Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :mad: ! Played well when she was really against it but couldnt get her serve going.

ReputationRep:
    Well then can I ente runder Biathlon, long term suporter of the sport but see no way how i could possibly make myself fit enough to undertake it.

ReputationRep:
    My first ever memory of cricket is Imran Khan lifting the 1992 World Cup. Ever since, its been on and off, mainly because I didn't have Sky and/or the internet (up until 2000) to keep track. A couple of other main things that stand out that I've watched are: England's win in the gloom of Karachi in 2001, Dravid's double century at Trent Bridge in 2002, Vaughan's 195 in the same match, England's win over Pakistan in 2003 (when, ironically, we were hailing Jimmy Anderson as a hero), England's almost win over the Aussies, Matthew Hayden's 380, England's first win the carribean in 36 years, Brian Lara's 400, England beating Australia in the Champions Trophy, West Indies winning it and many, many more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lillith Grimore)
    Good for you. So are me and the other mokeys in the thread.

OK, so maybe Western is easy but English isn't!! (Or maybe I've just been doing it wrong for 11 years, who knows)
    lol English, Western...all the same. They're just saddles. There's really no difference except for the way you sit...

Sport should be something where you exert a lot of energy and move--instead of relying on something to run or move for you...

Given that, horsebackriding is my fave "sport."

ReputationRep:
    RE-suzi.. or whatever the name is..

Hun, there are just as many bogans in union as there are in league.

ReputationRep:
    yea its a lazy sport

ReputationRep:
    I can only do 15.3 Is this really crap?

Oh I got 13.9 at high school but on a proper track and at a proper athletic competition only got 15.3.

ReputationRep:
    so what does everyone think about this test?please answer honestly. Do you think there will be a draw or is it more likely that aussies r going to win?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone else who watched the wigan v saints game last night agree that its about time that the league did something about terry newton. there were two occasions last night when i personally felt that he could have been sent off the head high shot on gilmour and the off the ball incident with long that looks as though it could have broken his cheekbone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Yeah, you know much better then the people who select the squad.
    They thought it was the right decision at the time. At least two have since admitted that Thorpe should have played, and there was an attempt to get him back but Thorpe was having none of it.

Was that the only responce you had to everything I pointed out?

ReputationRep:
    terry newton is a passionate player, who can get over emotionally involved in a game. he just needs Millward to take him aside and give him a talking to every now and again. saints deserved the win, but it wasn't the prettiest of games...

ReputationRep:
    All of Zurich's points are valid and true. I believe that Thorpe should have played this is especially apparent in this last test as he is one of the ones who could keep a cool head in the middle order guiding Pietersen and Jones through a session or two in order to ultimately win the series. Yes let him retire after the series and bring along Bell, Key and whoever else you think may warrent a place and let them gain expereince playing on the subcontinent rather than against Australia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lady W)
    The main instructors name was Derek and then we were taught by a Scottish lad, who I have again forgotton the name of. I'm rubbish. But he was a very good sailor and teacher. My cousin used to teach there too, name of Ben.

Apparently the jellyfish don't sting - I don't believe them.
    This would be correct, if talking about the wee tiny ones-thus the age old sport of jellyfish fighting was born!....but the ones with lots of tentacles do sting!!

aye Derek runs the place-at this time on a sat morning-peoples names escape me-there was Ali i know lol

ReputationRep:
    i'd a loved it if stewart and thorpe played instead of bell and geraint. but it was never gonna happen...

Tresco
    Strauss
    Vaughan
    Thorpe
    Pietersen
    Stewart
    Flintoff
    Giles
    Hoggy
    Harmy
    Jones

ReputationRep:
    What about Goughie instead of Hoggy? He was on fire in the 20/20 against Australia, bring him back to test cricket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Yeah, you know much better then the people who select the squad.
    I've got to say I agree with him. Thorpe really would have done a lot more than Bell has done. Trust me, I should know: Don Bradman is my dad, Jim Laker is my mum, and I keep Rahul Dravid in my cupboard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr_browne)
    What about Goughie instead of Hoggy? He was on fire in the 20/20 against Australia, bring him back to test cricket.
    This must be a joke.. surely? Did you watch the ODI series? He was absolute horse. More to the point, he has a knackered knee (maybe both of them), so there's no chance he could last a 5 day test match even if he was bowling well.. which he isn't. He doesn't even play much for Essex anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Ok ok maybe a year ago he could have replaced Hoggy but can you really see Stewart playing either?

ReputationRep:
    play starts at 11 doesnt it? i cant watch it because for some reason on ntl channel 4 is black but all other channels are fine, anyone else got this on ntl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr_browne)
    Ok ok maybe a year ago he could have replaced Hoggy but can you really see Stewart playing either?
    No.. because he's about 53244 years old. Why are you talking about Stewart?

We don't need anyone to replace Hoggard.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.