and dawson who made that final drop goal - Moody putting huge pressure on larkham with the kick which only made 10m in the end and dawson with that fantastic little dart towards the end....Unlike most in the public eye, who said it was all wilko (unfairly since his kicking was not on form that day! but who can be surprised with the pressure he was under)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.