Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Not many people watchin the US Open then? =O

Blake Agassi on soon! Shud be quality!
    Really hope Agassi wins this. Very tough to call though given Blake's recent form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Really hope Agassi wins this. Very tough to call though given Blake's recent form.
    Blake's game is on, but I'm also rooting for Agassi. Before you know it his son will be in an Open as well. With his and Steffi Gaf's genes I do not know how one can go wrong .

ReputationRep:
    Still not under-way : :rolleyes: ! Currently waiting for Davenport vs Dementieva to finish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi4Zlatan)
    This may sound sad, but ever since Roddick was knocked out, I've lost 80% interest in the Open, but Im regaining interest fast. Murray may go far! I haven't yet watched a full match of his yet, but I will. I am also going to support Nadal, and I would like to see someone other than Federer....and Hewitt win. Damn you Roddick, how could you disappoint your fans like that!
    I feel sorry for his sponsors!

Hooray for Ginepri though! I want Agassi and Gin to play eachother.

ReputationRep:
    This has just finished and has to be one of the best tennis matches in the history of the game. It is a must see for any tennis fan and if you dont know the result I suggest you avoid it and try and watch the match. Unbelievable, incredible, impossible dont do this match justice.

For those who want to know the result.....

Spoiler:
    Show
    Agassi 3-6 3-6 6-3 6-3 7-6

ReputationRep:
    Amazing match. Agassi has always been my favourite player and once again he showed his class.

ReputationRep:
    Get behind your country at 10.25 this morning, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...nd/4217144.stm
    Join the thousands who will be singing Jerusalem as a good luck blessing on the England Players.

Good luck to them all.

ReputationRep:
    theres Boots N ALL here on A sunday between the "Sunday raost:" and "The Sunday footy show" all three are to do with league.

ReputationRep:
    there playing collingwood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    Does anyone here go sailing?

Or own a boat? My family own a Mylne (if anyuone knows what that is!) and are possibly - most probably buying a Fife.

We sail on the River Mersey and go to the Menai Strait Regattas every summer to sail there. It's fab.
    I am another mad person who sails lol, there was another sailing thread on here some where!

I sail on The Clyde west coast Scotland. My parents dont sail, but have raced dingies and yachts for about 8 years. nope dont have a clue what Mylne's look like, but if you mean a Fife-as in "the Fife yachts"-i know eaxctly what you mean-they were all build about 10 miles down the road-an original or replica?

ReputationRep:
    I don't sail but have had to help in the rescue of a few o fyou guys! Best sailing boat incident I've been on a shout for was when a yacht owner managed to drop his anchor just out of harbour! How? not a clue but was a good rescue right infront of the boat house!

Though don't worry could be worse could be fishermen! Two fishing vessels middle of the Irish Sea manage to crash into each other head on! How's it possible! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steve-j)
    I don't sail but have had to help in the rescue of a few o fyou guys! Best sailing boat incident I've been on a shout for was when a yacht owner managed to drop his anchor just out of harbour! How? not a clue but was a good rescue right infront of the boat house!

Though don't worry could be worse could be fishermen! Two fishing vessels middle of the Irish Sea manage to crash into each other head on! How's it possible! lol

Am i being thick here-but why if he dropped his anchor would there be a lifeboat shout?-btw is that the boat in douglas?

Having tried to stay out of fishermans way in the Irish Sea-i know what you mean!!

ReputationRep:
    gr8 match!!! the coria ginepri match was also amazing to watch!!!

ReputationRep:
    Crap wrote a long explanation but the server was busy so lost it!

Short story is was going out to sea in rough weather, anchor went over, they couldn't recover it panic, should of cut an bouyed it to pick up later. Oh well we all make mistakes!

Oh and if you find yourself in need of a tow, please don't sue the RNLI if your boat gets damaged during it as we are not a towing service, we are there to save lives! Some **** down south got into trouble got towed back to harbour by the lifeboat, but scraped the harbour wall on entering, is now sueing the RNLI for damages because we are leagaly responsible for the vessel while we have it in tow. ungateful barsteward!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    Does anyone here go sailing?

Or own a boat? My family own a Mylne (if anyuone knows what that is!) and are possibly - most probably buying a Fife.

We sail on the River Mersey and go to the Menai Strait Regattas every summer to sail there. It's fab.

I'm a dinghy sailor - I've got a Laser 2 (nice and new) and I sail it on Derwent reservoir in Northumbria. Although I've sailed near my home in London, but Queen Mary's is the only place nearby and frankly I'm not digging the dead pigeons floating about.

Is the Clyde near Tignabruich? I did a sailing course up there this year, beautiful place to sail, but lots of jellyfish!

ReputationRep:
    England 213-4

(Original post by Becca)
    :afraid:
    I don't know if I'll be able to watch.....these things make me nervous.
    you're like my mum

ReputationRep:
    Hello I wonder if someone can help me here...

We recentlyhad a jujitsu demo at my college over two days, the head instructor couldn't make it to the 2nd day and so the 1nd in command took the lead and said (i gather she wasn't supposed to) that jujitsu was all fine and well but she wanted to show us some techniques of , ithink she called it, kenpo/kempo jujitsu which is more real-life techniques for attacks in bars, etc.

The story she told was a man in Belfast was tired of learning techniques that were not applicable to real-life safety so he would develop new techniques and then go into bars in Belfast and pick a fight with the biggest guy in the bar, if the techniques didn't work in this situation he didn't teach them to his students.

I am very interested into looking into this but have had no luck finding any info and wondered if any of you could help me here, thanks!

(Original post by sumitk87)
    this is the ashes England vs the aussies , england havnt had such a gd chance in quite some time.
    Comon ENGLAND !!!!
    mcgrath predicted 5-0 :rofl:
    Australie can't win,not after all this...they're bound to fall sometime,i just hope its now

ReputationRep:
    cool, yeh sailing wi dead pigeons doesn't seem highly appealing. Yeh I sail from largs, its not very far from Tinny, bout 3 hours sail. Who was your instructor/s...i know quite a few of them.

Yup its gorgeous!! but i agree far too many jellyfish.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.