Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    that catch was close, very close.

ReputationRep:
    Pietersen dropped by Hayden. Now would be a good time to make that first test century.

ReputationRep:
    i'm getting some ppl togeather and practicing my rain dance! :dancing: :dancing2:

ReputationRep:
    It's not over til the fat man spins.

ReputationRep:
    This is gona get far to confusing! lol Either way canoeing in a Canadian canoe = boredom, Can't stand them! Tho I do remember seeing an article with an old man doing a small waterfall in a canadian! nutter!! lol i think he swam!

ReputationRep:
    Bell's been pretty useless batting all series. He's been good catching in the slips though. Perhaps we could make some clone thing, Pieterson's batting and Bell's catching...

ReputationRep:
    nah, just rotate his as 12th man as we have been doing with others..the auzzies love that tactic

ReputationRep:
    160 is realistic now, god help us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BexTait)
    Bell's been pretty useless batting all series.
    exactly! what's the point of Ian Bell? he is a waste of valuable space. you can't justify his selection purely on his catching.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, but he's quicker fielding than Thorpe. I can't see any way of predicting whether one player would be better than another over the Ashes - with Thorpe we might have got more runs, but missed more catches. I agree though, for someone pretty high up the batting order he's consistently underachieving.

ReputationRep:
    who do we have as a viable replacement for bell? any suggestions?

woooohoo! - passed 100

ReputationRep:
    whats the point in Ian Bell when we could play James Anderson who is damn sexy :P...j/k
    I think if we're still in by 3 this arvie we'll win...but thats just my opinion and I know very little about cricket
    ****, there goes another bloody wicket

ReputationRep:
    trescothick out lbw. mad bowling by warne.

ReputationRep:
    Butcher for Bell when the former is fit

ReputationRep:
    Warne bowling to Pietersen = NOT good.

In fact, Pietersen = NOT good. Grr. He really should do something spectacular to justify his inclusion in this team. I've seen nothing special so far.

ReputationRep:
    KP reminds me of an early Freddie, a few big shots but not good selection at times and needs to develop his patience at the crease. Given a bit of time I think he will mature into a good player

ReputationRep:
    flintoff caught, went for the drive again foolishly.

ReputationRep:
    biggest innings ever for PC now

ReputationRep:
    *headdesk*
    Bye-bye, Ashes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by opiache)
    Nah, but he's quicker fielding than Thorpe. I can't see any way of predicting whether one player would be better than another over the Ashes - with Thorpe we might have got more runs, but missed more catches. I agree though, for someone pretty high up the batting order he's consistently underachieving.
    Thorpe regularly fielded at short leg and pulled off some stunning catches. If we're picking the team on the basis of catching abilities what the hell is G. Jones doing in it?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.