Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Eng wont beat pakistan though, well at least not in ODIs

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, shed a little tear at the end when they took the bails off the stumps.

(Original post by alkaeda)
    It's away, so no we wont. India/ Pakistan are very hard to beat when they're home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    I'm predicting 3-2 to Pakistan for the ODIs, because lets face it Pakistan are probably one of the best ODI teams and 1-1 for the Tests assuming Shoaib Akhtar is fit and firing.

ReputationRep:
    Someone underrated in the series was Billy Bowden. He's such a legend. The way he does his eccentric little four and six signals. And also he's bloody amazing, he rarely makes a bad decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Someone underrated in the series was Billy Bowden. He's such a legend. The way he does his eccentric little four and six signals. And also he's bloody amazing, he rarely makes a bad decision.
    I think all the umpires, especially Billy and Aleem Dar, were absolutely excellent. To think how much pressure they are under, they have done immensely well.

(Original post by zaf1986)
    I'm predicting 3-2 to Pakistan for the ODIs, because lets face it Pakistan are probably one of the best ODI teams and 1-1 for the Tests assuming Shoaib Akhtar is fit and firing.
    He isn't that amazing actually, faster then Bret Lee perhaps, but not amazingly accurate... it'll fly to the boundary off him remember.

In tests we might just win, but with their wickets it's hard to get a result, it's too easy to bat!

Edit - agreed on umpires, it's easy to say "after 20 replays I think that was just about nicked off the bat before hitting pad" but they've made excellent decisions when I was yelling at them that it was out, but a replay proved them right.

ReputationRep:
    The umpiring today was top notch but throughout the series there have been some very suspect decisions but that's usually a given and in general it's been pretty good.

I don't know much about Pakistan but India are no where near the force we were 2 years ago (when we were easily the 2nd best side in the world and really gave the Aussies 3 great test series' on the spin). Winning in the sub-continent is always difficult but I wouldn't be surprised if England came away with a win in India. Certainly if India are put under the intensity and pressure the Aussies were, they will crumble quite easily.

ReputationRep:
    :thrasher: :dancing: :rock: :dancing2: :ridinghor :beer: :marchmell :marchmell :marchmell :party: :party: :congrats: :congrats: :champ:

ReputationRep:
    :thrasher: :dancing: :rock: :dancing2: :ridinghor :beer: :marchmell :marchmell :marchmell :party: :party: :congrats: :congrats: :champ:

Sorry had to copy your post

I think after the Aussies couldn't get Giles out the match was ours. But credit must go to Warne- he bowled superbly! I think the absence of Glen McGrath seemed to have a negative effect on the aussies and they would have been better with kasporwich.

BUT ENGLAND ROCKED:rock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    I think after the Aussies couldn't get Giles out the match was ours. But credit must go to Warne- he bowled superbly! I think the absence of Glen McGrath seemed to have a negative effect on the aussies and they would have been better with kasporwich.

BUT ENGLAND ROCKED:rock:
    You know, it seemed that perhaps the Aussies might have missed McGrath more than we missed Jones. I mean, it must have been tough without a great player like Jones, and when we fist started bowling against the Aussies and couldn't get them out, I thought that maybe we missed Jones quite a bit, but our bowlers showed that they could overcome the injury to our key bowler and did brilliantly.

(Original post by kpg)
    I don't know much about Pakistan but India are no where near the force we were 2 years ago (when we were easily the 2nd best side in the world and really gave the Aussies 3 great test series' on the spin). Winning in the sub-continent is always difficult but I wouldn't be surprised if England came away with a win in India. Certainly if India are put under the intensity and pressure the Aussies were, they will crumble quite easily.
    Ganguly is off form, Tendulkar is having elbow problems, their bowling has always been ok at best... so yeah. They should be ok.

But draws are still likely, some 400+ scores in test matches...

(Original post by Xenon)
    You know, it seemed that perhaps the Aussies might have missed McGrath more than we missed Jones. I mean, it must have been tough without a great player like Jones, and when we fist started bowling against the Aussies and couldn't get them out, I thought that maybe we missed Jones quite a bit, but our bowlers showed that they could overcome the injury to our key bowler and did brilliantly.
    Any of our bowlers can step up and win a match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I think Flintoff was England's inspiration. I was worried when the Aussies made about 180 odd, because normally we've always restricted them, but Hoggie and Freddie did the job. I think Pietresen had to make the runs today because the amount of catches he's dropped.... I think him and G.Jones were having a competition.

ReputationRep:
    random comment, but hawkeye gave nearly every lbw called for as an lbw...

ReputationRep:
    THE ASHES ARE COMING HOME THEYRE COMING HOME THEYRE COMING HOME!!!!!!!!!

THERES ONLY ONE FREDDIE FLINTOFF!!!!

KP SAUCE : MAKES AN AUSSIE SANDWICH!!!!

OOHH HOGGY HOGGY!!!

Byebye Richie, Warner, McGrath and to terrestial cricket we'll miss you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    random comment, but hawkeye gave nearly every lbw called for as an lbw...
    The Aussies were really unlucky at Trent Bridge, they had so many dodgy lbws. But I thought the decisions in the rest of the Tests were excellent/

ReputationRep:
    He isn't that amazing actually, faster then Bret Lee perhaps, but not amazingly accurate... it'll fly to the boundary off him remember.

In tests we might just win, but with their wickets it's hard to get a result, it's too easy to bat!
    He is still good on his day, remember he has an excellent record against the Aussies (when their batting was good LOL) and has a better test average than Lee...

Tests England should win, but England's ODI team is distinctly ordinary so, I see Pakistan winning there.

(Original post by zaf1986)
    He is still good on his day, remember he has an excellent record against the Aussies (when their batting was good LOL) and has a better test average than Lee...

Tests England should win, but England's ODI team is distinctly ordinary so, I see Pakistan winning there.
    I reckon our ODI team will be better now, Pietersen and Flintoff useful in batting there, openers can get quick runs too...

Plus tight bowling outside off stump for 50 overs.

Hard to beat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I reckon our ODI team will be better now, Pietersen and Flintoff useful in batting there, openers can get quick runs too...

Plus tight bowling outside off stump for 50 overs.

Hard to beat!
    It will definitely be a good series, regardless of the result.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.