Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Piggsil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
All i remember is that superb theme tune the BBC had as the intro to the cricket, ahh those were the days, when we always lost.
They still play it on TMS.
It goes: di di di di di di di di dee di did did di di di...doo doo doo doo doo! doo doo doo doo doo doo doo! etc etc.
Another awesome (not earliest) memory is when I went to the last day at the England v India Trent Bridge test in 2002 for free and saw Vaughany bowl Tendulkar out with an awesome ball! Then we were all singing "Vaughany bowled Tendulkar, Vaughany bowled Tendulkar, na na na na, na na na na!"
Piggsil
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
*closes eyes, mutters to self and rocks back and forth*
must win match, must win match....Come on Freddie, do your thing!
Zurich
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Thorpe was a definite no-no. One of the ingredients to our success recently has been not having any links to the festering dog **** that was our team of the 90s. Bringing back Mr 'I only play when I feel like it and will probably collapse with a back spasm after half an innings' would have restored that link. Bell is a popular person and is good for team morale. The mental strength, togetherness and consistency of having a team and sticking to it is what's winning us this series and giving us the edge over the Aussies.
Possibly the biggest heap of tripe I've ever read in my life. You have absolutely no idea about cricket.

He averaged 60 in the last two years of test cricket, and spent his entire career proving that he was the one to be relied upon when everything around him collapsed. His 119 not out at Bridgetown last year was one of the greatest innings ever played to single-handedly keep your team going.

He spent most of his career batting in a pretty poor side that was usually chasing huge totals, or falling apart under the pressure of having to bat for two days to save another match.

Graham Thorpe is quite simply one of the best batsmen ever to play for England, as has shown more resilience and strength of character than Ian Bell could ever dream of.
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
Another one, related to me playing. I went to training for our local club quite regularly when I was about 10-11, and the coach (who was a Chemistry teacher at my secondary school, and once coached Chris Silverwood) but one stump in the ground with a 50p on it. The first person to hit the stump got the 50p, and I did it first time Woo!
Me trapping Alec Stewart LBW is my claim to fame
IzzTheGreat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
argh, ths is excruciating! I can't see England winning or drawing this match now, we don't look anything like getting wickets. Grr.
White_redrose
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
I hate Hewitt, I want Federer is annihilate him in the semi finals!!!!
Much as I like Hewitt, I'm pretty sure you'll get your wish! Only Safin and Nadal - and sometimes Gasquet - can touch Federer right now. I just hope Hewitt doesn't lose too badly...i.e a repeat of the 6-0, 6-0 scoreline we saw last year in the US Open final. I'm glad Hewitt fought back so well against Nieminen though! Nieminen was playing some amazing tennis for the first couple of sets.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Patience required. Australia still 300 runs behind and hey, it's supposed to rain soon and the pitch is as flat as a Michael Atherton press conference!
White_redrose
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What do you guys think about the Ginepri vs. Agassi match to come? Agassi to come through? Would be great for him to reach the final.
Piggsil
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nooooo! Trescothinck normally such a safe pair of hands!! :bawling:

And you leave Athers alone! :p:
Piggsil
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Me trapping Alec Stewart LBW is my claim to fame
:eek: I'm so jealous. Alec Stewart is my hero! I actually want to call my son Alec after him....:s:

:love:
IzzTheGreat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah, they're under 300 runs behind now, but they still have 10 wickets! *rain dance*
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Bad light...
Seems a bit of a foolish decision as the commentary is saying over and over again.
Piggsil
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain. Pleeease!
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I should hijack the betfair blimp channel 4 use and load it full of water then sprinkle it all over the oval for the rest of the test.
Lillith Grimore
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We all seem to have disappeared My latest achivement is getting Matt to load at the first time of asking - 9 months ago it took 3 people 2 hours to get him on a lorry. He's a clever boy I'm going to blenhiem tomorrow too, woohoo!!
Luize
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We should be hoping for rain on Sunday and Monday. From what I have heard those are the days where it should be quite clear. Today I wouldn't worry about...they can't seem to make up their mind if they want to go out or not...mindsets aren't going to be focused.
suziestonebitch
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by hull chic)
ok for a start what exactly is your definition of common is it just coming from up north or do you actually base it on fact and secondly is this the best arguement that you can come up with against league.
Edit:I found this post highly offensive. There are other ways of arguing a point without resorting to slamming someones class or status.
ChelseaBabe Sports Mod
Fenil
Report 13 years ago
Im thinking that we are all saying that Aussies should have continued to play as they need to win the match....but just say they played and lost like 3 quick wickets...wouldnt out thinking process just change....im not saying england dnt deserve to win...Eng have played excellent from day of the summer series..and in my opinion should be holding the Ashes Trophey. Aussies too have played good cricket making each match go to the final day, excting finishes...it would just add to the series if this match also goes right to the bone.
fr browne
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
First cricketing memeory is of Lara's 375 was it? that was an amazing achievement, I still have the wagon wheel diagram i cut out from the newspaper. My first match was ironically Eng vs W'Indies at Old Trafford getting in for £5 on the Friday and then free on the Monday, its amazing how the crowd flock to see Lara, everyone stopped what they were doing and sat down.
yo-less
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Becca)
*proud*
I have supported England through thick and thin. Even when they are crap, which is a lot of the time.
My first cricket memory is the series vs S. Africa in 1998 (I think) and the Atherton-Donald face off. Muahahaaaa. Good one Athers.
What about other people? What are your first cricket memories?
my 1rst memory is from when i was 6,the 1996 world cup,Sri lanka against Australia.best sports day of my life
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed