Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, my brother has met Dickie Bird.....:p:
    Also, my dad has bowled at Mike Gatting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Well, my brother has met Dickie Bird.....:p:
    My mates did too, at the England vs Bangladesh at Headingley earlier this year. He was stood about 5m away from me, but I was too starstruck to go up to him. They did though, and he said he thought the game was boring so he was going round signing autographs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
    My mates did too, at the England vs Bangladesh at Headingley earlier this year. He was stood about 5m away from me, but I was too starstruck to go up to him. They did though, and he said he thought the game was boring so he was going round signing autographs
    My brother met him at the Trent Bridge test vs India in 2002 (the one where I saw Vaughany bowl Tendulkar ) and he was going round signing autographs then too! I also was too starstruck to go up to him! Although he wasn't very far away and he asked my brother "do you play, lad?" and my brother said "yep " and DB said "very good, very good, are you a batsman?" and my bro said "yep " and DB said "keep it up lad, maybe we'll be seeing you here in a few years!".
    Legend.

Brilliant, didn't expect them to get less runs then we did!

Lets have today ended with no extra play and try to bat out tomorrow (not likely, but at least enough to stop them winning.)

Why are people calling this unfair? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I was amazed that we managed to bat them out for less than ourselves and although i would rather see them play, i respect their decision and see that the best choice if they plan on drawing/winning.

ReputationRep:
    huh? I was just answering El Chueco.
    I'm a kayaker too and I much prefer it. Although it'd be hard to call the whitewater canoeists boring!

ReputationRep:
    Theres nothing unfair about this!

The umpires are giving us the light at the same level the gave it to the aussies before so all fair.

Also we've been on the receiving end of the bad luck from the english weather on hundreds of occasions. Sh*t happens Australia!

ReputationRep:
    Just a shame that it's a bit of an anti-climax to the series

ReputationRep:
    dito

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
    Just a shame that it's a bit of an anti-climax to the series
    Yup, i would have liked to see England win with SKILL rather than luck.

I do hope Australia get us all out in the morning session, that'd be cool, doubt it's gonna happen though.

You people are weird, we've displayed more the enough skills to deserve a win.

You really think the Aussies deserve the series?

ReputationRep:
    Im sure ull do great Lilly, get clear. then worry about the show! Desmond always anticipaties his gallop, its murder! Maybe before you go out to the judge give him a polo out your pocket and it might keep him busy for a little longer. Also if its a bigger show they may strip him in the show so him wont have to stand in tack for his conformation to be judged, meaning he'll only have to stand for a little while, whilst they get your backnumber or tell you your show.

Riding at the Cambridge stables is a great idea, Id forgotten about that! Are you going to join the riding society?

Good luck at your show Lilly and anyone else who is off for a ride, enjoy it!

P.S. Just watched the European Eventing, we won gold and silver then team gold!!!! WOW! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    You people are weird, we've displayed more the enough skills to deserve a win.

You really think the Aussies deserve the series?
    England have most definitely played well, but Australia have shown how good they still are. Even though it is likely that England will regain the Ashes, it would have been nice for the test to go to the final session on the 5th day. If that meant the series result was 2-2, so be it.

(Original post by zaf1986)
    England have most definitely played well, but Australia have shown how good they still are. Even though it is likely that England will regain the Ashes, it would have been nice for the test to go to the final session on the 5th day. If that meant the series result was 2-2, so be it.
    Terrible point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobby C)
    I didn't see the Calazage fight, was it any good?
    He went about 9 rounds without using his left hand that much, must have done something to it. Good fight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Terrible point.
    :p:

Don't worry, England *have* won the Ashes.

*fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    The Calzaghe fight was crap, let's be honest. He injured his hand in the 3rd round, went to the end (12) using his jab, borrrring. But as a boxer, i'd find it cool for the confidence, knocking an opponent around with a jab and the odd hook to the body. His hand? well he's always had problems, but i think i read it was broken.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to see more cricket played... but if its between that and England regaining the Ashes I know which I'd choose We're already 2-1 up.. winning the Ashes by a draw (if that happens) wouldn't be so shameful

(Original post by Becca)
    My first cricket memory is the series vs S. Africa in 1998 (I think) and the Atherton-Donald face off.
    My God!!!!

That's exactly mine! :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    The Calzaghe fight was crap, let's be honest. He injured his hand in the 3rd round, went to the end (12) using his jab, borrrring. But as a boxer, i'd find it cool for the confidence, knocking an opponent around with a jab and the odd hook to the body. His hand? well he's always had problems, but i think i read it was broken.
    I thought it was broken too but didn't want to say as I was tired and might have heard wrong last night.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.