Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To play or watch?

Tough choice if it's to play :eek:

I liked some of the answers here tho, I remember martial arts - v. cool. Soccer I enjoyed, but I think throughout highschool for me it would have to be hockey

ReputationRep:
    Basketball

ReputationRep:
    go karting
    also surfing, though i've never actually done it

ReputationRep:
    play/do: ice hockey then skiing
    watch: skateboarding

ReputationRep:
    for watching its gotta be breakdancing

ReputationRep:
    Thirty two hours isn't a huge deal! I just swam for two hours before school (6 till 8) then did a two hour session in the evening of complete swimming and another hour in the gym or doing resistance of land training or perhaps just perfecting stroke technique with a few drills! And sundays was my lazy day, i only used to swim for an hour or two! You said you did olympic trials- that was my dream! Hence why i trained so hard, i wanted to make it! Damn heart condition.

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    I used to swim a lot - I wasn't terribly good though, not even county level. I lackd enthusiasm because I was forced to do it by my mum so as soon as I had the opportunity I quit swimming club. I still like to swim at my own leisure though.
    And now I have massive calves, thighs and shoulders because of all the training I used to do dammit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam1pl)
    Yes, I do... / No, I don't...

:-)
    No I don't

ReputationRep:
    brilliant

(Original post by oblivious)
    I hope Warne has every one of his balls hit for six, just to shut Gilchrist up "well bowled warney" "nice one shaaaaaaaaaane"
    That's tradition!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Mwahaha. Sounds good. Firstly, let's scalp him and get rid of that REDICULOUS hair. Next, rip out his stupid earrings. Then hang him with his annoying flared trousers. All the while gagging him with the 'Gatting ball'.

Yes, I know, I have spent a lot of time thinking about this..... :rolleyes:
    Oh. You just don't like him because even though the rest of the australian team is falling apart, he's still consistently good.

I must say I've felt an occasional urge to bash Ponting at least, he's made so many stupid decisions. In fact, most of the batters have been utter idiots. And Kasprowicz and his no balls were disastrous.

If australia keeps trying to play its 'natural game' (as gilchrist so stupidly said) and not instead play sensibly, england will win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milady)
    Oh. You just don't like him because even though the rest of the australian team is falling apart, he's still consistently good.
    Admittedly, yes, but I also don't like him because everytime one of our batsmen hits one of his balls he yelps, shouts "CAAAAAATCH!", says "ooh" or appeals, even when it's quite obviously not out :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I love the massive Thighs that swimming has given me, im sure i could throttle an armadillo with them, but my shoulders have gone, i need to swim again.

ReputationRep:
    I love swimming but I only swim 50 x 25m a day, and I have the technique of a confused sheep. Any tips on how I can improve my swimming technique all you pros?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura6)

Having played both I feel it requires far more skill to play league. With Union it is black or white - you are either a forward or a back. You either run fast and kick and clap or you are big and strong and all "pile on" in the tackle.
    What are you on about?? In Union the forwards also have to be able to run, and backs have to tackle! It is not black and white at all! (I'm an open-side flanker myself, ie a forward, and I certainly have to run as well as tackle! And flankers aren't the only ones.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Admittedly, yes, but I also don't like him because everytime one of our batsmen hits one of his balls he yelps, shouts "CAAAAAATCH!", says "ooh" or appeals, even when it's quite obviously not out :mad:
    He is just the biggest ****** EVER... mouthing of all the time... and he thinks he is the ****. But he isn't. He should bleed. From his eye sockets. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Also, I'd get very frustrated playing League, having to stop so often to turn over! It'd be almost as frustrating as touch rugby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just_Izzy)
    He is just the biggest ****** EVER... mouthing of all the time... and he thinks he is the ****. But he isn't. He should bleed. From his eye sockets. :mad:
    Mwahaha. I agree. If I was on the Englad team, I really would punch him one. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homoterror)
    I love swimming but I only swim 50 x 25m a day, and I have the technique of a confused sheep. Any tips on how I can improve my swimming technique all you pros?
    What strokes are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    slightly irrelevant, but does anyone else think there is more than a slight similarity between richie benaud and Parker? (lady penelope's chauffeur in thunderbirds)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.