Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    2006? You mean the return series in Oz?

Why not? Since the advent of digital TV, a lot of people have Sky now. When Sky was launched in the early 90's, few people had it. I heard about 40-50% of homes in the UK have digital, so that's a sizable amount of people.

In that sense, the law keeping major sporting events on terrestrial TV should be repealed, since it's not as relevant now.

ReputationRep:
    Woh Blake was absolutely incredible against Nadal yesterday! Was one the best quality games i have eva seen! Phenomenal stuff! Definetly looked like Championship winning material!

ReputationRep:
    i think twill be interesting. the logistics will be the proverbial pain though...

ReputationRep:
    While alot have digital, not many parents would subscribe to the sports channels depending on the package. I think it should be available on channel 4 as it gets more people interested in the game and this then has a knockon effect, plus more people are likely to watch it if its on 4.

How to prevent it...get Abrhamovic to take over channel 4!

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure all England test tours (abroad) have been on Sky sports, and only home tests on channel 4, in recent years anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing in my wheelchair, for the laura crane trust!!!! think training is going quite well how bout u???

ReputationRep:
    I cant wait to see Andrew Johns against Leeds on Saturday. Warrington to win the grand final.

Tbh i will be happy if we get past the first elimination. At least we have done better than last year!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Is Simon Jones playing then?

If not I say we use Collingwood.
    Aren't they bringing Tremlett in? I'd check but I can't be arsed having spent all afternoon trawling cricinfo.com trying to do the bloody quiz from Saturday's Independant. Has anyone else tried? I've got all the answers bar 3....

ReputationRep:
    Tremlett's not in the squad, but Jimmy Anderson is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Aren't they bringing Tremlett in? I'd check but I can't be arsed having spent all afternoon trawling cricinfo.com trying to do the bloody quiz from Saturday's Independant. Has anyone else tried? I've got all the answers bar 3....
    Much to your horror and my amazement, our good friend, the one and only, red dyed, spiked hair, yep you've guessed it, Jimmy Anderson is on standby for Simon Jones!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
    Tremlett's not in the squad, but Jimmy Anderson is.
    F**K. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't bode well does it?

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't bode well does it?
    *commits suicide*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    *commits suicide*
    Now just watch him take the decisive wickets that clinch us the Ashes. Or not.
    If he does, I will eat my proverbial hat. I say bring back Chris Silverwood (although I think he's injured at the moment). I only say that because he went to my school

ReputationRep:
    Now just watch him take the decisive wickets that clinch us the Ashes. Or not.
    If he does, I will eat my proverbial hat. I say bring back Chris Silverwood (although I think he's injured at the moment). I only say that because he went to my school
    I think Vaughany should just use himself and Bell.
    If Jimmy A takes a wicket against the Aussies I will eat a tomato (because I hate them).
    Also, I think Tuffers should come out of retirement!

ReputationRep:
    I love watching Tuffers bat - he reminds me of myself

ReputationRep:
    Jimmy Anderson won't play. Think about it - we need a draw - thus we need to avoid getting bowled out twice. Hence: batting. Collingwood.

I reckon Anderson was just put in so as to not give out a defensive tone to the Australians beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    But wasn't somebody (can't remember who) saying that they'll probably play Anderson because the team they've been playing and the tactics they've been using have obviously been working, so a straight swap - ie Jones for Anderson - would be the best option. If it ain't broke, and all that.

ReputationRep:
    But wasn't somebody (can't remember who) saying that they'll probably play Anderson because the team they've been playing and the tactics they've been using have obviously been working, so a straight swap - ie Jones for Anderson - would be the best option. If it ain't broke, and all that.
    You're forgetting one thing....Jimmy Anderson is crap, Jones is fairly decent.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    That's good in theory, but plans (i.e., 5 bowlers) are only worth anything if each part of it can funtion correctly. Simon Jones and James Anderson isn't a straight swap sadly, due to the fact that the former is just a considerably better bowler.

I hope they play Collingwood anyway.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.