Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Pietersen had a great quote in one of the papers yesterday. I don't have it on me, but the interviewer said something along the lines of 'oh, you must owe Shane Warne one [for dropping him on 15] to which KP said 'Nah, I don't think so, I dropped 6 catches this series and nobody bought me a beer!'
    Haha, I can just imagine him saying that....

God, Flintoff was wasted. :p:

ReputationRep:
    He wasnt the only one. LOL

ReputationRep:
    my first memory is of mushtaq ahmed bowling against i-don't-know-cos-i-was-too-young, but i got into cricket more after 1999. went to watch pakistan v sri lanka test match, didn't get to meet anyone though BUT the closest player i got to was waqar younis who was fielding near my seat. hi, i'm a deprived geek.

anyway...
    *laser envious glares at zaf1986 for meeting imran khan*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I was probably better at kayaking than any of you on here, but I haven't done it for a long time.
    What did you used to do, racing? i just prefer mucking about in my playboat, scpecially impressing the new people whit my hand rolls. I mainly do flat water so its hard to do any of the really impressive stuff like cartwheels. Man i hope whereever i go for uni has a Kayak club

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do any interesting Martial arts, i am 1st kyu in Karate, 3rd Kyu in judo and 2nd Kyu in Aikido, this evening i am starting Tae kwon Do, should be fun? anyone able to tell me what its like?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 1st dan in Hanmudo, which is similar to TKD. I think (not sure) TKD is very much focussed on kicking, with fairly narrow stances

ReputationRep:
    When Lashings toured to the cricket club nearest to me I got within an inch of Wasim Akram (whose run up was from behind the boundary) and got a signature off Brian Lara, all of those great players in my (well practically mine) back yard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    God, Flintoff was wasted. :p:

I'm not surprised, I mean, he had been in the hotel bar for 17 hours...

ReputationRep:
    I've practised taekwondo and it's great. Better than karate in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Went to ICC champions trophy match last year pakistan vs. kenya. It was called off for rain so as the players came out to board their coach we all sourrounded em and took their pictures and autographs and they got kinda angry

Did aikido for a bit then had to stop going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil-Tuna)
    What did you used to do, racing? i just prefer mucking about in my playboat, scpecially impressing the new people whit my hand rolls. I mainly do flat water so its hard to do any of the really impressive stuff like cartwheels. Man i hope whereever i go for uni has a Kayak club
    if you wanna do the "really impressive" stuff, then just off the coast of anglesey in late august is normally pretty cool for it. cartwheeling, surfing backwards, somersaulting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurich)
    I wish I was, unfortunately it's true.
    i'll second that. i think they're trying to keep it fairly quiet though, letting him live his life out in peace and allowing his fans to remember the racer he was. which lets face it, he was.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone actually bought anything cricket-orientated since the Ashes? They say this may bring up to 100 extra million in revenue.

I've bought Cricket 2005 (during the 3rd test at old trafford), Cricket Captain 2005 yesturday, and some plastic cricket balls a week ago. Thinking about getting the England test top, anyone else?

There's shit loads of signed merchandise going on ebay at the moment as well, cashing in on the success of obviously.

I'll get the DVD of the entire series when it comes out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I'll get the DVD of the entire series when it comes out.
    BLESS YOU. Lol.

All this cricket fever is reminding me of when we won the rugby world cup last year...suddenly all these little kids are claiming to have been playing it forever :p: I admit I only started watching it halfway through the Ashes this year but it still makes me laugh.

(Original post by pikaboo)
    BLESS YOU. Lol.

All this cricket fever is reminding me of when we won the rugby world cup last year...suddenly all these little kids are claiming to have been playing it forever :p: I admit I only started watching it halfway through the Ashes this year but it still makes me laugh.
    o_____O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    Has anyone actually bought anything cricket-orientated since the Ashes? They say this may bring up to 100 extra million in revenue.
    I got the Edgebaston DVD for someone's birthday and may get the whole series DVD later.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get some of the hysteria to be honest. Yes Australia are/were an awesome team and got outplayed this summer but England came 1st in a two horse race that takes place every 2 years (often less). Vaughan, Flintoff, Pietersen et al. have great careers ahead of them and I'm sure will win the ashes again, probably on more than one occasion. People are going on as if it's a once in a lifetime opportunity like a world cup and I've even heard it being suggested it was england's greatest sporting triumph?!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.