Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    On the subject of sledging, two of my favourites:

Daryll Cullinan & Shane Warne: As Cullinan was on his way to the wicket, Warne told him he had been waiting 2 years for another chance to humiliate him. "Looks like you spent it eating," Cullinan retorted.

McGrath to Ramnaresh Sarwan: "So what does Brian Lara's d*ck taste like?" Sarwan: "I don't know. Ask your wife."
    McGrath (losing it): "If you ever effing mention my wife again, I'll f*cking rip your f*cking throat out."

ReputationRep:
    LoL. In the last match at Edgbaston when the British commentator said 'One of these two teams will win this'.

ReputationRep:
    mmm... Flintoff... *lusts*

He can bowl my wicket anyday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    Not to be a pedant, but.. it was Glenn McGrath, not Merv Hughes.. and Eddo Brandes didn't say "sleep with".. he said.. ummm.. help me out here. It rhymes with duck, and beings with an f. Oh and it was biscuit, not cake.

Well, I toned it down for this forum, I did know that the correct word was the one you're talking about. And on the biscuit issue - I couldn't remember if it was a biscuit or a cake - I went with cake in the end goddammit!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this is effective or anything, but I've been doing 30 pressups four times per day for the past few weeks with some curls (5 sets of reps, 18,16,12,10,10, three times per day) and I've seen a slight improvement.

ReputationRep:
    As a Scot, It's gotta be Golf!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone think of any good ones in this ashes series?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if there is a thread about the US Open, so here ya go!

Woh Srichaphan was incredible just now, destroyed the number 6 seed Davydenko 6-4 7-5 6-3!! Was playing top quality tennis!! I can see him gettin very far! :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    This may sound sad, but ever since Roddick was knocked out, I've lost 80% interest in the Open, but Im regaining interest fast. Murray may go far! I haven't yet watched a full match of his yet, but I will. I am also going to support Nadal, and I would like to see someone other than Federer....and Hewitt win. Damn you Roddick, how could you disappoint your fans like that!

ReputationRep:
    yer it is going to be boring. once again federer is going to kick everyone's arse.

ReputationRep:
    Nope there isn't mikey, a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi4Zlatan)
    This may sound sad, but ever since Roddick was knocked out, I've lost 80% interest in the Open, but Im regaining interest fast. Murray may go far! I haven't yet watched a full match of his yet, but I will. I am also going to support Nadal, and I would like to see someone other than Federer....and Hewitt win. Damn you Roddick, how could you disappoint your fans like that!
    Yeah, Murray shud be playing soon, couple hours time probs! One more match on grandstand ahead of him I think. Yeah I'd like to see someone otha than Fed whoop! Tho I wudn't mind if it was Hewitt! Nadal's really the only contest left for Fed in the tournament tho! He's looking well good aswell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChelseaBabe)
    Not in the British Superbikes he didn't. He broke his arm.

There were three riders injured and one of them died, check the following link..........

BBC News Motorbike Crash

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    yer it is going to be boring. once again federer is going to kick everyone's arse.
    I reckon/hope Nadal will be able to challenge him!

(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
    Nope there isn't mikey, a good idea.
    Cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Admittedly, yes, but I also don't like him because everytime one of our batsmen hits one of his balls he yelps, shouts "CAAAAAATCH!", says "ooh" or appeals, even when it's quite obviously not out :mad:
    So do the England bowlers tbh and they've got a few suspect decisions as a result.

Warne is great. He always will be. The man is a living legend and in years to come I will be priviliged to say I watched the great man play.

ReputationRep:
    Only one week to go until Joey arrives in the UK...

I see Hull have followed suit by signing Sione Faumina the NZ forward and Bradford are bringing Adrian Morley in when the Roosters season finishes

yeah i love swimming... keeps you toned and in good shape, and its low impact and you can have fun and be getting an all over work out whislt doing it!!

ReputationRep:
    Dont do it often, but did it on holiday in the South China Sea, was pretty cool except scared going to fall in and sun burn on the back of neck, but felt pretty adventurous, with everyone staring at you!

ReputationRep:
    Boxing all the way baby.

ReputationRep:
    GET IN!

Murray gets a set back!
    Still 2 sets to one down but lookin the better playa atm!

2-6 6-7 (2-7) 6-2 atm

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.