Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Come On England!!!!! Yay!!
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago
Has this inspired anyone else to start playing/ getting back to playing/ playing more seriously?

I haven't played in years, and it may be too late to get onto any teams again, but I'm off to give it a go this weekend on a proper pitch with some friends. Bet my bowling resembles that last over from Tait though.

And my batting always has resembled Bells in that last match. :rolleyes:
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oooh comparing yourself to test players are we?
tis_me_lord
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
oooh comparing yourself to test players are we?
I consider myself a bit of a McGrath. :cool:

Nah, I played when I was like 11, maybe just about into early teens.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
I consider myself a bit of a McGrath. :cool:

Nah, I played when I was like 11, maybe just about into early teens.
Same here, couldn't bat for s*** though.
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I haven't played in over a year, but looking forward to taking it up at uni.
tis_me_lord
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
I can usually stay in. But this is against people who couldn't do bouncers, I doubt I could handle those very well.

I'm boring to bat to actually, if it's way down leg side I'd probably just tap it back, so I wont bat much this weekend.

Joking of course.... really I'm better then Tendulkar! :rolleyes:
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
I can usually stay in. But this is against people who couldn't do bouncers, I doubt I could handle those very well.

I'm boring to bat to actually, if it's way down leg side I'd probably just tap it back, so I wont bat much this weekend.

Joking of course.... really I'm better then Tendulkar! :rolleyes:
pfftt you're useless!
Loztherockstar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Having never watched cricket before the Ashes i am now an avid fan! I cant say ive ever played before but i am very interested in trying to play now!
Im so proud of Pieterson too, did he have to choose between South Africa and England?
If so i bet South Africa are kicking themselves for letting him go!
tis_me_lord
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
pfftt you're useless!
Heard that before.
erk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i've played, won't play anymore though, atlhough ill always have a go with the ball machine and against the inernational pro's we get - the west indian went home today, we had an australian last year.
psychic_satori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I follow the Swedish, Finnish, Slovak and Russian Elite Leagues...
EPD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Likewise - in Year 7 went I went to the first trials for the school cricket team, we all had a bit of a bat. I did a bit poo, as I expected, didn't really impress the teacher. But then we had a bowl, and he said to me "I wasn't going to pick you, but you've impressed me with your bowling so you're straight in" Made my day, that did.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Flintoff's call to arms on Saturday night...

"We have two more days to give every ounce of energy, and everything we've got needs to be out in the middle. The character and strength this side has shown is going to be called on again. We've got to keep going to the very end. Anything less and the Australians will find us out."
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Does anyone ever check if the ashes are still in that urn?
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Loztherockstar)
Having never watched cricket before the Ashes i am now an avid fan! I cant say ive ever played before but i am very interested in trying to play now!
Im so proud of Pieterson too, did he have to choose between South Africa and England?
If so i bet South Africa are kicking themselves for letting him go!
South Africa will be kicking themselves but he didn't really have a cut 50/50 choice.

He's been brilliant since he's played in the county scene and it's good to see the world has taken notice of his talent.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Freddie & Warner for man of the match./ For Shaney to get those returns against a team batting that well is phenomenal. Andy Flintstone for obvious reasons...
IzzTheGreat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Brilliant. Worth every chewed fingernail and sleepless night, worth nearly crashing the car when we got wickets and the despair when we lost them.

I think in the end it came down to captaincy - Vaughan's decisions were pretty much always good, and I reckon Ponting's choice to field first at Edgebaston was what lost it for them. Plus, we didn't just have to rely on one player to compete :P Felt sorry for Warne, overbowled and exhausted by the end.
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
and I reckon Ponting's choice to field first at Edgebaston was what lost it for them.
Indeed. Or as Boycott says "Ponting is such a lovely man, he loves England so much, that he bowled first at Edgbaston" :p:
IzzTheGreat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zaf1986)
Indeed. Or as Boycott says "Ponting is such a lovely man, he loves England so much, that he bowled first at Edgbaston" :p:
Heh, I didn't hear that, but what an excellent quote. Gotta love the commentators too, I knew nothing bout cricket before this series. Reckon I picked a good time to get interested
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (469)
38.13%
No - but I will (95)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (579)
47.07%

Watched Threads