Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noel)
    Im sure ull do great Lilly, get clear. then worry about the show! Desmond always anticipaties his gallop, its murder! Maybe before you go out to the judge give him a polo out your pocket and it might keep him busy for a little longer. Also if its a bigger show they may strip him in the show so him wont have to stand in tack for his conformation to be judged, meaning he'll only have to stand for a little while, whilst they get your backnumber or tell you your show.

Riding at the Cambridge stables is a great idea, Id forgotten about that! Are you going to join the riding society?

Good luck at your show Lilly and anyone else who is off for a ride, enjoy it!

P.S. Just watched the European Eventing, we won gold and silver then team gold!!!! WOW! :eek:
    I'm planning on joining the society and riding a few times a term just to keep in practice!! And it'd be cool to ride at Cuppers. Thanks for the tips, I'll try and put them into practice, it'll all depend on what mood he's in. My plan at the moment is to jump early and then go and work his ass off in the collecting ring so that he's more settled. :rolleyes:

I know, the Europeans were amazing! Hurrah for Team GB and well doen Zara Phillips

On the less yay-ness side of things, I need a new saddle!! Matt saw the back-lady yesterday and almost sat down when she ran her hand down his spine. She says his saddle doesn't fit properly so I have to buy a new one and advised Jo to put him on Bute for next week. We don't thikn he needs Bute right now, he generally lets us know when he's hurting and he hasn't been, so I think he'll be OK. Luckily his show saddle is wider and I have allsorts of pads and prolites and stuff so we'll be able to get that nice and comfy for him. Money, money, money...

ReputationRep:
    We have to remember that England have effectively won 3 out of 4 tests so far, the Ozzies were incredibly lucky to draw the 3rd test after we lost play on the Saturday, 1 wicket left remember?

It is not possible to argue that the Ozzies have been better for as much of the series as England have been, so a draw is not a fair result in the series, even more so because it would mean the lesser side retained the Ashes.

I couldnt care less how we win as long as we do, we have done all the hard work.

ReputationRep:
    Hi saw a NHL thread and as I don't live in America or Canada thought I might make a thread that's a bit closer to home. (Sorry if there's already one but I don't fancy looking through loads of pages.)

ReputationRep:
    I was so glad for the bad light stopping play. Never have people been so happy to see play stopped. We bowled brilliantly, but that meant that England had to bat for longer. Luckily that was cancelled out by early end to play. I hope that Vaughan and Tresco keep the partnership going for quite a while. Plus a nice partnership between Flintpff and Pieterson will do the trick. The match is still in the balance though, so more nail-biting stuff tomorrow I reckon. Hopefully we can bat for at least 60 overs.

ReputationRep:
    It would be fitting for the series if England were to be bowled out tommorow tea-time and Australia set about 180 to win in the evening session.

But unless Warne pulls one huge rabbit out of a hat, I can't see it happening.

ReputationRep:
    last I heard he was still recovering, but I think he wants to keep it low key. AFAIK, he was only, hopefully, taking this season off to recover and then will come bak and start rallying again for Subaru, who he was due to be driving for. I'm sure the SWRT or WRC sites will have something...

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ly/4020573.stm

I'll be surprised to see him rallying again , although it would be good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    It would be fitting for the series if England were to be bowled out tommorow tea-time and Australia set about 180 to win in the evening session.
    Not sure my nerves will take that. But I agree, in theory it'd be nice to win this outright. The weather tomorrow looks like it's gonna stay good so no bad light for us to take. And the worst part? I've got my driving test in the morning. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    And the worst part? I've got my driving test in the morning.
    Good luck! And good luck England...

But unless Warne pulls one huge rabbit out of a hat, I can't see it happening.
    I wouldn't put it past Warne, who has been absolutely amazing this series with bat and ball.

A 6pm finish would be brilliant, with everyone on the edge of their seats...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    Good luck! And good luck England...
    Cheers - I think I am gonna fail. If I had to choose between passing my test and England winning the Ashes I'd go with the cricket! COME ON ENGLAND! :ridinghor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Cheers - I think I am gonna fail. If I had to choose between passing my test and England winning the Ashes I'd go with the cricket! COME ON ENGLAND! :ridinghor
    LOOOL

Driving tests are expensive, and its always nice to pass first time (I assume its ur first)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    LOOOL

Driving tests are expensive, and its always nice to pass first time (I assume its ur first)...
    Second.

ReputationRep:
    He had appeared to have made a good recovery but unfortunately he has deteriorated and is barely recognisable as his former self. It looks as though he could be dead in a few months.

ReputationRep:
    Yep thats what its like with brain cancer, trust me i know what their like.

He's lucky he's had that much time.

ReputationRep:
    All the best drivers past second time

ReputationRep:
    his left hand was broken prior to the fight i believe

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone see Bremner, Bird and Fortune tonight? Some hi-larious Boycott and Benaud impressions. Especially: *thick Yorkshire accent* "So he tells me no one can blink when England are battin', but when the Australians are in you jus' can't look...and I says Jesus! Open your eyes Kevin! You're fielding at mid wicket!" Good stuff. England will take it (I mean the Ashes, not the game...obviously) from here, mark my words.

ReputationRep:
    Am already looking forward to tomorrow, the Ashes is ours. Will be on the session by 11am

ReputationRep:
    C'mon Andre! :cool:
    One set all. 4-3 Agassi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurich)
    He had appeared to have made a good recovery but unfortunately he has deteriorated and is barely recognisable as his former self. It looks as though he could be dead in a few months.

It's so hard to tell when people are being sarcastic when they are typing.... I hope you are being, for his sake. That would be awful.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.