The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6120
Come on the rain!

We've just had a monsoon in Oxfordshire. I think if the rain can bat through till Sunday lunch time we've got it in the bag!
Gexko
Come on the rain!

We've just had a monsoon in Oxfordshire. I think if the rain can bat through till Sunday lunch time we've got it in the bag!

I've heard some sources say tomorrow sun, and some say it's rain.

Can anybody confirm which it is?
tis_me_lord
Why don't you just bring back Atherton, Butcher, Hussain, Caddick, Gough etc as well though? :rolleyes:

Because:

1. Strauss is a better option than Atherton.
2. Vaughan is a better option than Butcher.
3. Pietersen is a better option than Hussein (although he's been poor lately).
4. Harmison is a better option than Caddick.
5. Jones is a better option than Gough.

All of the other old timers you mentioned are either retired, injured or out of form (with the exception of Caddick), and had been out of the England team for a while. Thorpe was playing well and in the England team.

So your analogy doesn't really work.
Reply 6123
tis_me_lord
I've heard some sources say tomorrow sun, and some say it's rain.

Can anybody confirm which it is?

This is England, theres no hope of predicting the weather in an hour, let alone tommorow.
Tonight Matthew
Because:

1. Strauss is a better option than Atherton.
2. Vaughan is a better option than Butcher.
3. Pietersen is a better option than Hussein (although he's been poor lately).
4. Harmison is a better option than Caddick.
5. Jones is a better option than Gough.

All of the other old timers you mentioned are either retired, injured or out of form (with the exception of Caddick), and had been out of the England team for a while. Thorpe was playing well and in the England team.

So your analogy doesn't really work.

I was being sarcastic, you don't need to analise every name I said. :confused:
If the idea was to 'think of the future' - though I'm not sure he even constitutes that - play Ian Bell, if the idea was to pick the best batsman for this ashes series then I want the drugs avaliable to England selectors.
tis_me_lord
I was being sarcastic, you don't need to analise every name I said. :confused:

Yeah I know, I just did so to prove why the analogy was inappropriate.

At least Harmison seems to be getting worked up now.
.. and a wicket.
Reply 6128
Get in!
Ha' wa zaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??!?!?!?!?! :biggrin:
Reply 6130
Langer gone :smile:

Good good.

And its raining.
Thank Christ for the end of Langer, I was beginning to think we'd never shift the obstinate bastard.
Reply 6132
Got tickets for the oval tomorrow, does anyone know if we can bring our own beer and food etc. into the ground?? cheers
kiawah
Got tickets for the oval tomorrow, does anyone know if we can bring our own beer and food etc. into the ground?? cheers

I'm not sure, because when I've been to Lord's, I was with people who took their own food (and presumably drink in), but I don't think that was allowed when I've been to Old Trafford. If I was to say either way, I'd imagine it's a no, as they're going to want to force you to buy food and beer from the various overpriced stalls around.

You can call The Oval on 020-7582-6660 and find out for sure.
mc_watson87
INcredible stuff!!

Shara was 0-40 down in the 2nd set at 5-6 down. Saved 5 match points in that service game and then wins the tie break!! 1 set all!! :biggrin: GET IN!

Sensational stuff - I can't believe she managed to do that! I've never really been a big fan of Sharapova's, but I am now - she really impressed me with her fighting spirit, refusing to lie down and die - it would've been all too easy for her to let Kim take the set 6-0, so all credit to her. Kim to win against Pierce now, what do you think? She's certainly in top form.
stratomaster
I wanna see an Agassi v Federer final! that's be awsome, maybe agassi could take him all the way this time :biggrin:

I'd love to see that too - tbh, anyone beating Federer would bring a smile to my face!I know there are reports of him being an all-round nice guy in the locker room, but he comes across as arrogant (rather than having a firm sense of self-belief and pride) which really irritates me. For example, in his press conference after beating Nalbandian, when asked about Hewitt, his forthcoming opponent, I remember him saying something like 'yeah, he's nearly there now'/grinning and saying (while clearly not meaning it) 'yeah, it'll be a tough match.' He might well beat Hewitt 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 tonight, but does he have to be so darn smug about it?! :p: :smile: lol. I'm trying hard to like Federer, but not succeeding atm!
Everdawn
RE-suzi.. or whatever the name is..

Hun, there are just as many bogans in union as there are in league.

Exactly. :biggrin:
Australia are probably buggered now. We're over half way through the test and only 11 of the 40 wickets have fallen, with more rain today and rain probable rain tomorrow, I'd say it's almost inevitable it's gonna finish in a draw. Someone even suggested that they might even be rain on the final day as well lmao!
Reply 6138
SlyPie
lol English, Western...all the same. They're just saddles. There's really no difference except for the way you..

Do you actually know anything? The quote above is completly inaccurate; seeing as though you have only ever attempted Western riding how can you comment on English riding? Your just pre-judging on a topic you really don;t know alot about.

If your not going to put some decent ideas into the conversation, leave!!
Reply 6139
FOR ALL THE REAL INTERESTED HORSEY PEOPLE:

Desmond has had a virus! Gave him two and a half weeks rest and a supplement in his feed and he has now recovered. I started walking him out in Wednesday but its so boring just walking him round to bring him back into work slowly.

Goiing to take him indoor jumping to get him used to indoors for HOYS, which is on the 16th October, but I go to Cambridge on the 1st! :eek: Therefore we have to send him away for two and a half weeks, so I won't have ridden him for that long! Not the best idea I've had!!

Also we have decided that selling him would be the best option, as I am both too big and too far away for realistic competition. We havent advertised him yet, but told a friend we are selling him and she knows a friend, who is going to come try him next week :frown: I'm so sad about it, and will cry! We have had him 7 years. The lady is 50 and wants to go affliated eventing on him. My baby is going.

Latest