Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I going to start canoeing at uni. I went canoeing in Angelsey across the Menai Straits, and loved it! This may sound retarded but hey, whats the difference between canowing and kayaking?

ReputationRep:
    I love riding and horses. Used to go riding regularly before I moved in with my bloke and then I could no longer afford it! Hoping to start again after Christmas though.

ReputationRep:
    I had skating lessons 'til I was 16, then gave it up to spend more time on my social life. I've been thinking about joining an ice-dancing club though. Was just wondering if anyone else out there likes skating.

ReputationRep:
    SKY are a fcking joke why aren't they showing federer vs hewitt ffs! idiots!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    SKY are a fcking joke why aren't they showing federer vs hewitt ffs! idiots!
    Why the hell not?
    When is the womens final btw? Tonight at 01.00?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    Why the hell not?
    When is the womens final btw? Tonight at 01.00?
    cos speedway live on skysports xtra is a real ratings winner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noel)
    I going to start canoeing at uni. I went canoeing in Angelsey across the Menai Straits, and loved it! This may sound retarded but hey, whats the difference between canowing and kayaking?
    kayaking tends to be one man, canoeing is two man. but you cna have two-man kayaks and canoe on your own...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    kayaking tends to be one man, canoeing is two man. but you cna have two-man kayaks and canoe on your own...
    No, kayaking is done with a 2 ended paddle and you sit with your legs in front of you.

Canoeing is a one ended paddle, and you kneel down and sorta sit on your legs.

And you can get 1, 2 and 4 man kayaks. You can also canoe with 1, or 2 people, or have a Canadian canoe which is supposed to be for about 3 but can get more in if you squish up and don't mind getting wet.

Juno

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juueru_chou)
    No, kayaking is done with a 2 ended paddle and you sit with your legs in front of you.

Canoeing is a one ended paddle, and you kneel down and sorta sit on your legs.

And you can get 1, 2 and 4 man kayaks. You can also canoe with 1, or 2 people, or have a Canadian canoe which is supposed to be for about 3 but can get more in if you squish up and don't mind getting wet.

Juno
    ok, thats the offical definition then :rolleyes: and i'm sure you can canoe in a sitting position. what about people with knackered knees?

ReputationRep:
    What a debut!!!johns was absolutely brilliant and absolutely deserved to be man of the match.

The atmosphere was the best ive experienced at the halliwell jones ever. Playing like that and with joey in the team we can win the grand final.

COME ON YOU WOLVES!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Agassi into the mens final woo!

ReputationRep:
    cos speedway live on skysports xtra is a real ratings winner
    I love Speedway.I don't particularly like Rikardson as he is a smug git.

ReputationRep:
    Yesss, Hewitt has just pulled a set back against Federer to make it two sets to one!

Watchin' it now :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Yesss, Hewitt has just pulled a set back against Federer to make it two sets to one!

Watchin' it now :cool:
    same on streamtvnow

ReputationRep:
    same on streamtvnow
    Super innit!
    Thank you Norwegan_Cow off Kipper!

ReputationRep:
    Super innit!
    Thank you Norwegan_Cow off Kipper!
    his picture turns me on

ReputationRep:
    Yes Federer 4-2 In The 4th Set, C'mon Roger!!! C'mon Roger !!!

ReputationRep:
    Hewitt's had it now! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    can't wait for andre agassi vs federer tomorrow, will be a class match !!! though i shouldn't say it now he's serving for the match 5-3 up.

ReputationRep:
    fck fck fck 0-30 down federer

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.