Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
w00t Federer vs Agassi what a match that should be!
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
w00t Federer vs Agassi what a match that should be!
Too easy for Fed that was.
C'moN Andre, what a match to win!
legbreakgoogly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Has mad skills. Slapped that Baz Carey character around the ring. Tougher times ahead, but one to watch...
erk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
tend to disagree. warren will put him against dog meat until he's got his buck, ill be waiting until he fights a fighter.

now joe calzaghe, fighting with a ****ed hand - a fighter.
legbreakgoogly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Calzaghe is decent, but until he wins a more reputable belt (IBF or WBC) he will never be a "great".

Amir's test will come when he fights the Latinos in his division, as he fills out he'll move into the zones of Morales, Barerra, Picaqu, ect ect, given that they are only a weight either side.

Oscar Larius
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
The only way Collinwood can justify his selection now would be to post a big score in the 2nd innings, like a 100.
I disagree, you can't bring someone into a side out of the blue and expect them to achieve what lot of the top batsmen haven't managed to do all series. Collinwood was the "safe" choice. He is a better batsman than Anderson and if we need to bat-out a day to draw (and win!) I would rather have him in the side than Jimmy. Also the rain breaks mean that the three fast bowlers can remain fairly fresh so Collinwood needn't be bowled (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). Anderson could have come in and taken wickets or, what is more likely on this pitch, not have taken (m)any. I am sure we will need to bat through a tough period to save this game and when that time comes I think you'll be pleased to have another batsman. If Harmy, Flintoff and Hoggard can't get much out of the pitch I don't see why Anderson should. Tomorrow I see Giles getting some wickets as well as Hoggard if there's some swing.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Great victory by Kim Clijsters over Mary Pierce btw! :cool:
Only just realised how sexy she is! :eek:
Lush Law
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm supposed to be going riding with my friend before university starts.

I was meant to do it ages ago but it got called off. *Totally* nervous.

Horses scare me, although they are beautiful animals.
Naino
Report 13 years ago
Newton is on a dangerous road - there's a difference between playin wi passion and being reckless. The other night Newton was dangerous on both occasions he should have been sent off. Hopefully the RFL will make the right choice when they review the match.
Lillith Grimore
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SlyPie)
lol English, Western...all the same. They're just saddles. There's really no difference except for the way you sit...

Sport should be something where you exert a lot of energy and move--instead of relying on something to run or move for you...
How completely untrue, have you ever considered that a large part of english riding involves jumping? Western saddles don't allow you to jump, so their compeitions are things like reining and roping - skills and arts in and of themselves, but completely different to english style horse sports. The nearest comparrison is probably reining and dressage, but you'd look awfully stupid turning up for a reining contest in top hat and tails and your horse not being able to do a sliding stop! Jumping forms a significant part of a lot of horse sport in the UK - Showjumping, Eventing, Working Hunter etc. I want to leanr t ride Western one day becuase it's different!

I think some of you lovely poeple should try popping along to a Three Day Event like I did yesterday and watching riders and horses battle through the rain in a PARTERNERSHIP, with the rider doing as much work as the horse to bring them back safely. Horse riding, if you do it properly, is so much more than actually riding the horse - just ask me or Noel about getting up at 4.30 to give your horse a bath for a show! It's hard work, it's a skill and a sport and it happens to be one of the few sports which GB consistently win medals in: we could well end up with two golds at the Europeans today. All the 'proper' sports like football may be very manly and involve lots of running around and being generally very manly, but we suck at them. It's not a lazy sport, it's not a sort of sport, it's hardwork, good fun and seemingly outside the comprehension of most people around here.

(Original post by redroadkill)
Horses scare me, although they are beautiful animals
Don't be scared Matt!! It's good fun and they'll put you on a nice gentle horse to let you get the feel of it and you'll be fine. We need more horse riding males around, there are hardly any at my yard :eek:

(Original post by Noel)
Desmond has had a virus!
OMG!! That's not good at all. You'll be OK though, Desmond sounds like he rocks so I'm sure he'll take it all in his stride. I don't know how soon the riding club starts up after term begins but maybe you could get a ride in there before you go?

MAtt has his first ever show outside the yard on Saturday, at an interclub challenge in Stoke. We're doing novice and open workers and novice SJ. He won the open at our trophy show (by being the only horse to finish the course) but wouldn't stand still for the judge at all :confused: We're working on that...
Tonight Matthew
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The only way Collinwood can justify his selection now would be to post a big score in the 2nd innings, like a 100.
I disagree as well, for the reasons above, as well as the fact that Collingwood actually got a ridiculously bad decision in the first innings.

His selection is justified by the fact that we're going to be batting to save the match.. and there can be no doubt that Paul Collingwood will be harder to get out that James Anderson. How many runs he scores is likely to be of no importance. I'd rather that he bats for 3 hours for 20 runs than batting for 1 hour and scoring 60.
erk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wooooooo. Hayden and Katich out, not even 10mins between 'em.
MrColin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think you should be looking at the quality of the tennis rather than the players....
Recusant
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
At my old club some of the old guys would use Canadians and they'd just wear skateboard kneepads to protect their knees. I think you'd find the canoeing paddling motion is far easier on your side muscles while kneeling too (You can lean further forward and make longer strokes). I'm no expert on the matter though, i've just mucked about in them from time to time.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Recusant)
At my old club some of the old guys would use Canadians and they'd just wear skateboard kneepads to protect their knees. I think you'd find the canoeing paddling motion is far easier on your side muscles while kneeling too (You can lean further forward and make longer strokes). I'm no expert on the matter though, i've just mucked about in them from time to time.
Maybe, but it's as boring as **** in comparison to kayaking.

---

There's different types of kayaking, btw. Creeking, river running, touring, play, white water, surf - off the top of my head.
Naino
Report 13 years ago
The attitude of suziestone***** sums up the reason for the formotion of the Northern Union in the first place - wealthy "gentlemen" wanting to keep ordinary, working men in "their place".
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by yo-less)
my Dad has met Imran Kahn
I have too
The Black Rider
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If cricket were played in the Middle East they'd chop off a wicket keeper's hands for dropping catches like that.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
clarke gone.. nice bowling
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
and theres warne... 5 wickets for flintoff WOOO
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (162)
39.13%
No - but I will (22)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (30)
7.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (200)
48.31%

Watched Threads