Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You gotta eat the right foods and REST as well mate.
    You need to let your muscles rest and grow AWAY from the gym.

for upper body strenght... chin ups and press ups. also if you have any poles that you can attach buckets onto you can make your own dumbells... it might work. but anyway best of luck with beuilding up those muscles

ReputationRep:
    Ummm - more is not always best. Less is often the best way forward. Your muscles grow when you rest! But as other have said pushups, chinups and the like. Oh and nutrition is also important.

ReputationRep:
    w00t go murray 2 sets all, played over 3 hrs and a half and now we're starting the 5th set

ReputationRep:
    Damn =\ 4-0 down in the 5th! =\

ReputationRep:
    yeah im hoping to play at sheffield uni. Ive played county for 5 years and captained them. got my colours this year. I play RW and occassionaly CF.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose you'd be missing the Footy Show hey? I may not like/get league but that footy show is aces... REG REGAN for Prime Minister!!!

ReputationRep:
    could somone advise me on a really good TK Hockey stick?im a forward and play at county level and off to uni. has anyone used the new TK CX Titan? i think its purple/black with a small bow?

ReputationRep:
    he's out

ReputationRep:
    Goes down in 5 sets, 2-6 6-7 6-2 7-6 0-6. Played some great stuff in the 3rd and 4th set but was too negative in the other three. Not sure whether the cramp in the final set made a difference but a decent performance none-the-less.

ReputationRep:
    It's in Federer's hands especially since he can pretty much walk into the final with his draw. Nadal could potentially test him but im not even sure Nadal will get to the final since he has got to play Blake tomorrow who is on fire and potentially Ginepri, who is on fire also and Agassi who may be playing in his last grand slam, in which case will want to win it more than anything. All of three could beat Nadal imo.

ReputationRep:
    ... and if you think push ups are getting easy - pop down to argooooos and get those push up bars which allow for deeper push ups - and then place your feet on a higher surface -like your bed... Very painful
    I gave that up after a while

ReputationRep:
    Beach volleyball.

ReputationRep:
    Nadal is his only serious threat but Srichapan could be a dark horse

ReputationRep:
    I think I can run 100 in around 14 seconds.

ReputationRep:
    general rugby league stuff tends to get bogged down in other threads, and so to celebrate wigan beating leeds, i made the rugby league thread! i thought twas a very good game, and wigan deserved the win. and it showed character after being mauled by ~70 points last tiem we played them...

ReputationRep:
    League requires miles more skill than Union.

Every drive in league has to count, every tackle is important cos if u don't make the yards by the last tackle your opponents are on your line. Not like Union where a team playin with safe hands can just keep drivin on.

As for all Farrell leavin league for union its pityful! Faz is 30 year old! If Union need him to invigorate their game there's something wrong.
    I can guarantee one thing... League's next big signing will NOT be Martin Johnson!

ReputationRep:
    And why not Union has its own thread.

ReputationRep:
    Which of you follows NRL?

IM pegging either Broncs or Parra to win the premiership... (i may not like league, but the footy show is mad)

Speaking of which..

Who watches the footy show?

ReputationRep:
    It's about time London won the Premiership.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.