Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sharpshooter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Australia are probably buggered now. We're over half way through the test and only 11 of the 40 wickets have fallen, with more rain today and rain probable rain tomorrow, I'd say it's almost inevitable it's gonna finish in a draw. Someone even suggested that they might even be rain on the final day as well lmao!
Noel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SlyPie)
lol English, Western...all the same. They're just saddles. There's really no difference except for the way you..
Do you actually know anything? The quote above is completly inaccurate; seeing as though you have only ever attempted Western riding how can you comment on English riding? Your just pre-judging on a topic you really don;t know alot about.

If your not going to put some decent ideas into the conversation, leave!!
Noel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
FOR ALL THE REAL INTERESTED HORSEY PEOPLE:

Desmond has had a virus! Gave him two and a half weeks rest and a supplement in his feed and he has now recovered. I started walking him out in Wednesday but its so boring just walking him round to bring him back into work slowly.

Goiing to take him indoor jumping to get him used to indoors for HOYS, which is on the 16th October, but I go to Cambridge on the 1st! :eek: Therefore we have to send him away for two and a half weeks, so I won't have ridden him for that long! Not the best idea I've had!!

Also we have decided that selling him would be the best option, as I am both too big and too far away for realistic competition. We havent advertised him yet, but told a friend we are selling him and she knows a friend, who is going to come try him next week I'm so sad about it, and will cry! We have had him 7 years. The lady is 50 and wants to go affliated eventing on him. My baby is going.
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Sharpshooter)
Australia are probably buggered now. We're over half way through the test and only 11 of the 40 wickets have fallen, with more rain today and rain probable rain tomorrow, I'd say it's almost inevitable it's gonna finish in a draw. Someone even suggested that they might even be rain on the final day as well lmao!
They'll be hoping to take it down to 30 wickets in the match, by not using their second innings.

If they rack up a lead of 250+ and use Warne on 4/5th day they can get us all out, they did it at the end of the fourth match!

I'm hoping we bat sensibly and get into a lead again at some stage, then runs count double and waste a lot more time.
erk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They're not buggered.

As tismelord said, they could do that. Or declare just under our total, put warne in, we'll be shaked up and knowing england, make mistakes. if the weather is fine they'll EASILY get the runs. But yea, it's all weather dependant at the mo.
yo-less
Badges: 1
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zaf1986)
My first ever memory of cricket is Imran Khan lifting the 1992 World Cup. Ever since, its been on and off, mainly because I didn't have Sky and/or the internet (up until 2000) to keep track. A couple of other main things that stand out that I've watched are: England's win in the gloom of Karachi in 2001, Dravid's double century at Trent Bridge in 2002, Vaughan's 195 in the same match, England's win over Pakistan in 2003 (when, ironically, we were hailing Jimmy Anderson as a hero), England's almost win over the Aussies, Matthew Hayden's 380, England's first win the carribean in 36 years, Brian Lara's 400, England beating Australia in the Champions Trophy, West Indies winning it and many, many more.
my Dad has met Imran Kahn
tis_me_lord
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by erk)
They're not buggered.

As tismelord said, they could do that. Or declare just under our total, put warne in, we'll be shaked up and knowing england, make mistakes. if the weather is fine they'll EASILY get the runs. But yea, it's all weather dependant at the mo.
I don't see why they'd do that over my method though, want shane on as late as possible dont you?
kiawah
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Tonight Matthew)
I'm not sure, because when I've been to Lord's, I was with people who took their own food (and presumably drink in), but I don't think that was allowed when I've been to Old Trafford. If I was to say either way, I'd imagine it's a no, as they're going to want to force you to buy food and beer from the various overpriced stalls around.

You can call The Oval on 020-7582-6660 and find out for sure.

cheers mate. you off to york as well then?
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Okay so whats happening so far peeps. Hows England doing? Tell me in normal terms and not cricket ones!! LOL
EPD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Bye bye Ponting
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
Okay so whats happening so far peeps. Hows England doing? Tell me in normal terms and not cricket ones!! LOL
we got 373 runs in the first innings. Now aussies have 268 for 2...

Basically unless we get a lot of them out in the next 100 or so runs they will be leading.
We need to improve the fielding, or pray for a lot of rain.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Luize)
we got 373 runs in the first innings. Now aussies have 268 for 2...

Basically unless we get a lot of them out in the next 100 or so runs they will be leading.
We need to improve the fielding, or pray for a lot of rain.
Thanks hunny!!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm not feeling very confident just now at all.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I'm not feeling very confident just now at all.
Why? :confused:
Luize
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Aus are batting well, only 2 wickets taken.
And we seem useless. It doesn't seem to be looking good for an England win...draw perhaps.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Luize)
And we seem useless. It doesn't seem to be looking good for an England win...draw perhaps.
but a draw is good isn't it? That means we still win.
Luize
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeh. But it's not exciting and as much as I hate to say it Aus seem to be playing a lot better than we are in this test.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Luize)
yeh. But it's not exciting and as much as I hate to say it Aus seem to be playing a lot better than we are in this test.
They have more to lose though.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
Why? :confused:
Because 3 days are gone, but what if the Aussies hold on for a huge total. If they do so, and go into the 2nd innings with a big lead we'll be under pressure. Though, if we do get the Aussies out tomorrow, we'll have to bat a whole day to save the match. But I don't know whether or not they can do that. I wish we had chosen Jimmy Anderson. The only way Collinwood can justify his selection now would be to post a big score in the 2nd innings, like a 100.
tis_me_lord
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Luize)
We're not actually bowling that badly, their batting is just good...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed