Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    But to be honest, he never did impress me. He may well have won 6 or whatever Championships...he wasn't exactly the main man though was he?
    A team effort way over the individual presence and performance of the 'great man' - over-egged my verdict. :eek:
    Erm yeah he was the main man! Pippen and Rodman were very good as well, but he was definatly the star, in my opinion at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Erm yeah he was the main man! Pippen and Rodman were very good as well, but he was definatly the star, in my opinion at least.
    I know little about Basketball, but yeah, like you say, i know enough to acknowledge he was the star. I was just teasing before!

ReputationRep:
    You called it soccer! Why oh why?! Have you no shame?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabiscuit)
    You called it soccer! Why oh why?! Have you no shame?
    Probably to attract American fans to the forum too.

People should be less apprehensive towards the word 'soccer'. It's actually an English nickname (coming from the word 'association' - as in association football) which became commonplace in America because they liked rugby better - and so just called rugby, football. They then changed some rules to 'create' their own sport

Typing that may have been a waste of time, but i'll leave it there anyway

ReputationRep:
    Yep, they took our word and added a horrible accent to it and tried to rebadge our sport as that. Shameful!

ReputationRep:
    The prominent line in the London 2012 Bid song is

What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Discuss how it may be perceived by the bid team, by athletes, by ordinary people and others.

ReputationRep:
    In some sports, it's actually debateble as to who was the greatest of all time.

Not with Basketball

ReputationRep:
    Are you asking us to answer some essay question for you??

ReputationRep:
    Rokocoko left out by All Blacks:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...al/4084646.stm

Joe Rokocoko has been left out of the New Zealand squad to face the British and Irish Lions in the Test series.

New Zealand squad:
    Backs:
    Daniel Carter, Rico Gear, Doug Howlett, Byron Kelleher, Leon MacDonald, Justin Marshall, Aaron Mauger, Mils Muliaina, Ma'a Nonu, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Conrad Smith, Tana Umaga (captain).

Forwards:
    Jerry Collins, Carl Hayman, Chris Jack, Campbell Johnstone, Sione Lauaki, Richie McCaw, Keven Mealamu, Anton Oliver, James Ryan, Rodney So'oialo, Greg Somerville, Mose Tuiali'i, Ali Williams, Tony Woodcock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabiscuit)
    Yep, they took our word and added a horrible accent to it and tried to rebadge our sport as that. Shameful!
    not to mention their version of our word is an over hyped version of an already existant sport

ReputationRep:
    Injured Taylor out of Lions Tour:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...al/4079396.stm

Looks like Corry is No 8 then. How lucky has he been this year?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hossy)
    Are you asking us to answer some essay question for you??
    Sounds like one of those GCSE English questions. They're trying to subliminably influence kids to back the bid...

ReputationRep:
    I dont think you can be more lucky than that!
    will be good to see how neil back performs on wednesday...does anyone know what the wellington team is? because without their AB players it should be easy for the lions...

ReputationRep:
    Even though Wilt Chamberlain had done crazier stuff, like averaging 50 points per game in an ENTIRE season, or scoring 100 points in a game. All Wilt did was win two championships compared to Jordan's.

ReputationRep:
    Two sports as big as this definitely needs forums of its own for discussion and the sort. Threads are meant to be for single topics really so its impractical to keep up with a discussion because of the different subjects people have to start within them and losing the point you want to make amongst the load of posts that come flying in.

Sort it aaaart. :pcguru:

ReputationRep:
    The threads are jus for discussion of topics for which people don't feel a seperate thread is necessary... You certainly can start seperate threads if ya want! But there's no point having seperate sub forums for different sports, Sports is specific enough.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno how "Sports" specific enough? I'm talking about only 2 more subforums for the two biggest sports in the world (IMO), F1 and Football. Something like cricket wouldn't get talked about much or lawn tennis for that example but football is so big, there's international football, transfers, european football not to mention the domestic leagues and its specific teams. One day could have so much news from all over the world of football, making an important single point would get lost because people are still debating something from yesterday.

It'll actually work out better for the Forum because it'll free up this forum for the 'minor' sports to get better coverage. Who's with me?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm it seems fine at the moment. Alot of the things we talk about in the footy thread wouldn't fit in any new threads.

ReputationRep:
    Might I ask why this thread is sticky anyway? :-\

ReputationRep:
    Both teams are Lions....

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.