Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by zaf1986)
    It will definitely be a good series, regardless of the result.
    So who do Pakistan have in the way of batting? I'm out of date with a couple of teams, and they're one of them...

This is really sparking my interest from late 90's/early 2000's, only seen it on and off since then.

ReputationRep:
    I've following the last Test at work using the Sky Sports cricket score centre, which had live ball by ball commentary, plenty of it hilarious. Lots of banter with people using it too... it's easy to send feedback into the commentator!

Best comment of the day was when someone mentioned that the streaker today has officially spent more time in the middle this Test match than Ian Bell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by opiache)
    The Aussies were really unlucky at Trent Bridge, they had so many dodgy lbws. But I thought the decisions in the rest of the Tests were excellent/
    i have no problems with the decisions made by les umpires on the whole, but hawkeye gave every possible lbw as out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    So who do Pakistan have in the way of batting? I'm out of date with a couple of teams, and they're one of them...

This is really sparking my interest from late 90's/early 2000's, only seen it on and off since then.
    Pakistan's batting mainstay is the big man Inzamam, who is always dangerous - 10000 ODI runs, can turn it on any time, has taken on the best - get him early and Pakistan will get a low total. Yousuf Youhana is also another dangerous ODI player, excellent between the wickets as is Younis Khan.

Pakistan's main ODI strength is their allrounders - 3 of them - Shoaib Malik, who bats at 3 and is an offie, Shahid Afridi - the highest strike rate in the ODI game - and bowls leggies, Abdul Razzaq who also explodes from time to time.

Rana Naved in the bowlers, is great with swinging the new ball and of course theres Shoaib Akhtar...

(Original post by zaf1986)
    Pakistan's batting mainstay is the big man Inzamam, who is always dangerous - 10000 ODI runs, can turn it on any time, has taken on the best - get him early and Pakistan will get a low total. Yousuf Youhana is also another dangerous ODI player, excellent between the wickets as is Younis Khan.

Pakistan's main ODI strength is their allrounders - 3 of them - Shoaib Malik, who bats at 3 and is an offie, Shahid Afridi - the highest strike rate in the ODI game - and bowls leggies, Abdul Razzaq who also explodes from time to time.

Rana Naved in the bowlers, is great with swinging the new ball and of course theres Shoaib Akhtar...
    Heard of most of those actually, but not all. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    In true Mark Nicholas style, what was everyone's moment of the Ashes '05?

I personally really enjoyed watching Freddie Flintoff's partnership with tailender Simon Jones, 2nd innings at Edgbaston. England had a typical top order batting collapse, and S. Jones came in at 131-9. Just loved the crowd roar everytime Jones blocked Warne sucessfully, and then the ecstacy when Freddie stroked a few sixes into the stands, despite carrying an arm injury. Quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    :thrasher: :dancing: :rock: :dancing2: :ridinghor :beer: :marchmell :marchmell :marchmell :party: :party: :congrats: :congrats: :champ:

Sorry had to copy your post

I think after the Aussies couldn't get Giles out the match was ours. But credit must go to Warne- he bowled superbly! I think the absence of Glen McGrath seemed to have a negative effect on the aussies and they would have been better with kasporwich.

BUT ENGLAND ROCKED:rock:
    I thought to myself at 3pm that if KP got 150 then we would win.

ReputationRep:
    Freddy hitting that Six that landed on the pavilion roof at Edgbaston.

I have to say, outside of the cricket itself, the sportsmanship and camaraderie between the two sides has been immense. My moments: Flintoff putting his arm around Brett Lee after Edgbaston - that and Lee going at us like a man possessed earlier when all was lost. It shows exactly how much it means to them (Lee in particular) and the extremes they can go to just to retain dignity, but there has always been great respect and understanding between players. I think the crowd has realised this, and even been caught up with emotion towards the Aussies - hence the ovations for the Aussie team and the greatness of Warne and McGrath. These are cricketers who play the game hard, but also play it in the right spirit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    Freddy hitting that Six that landed on the pavilion roof at Edgbaston.
    Anything involving Freddie :love:

ReputationRep:
    ooh ahhh glenn mcgrath, ooh ahhhh glenn mcgrath!!!

ReputationRep:
    What a series

Hopefully with the increased popularity of cricket, we might well get more people signing up at freshers to join the womens cricket club, which is all good.

ReputationRep:
    Anymore of these clips, pretty bloody funny to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Fred is the best allrounder since the Imperious Imran Khan. That's some achievement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legbreakgoogly)
    Fred is the best allrounder since the Imperious Imran Khan. That's some achievement.
    He's got a long way to go before he can get anywhere near Imran Khan, so lets not jinx it

Having said that, hes the best allrounder in Test cricket, because he is the only player worthy of being called a Test class allrounder.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think what the people have said here is sensible, yep go with a 2nd hand, or better yet, can you buy off a friend? My BF was selling his the other week, but ended up giving his bike to a lucky friend for a very discounted price. Anyway bikes rock

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    Incredibly curious as to find out who supports who in the AFL on this forum. K I'm not really, lol, but I haven't seen any threads on it, so thought I'd start one up!

Noticed a few West Coast and Dockers supporters

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    BTW I meant the title to read AFL (as in, all in capitals) but for some reason it didn't work :confused: :rolleyes: Nevermind :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Ditto^ He'd better win if he does come back.
    Go to:

Lance.co.nr

and sign the petition!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr_browne)
    Well then can I ente runder Biathlon, long term suporter of the sport but see no way how i could possibly make myself fit enough to undertake it.
    Oh i like the biathlon too, used to watch it all the time but didnt get much chance to this year , but since england are, well... rubbish my family have adopted Norway as our country

As for trying it? I could never do it, i'm awful at cross country skiing, much more of a downhill person! but i'd love to be able to

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.