Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    Thorpe was a definite no-no. One of the ingredients to our success recently has been not having any links to the festering dog **** that was our team of the 90s. Bringing back Mr 'I only play when I feel like it and will probably collapse with a back spasm after half an innings' would have restored that link. Bell is a popular person and is good for team morale. The mental strength, togetherness and consistency of having a team and sticking to it is what's winning us this series and giving us the edge over the Aussies.
    I'd rather have Thorpe's runs than Bell's morale.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    I'd rather have Thorpe's runs than Bell's morale.
    Thorpe's runs? What makes you think Thorpe is guaranteed to get runs? If he'd played all 5 tests this series I reckon he would have had one fantastic test with 150+ runs, one good test of 100 ish runs and three diabolical ones. That's the way he plays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Amazing match. Agassi has always been my favourite player and once again he showed his class.
    Yeah 3 incredible matches last night!! :eek:

Firstly I thought Coria was very unlucky to lose against Ginepri, I love Coria's style and how he can reach such powerful shots that seem to have already passed him. Played some absolutely incredible stuff under extreme pressure aswell, saved 5 or 6 match points.

Dementieva Davenport was a strange ish game, but I'm glad Dementieva won! Davenport didn't deserve to win after her first set performance, absolutely abysmal! Dementieva was such a fighter in that game and played sum well sexy stuff at times! I love her body movement on her forehands and how her whole body gets into the shot and like spins around as she hits it! 'Tis cool! :cool:

And Wow Agassi Blake was just amazing! What a come back from Agassi! It's a shame that Blake had to lose it as it was such a high level from both players!

Amazing nite of tennis!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    Thorpe's runs? What makes you think Thorpe is guaranteed to get runs? If he'd played all 5 tests this series I reckon he would have had one fantastic test with 150+ runs, one good test of 100 ish runs and three diabolical ones. That's the way he plays.
    I am basing my speculation on the fact that he's averaged about 46 against Australia throughout his career, playing for a team that was getting dominated throughout. Consequently, it's probably reasonable to say he can play Warne and McGrath - a very, very large part of the challenge of succeeding against Australia.

ReputationRep:
    Tits.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing match. Agassi has always been my favourite player and once again he showed his class.
    What a game!
    Man, that was the best game i've seen in yonks!
    Blake was amazing, but there again, so was Agassi. Some of his returns at the end when he needed them most were incredible. It was harsh on Blake to lose, but it would have been harsh on Agassi to lose for coming back so well! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Going a bit **** now. :dong:

ReputationRep:
    Uhuh.

England will do well to get to 350 now...

ReputationRep:
    What a pile of cra...

ReputationRep:
    Jones close to a run-out there. My word it's gone pear-shaped.

ReputationRep:
    Have you done a Google search?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    What a game!
    Man, that was the best game i've seen in yonks!
    Blake was amazing, but there again, so was Agassi. Some of his returns at the end when he needed them most were incredible. It was harsh on Blake to lose, but it would have been harsh on Agassi to lose for coming back so well! :cool:
    I agree - fantastic game, and fantastic end point for Agassi. Would love to see him in the final, but then again am a huge fan of Hewitt - I hope he wins this evening, but I can't see him getting past Fed in the semis...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone think Nalbandian can put up a decent fight against Federer this evening? Maybe it's too much to hope for...

ReputationRep:
    I think its too much to hope for! :p:

I reckon 6-4 7-6 6-3 to Fed

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't say pear shaped. i think it's ok. just like football's a game of two halves, this is a game of two innings. i'm pretty confident we're still in for a win, and i can't see australia batting too well when it's their turn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    The football is back on Saturday, as good as the Ashes is, people will still flock to all corners of the ground to watch 22 overpaid, ungrateful and petulent men play football. And once the 5th test is over, football will regain its spot as no.1 sport in this country.
    Most probably

The only reason there is such interest in the series is because England have been the better side against Australia for the first time in yonks. The interest will die down when England visit Pakistan and India in the winter.
    I doubt that, there wil lbe quite a number who will be hooked, maybe if not watching it (Sky vs Terretial and all that) but following the score. Visits fomr India and pakistan have always reared support for circket and those tours were only second to Ashes series. Maybe the winter tour there will generate an increased interest such as the Rugby Union tour down under 6 months ago.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to play the sport in order to join?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah hes great finally someone I agree with.

ReputationRep:
    Gd stuff! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4227872.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr_browne)

I doubt that, there wil lbe quite a number who will be hooked, maybe if not watching it (Sky vs Terretial and all that) but following the score. Visits fomr India and pakistan have always reared support for circket and those tours were only second to Ashes series. Maybe the winter tour there will generate an increased interest such as the Rugby Union tour down under 6 months ago.
    i think the interest will die down....with cricket everyone seems to have jumped on the bandwagon cos england are doing well..
    in india this winter the england cricket team will come back down to earth with a great bang!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.