Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddie K)
    Jacques Kallis is an average bowling all-rounder. He is medium pace, so not immediately dangerous, and not a match-winner with either bat or ball. Andrew Flintoff has shown throughout this years Ashes series to be a match-winner, which sets him apart from any current 'all-rounder'. A better example of an all-rounder from South Africa's test side is Shaun Pollock who far superceeds Jacques Kallis' talent with the ball and can prove more of a frustration with the bat when he is called upon; more likely to change the outcome of an innings and therefore a match.
    If we're talking about his whole career (he's becoming more and more of just a batsman), Kallis averages almost 57 (FIFTY SEVEN) in tests with the bat and just over 31 with the ball. Also taken something like 90 catches, most at slip I think. Strange definition of average. Don't think the two can be compared yet imo. Kallis has played almost double the number of tests as Flintoff, who has only been coming into his peak in the las 18 months.

btw, if I remember correctly Kallis had a worse start to his test career than Ian Bell

ReputationRep:
    btw, if I remember correctly Kallis had a worse start to his test career than Ian Bell
    Who actually averaged 162 after 2 tests :p:

Yep, Kallis averaged 8 (yep EIGHT) after his first series.

Kallis averaged 80 with the bat in 2004, so I'd think hes a proper batsman more than anything else, and is in the top 10 batting rankings I believe....

ReputationRep:
    Theres nothing can be done. The contracts were signed ages ago.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have picked up a free digibox and dish from a freind, for free.
    And am quite a fan of nhl (having seen it on c5) is nasn a good channel to get to see alot of hockey? and other stuff

Your opnions on the channel please.

ReputationRep:
    He is also 1st in the all rounder's rankings I believe with Flintoff second

ReputationRep:
    How I envy you...
    Just seen the website for it... I think I gotta mop up my desk area...
    Drool I meant...
    ... What were you think?!?!....

ReputationRep:
    Well its worth trying you never know how many circket fans there are in the commons. I know of plenty in the lords, John Major was completely agaisnt the sky deal apparently.

ReputationRep:
    I would love NASN - NFL, MLB, NHL, NCAA football .....

But its pretty expensive, as far as I know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddie K)
    Jacques Kallis is an average bowling all-rounder. He is medium pace, so not immediately dangerous, and not a match-winner with either bat or ball. Andrew Flintoff has shown throughout this years Ashes series to be a match-winner, which sets him apart from any current 'all-rounder'. A better example of an all-rounder from South Africa's test side is Shaun Pollock who far superceeds Jacques Kallis' talent with the ball and can prove more of a frustration with the bat when he is called upon; more likely to change the outcome of an innings and therefore a match.
    What are you talking about?? He's quicker than medium pace, is a match winner and the stupidest thing I've heard in months: Pollock better than Kallis with the bat?? Don't follow cricket much do you!!

A quick check on the ICC website sees Jauques Kallis topping, yes that's right numero uno, the Test Batting Rankings. And coming in at the same position in the All-Rounder category!! Admittadly they may not be totally live, therefore Flintoffs brilliant series as the deciding factor in the Ashes may not yet be included, But he is still world class weather he's ranked at 1st or 2nd.

ReputationRep:
    Yes its 10pound a month, but would anyone recommend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    Thanks Cindy you're a champ
    Not a problem hun.

ReputationRep:
    Only £10? I though it was much dearer. You need a Sky subscription too, though, dom't you?

ReputationRep:
    I think some of it depends on the teams involved. With both union and league I have seen pacey games and slow games. If I wanted something with pace in union I'd watch New Zealand for example.

ReputationRep:
    Nope.
    You can get a speical nasn card they send you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kacas)
    Nope.
    You can get a speical nasn card they send you.
    I'm suddenly rethinking my student budget

ReputationRep:
    It looks like a cool channel.
    I am seriously considering it.

ReputationRep:
    thats brll!!! Mind you, You'd get no work done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legbreakgoogly)
    Calzaghe is decent, but until he wins a more reputable belt (IBF or WBC) he will never be a "great".

Amir's test will come when he fights the Latinos in his division, as he fills out he'll move into the zones of Morales, Barerra, Picaqu, ect ect, given that they are only a weight either side.

Oscar Larius
    No he won't. Those fighters all fight at a weight lower than him. barrera will be too old, morales just moved up to lightweight and lost to an unknown fighter because hes not big enough at that weight, and the same goes for pacquiao he isnt big enough. khan will fill out and move to light-welterweight or welterweight where u can expect some good fights against the like of miguel cotto, floyf mayweather or even ricky hatton

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I would, have it on in the background, and watch it properly as treat when I done my work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colly)
    Have you heard of a player called Setanta O'hAilpin (he's Irish) I think he plays for Carlton. He was quite a celebrity over here, and a great hurler, until he decided to go and make his fortune down under.
    Well I don't barrack for Carlton, but about 80% of my relatives do on my mother's side (she's Italian Australian [yeah I know I don't look a thing like her, I look more like my dad he's Anglo-Indian. ANYWAY] and it's like this tradition for all the guys from her family to go for Carlton :rolleyes: ). I'll ask my mum the next time I'm home for you Chances are they've already got his autograph, as the team regularly hang out at the bar my uncle owns.

DB_x

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.