Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To be honest we might just have won the ashes but there is lots of room for improvement, we might well have gone on to lose the last test, and we should of won that test that we ended up drawing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I say read.

Jones gets 80 runs say, woo, then drops somebody on 10 and they go on to make 100.

That puts him on -10.

Read gets 30, but makes the catch, putting him on +30...
    Read didn't often get 30 though, he averaged 15. And he never played against Australia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    To be honest we might just have won the ashes but there is lots of room for improvement, we might well have gone on to lose the last test, and we should of won that test that we ended up drawing.
    There is room for improvement, yes. But a large part of the victory was based on the spirit within the team.. so making dubious decisions by axing people is probably only going to be to the detriment of said spirit.

And Chris Read has a greasy face.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps (at twenty-four!) I'm yearning for some sort of bygone age, but when you've seen Jack Russell, Ian Healy and Rashid Latif at work, watching Jones' constant fumbling and godawful technique (as I said, it ain't just the dropped catches) is painfully embarassing. In a way I'm glad we don't have a world-class spinner, as watching him stood up to the stumps for an English equivalent of Warne, Kumble or Muralitharan might bring on an aneurysm.

I suppose it's the lack of respect for the position that bothers me. Like it or not Geraint Jones is a WINO (Wicketkeeper in Name Only). The selectors have made it clear that his batting is what gets him into the team, as a result he's the only member of the squad with a licence to screw up, regularly, in what is supposed to be his primary role while retaining his place.

ReputationRep:
    Well, no one is going to claim that Geraint Jones is some sort of Alan Knott in disguise.. but I'm in the same camp as the selectors: keep picking him whilst he chips in with the bat.

The good thing about having Fletcher picking the team (I know there are other people contributing, but from what I've gathered, he is the last word) is that he does really know what he's doing. As a result, I'm prepared to have a certain amount of faith in whatever decisions he makes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    You're not from norwich are you?
    I am indeed

ReputationRep:
    On stage 15 of the Wales Rally GB, Markko Martin (Peugeot) collided heavily with a tree on his co-drivers side. Unfortunately this caused fatal injuries to the co-driver, Michael Park, who was confirmed dead at 1045 BST. It just goes to show Motorsport is dangerous, even with todays vast improvements in safety. RIP.

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts are with his family and friends.

ReputationRep:
    We came 3rd in the Novice Worker Matt was super-fab, he jumped everything and then stood still for possibly the longest continuous spell of his life and then behaved impeccably for the ridden judge. She seemed to really like him, which was good. And he has a shiny yellow rosette and a nice new headcollar. He got 8 faults in the novice SJ becuase he was scared by the stream next to the ring, but it's not bad for his first time out. We're jumping an 85cm on Tuesday and Jo's said once I've affiliated him she'll happilly jump him a few times a term if there's room on the lorry (becuase he's such a good boy to travel) and I pay her entry fees (which is fair enough). Love my horse

ReputationRep:
    Umm Allan Knott bye

ReputationRep:
    It really is saddening. By the sounds of it he had a great career;

Married with children, he first began rallying on the world championship circuit in 1994 as Mark Higgins' co-driver.

Park, from Newent in Gloucestershire, teamed up with Martin in 2000 when the Estonian was rallying a privately-entered Toyota.
    They stayed together at Subaru and Ford before moving to Peugeot this year. The pair had won five world rallies together.

The cancellation of the remaining stages and withdrawal of Peugeot's Marcus Gronholm after Park's death would have meant Citroen's Loeb retaining his world title.
    But the Frenchman declined to win the title in that manner and deliberately incurred a two minute penalty before heading back to Cardiff for the offical finish.
    That left him in third place with Subaru's Solberg declared the winner and Citroen's Francois Duval runner-up.

ReputationRep:
    I live in Cardiff and have been to the stage in the Millennium Stadium last night and at Stage ss15 today in which Michael was killed.

We saw 9 cars come through the stage but then Markko Martin and Michael PArk didn't come through. We thought that something bad had happened when there were lots of helicopters and then a course car came around saying that the stage had been cancelled.

We drove on to the Resolfen stage 16 where police officers were at the gates to the car parks telling people that the entire rally had been cancelled due to a competitor's death. When we asked them, they said it was Michael Park.

We then went to the Millennium Stadium for the finishing ceremony which was just horrible. My thoughts go out to his family and also to Markko Martin who must feel totally responsible at this time.

ReputationRep:
    Boucher?!

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts are with Michael's family. Although I have never met him, I have met other rally people who are really friendly, sound and down to earth guys and I'm sure Michael was no exception. RIP.

ReputationRep:
    Hello... Knott was miles better than Boucher... Bye

ReputationRep:
    Hello I'm new

I ride, currently have 2 horses. One rideableand one youngster who I'm bringing on as we speak and then she'll go back to her owner next year sometime.

Unfortunately though, I don't think I'll be riding for the next month or so - went to go for a ride yesterday and my mare reared up, I didn't have any reins so I (accidently!) pulled her over with me and she landed on me and I've now damaged all the ligaments in my knee, am very very black and blue all over! :eek:

Well - that's scatty show ponies for you! What did everyone do with their ponies when they went away to uni? P is going to stud in March and hopefully if all bodes well staying there for the duration of 'my stay'.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone is on the Horse&Hound forums?

I'm Blackhawk of course

ReputationRep:
    Ow my arms hurt, never try to do ten mile in a playboat, it just cant be done without dying.

(Original post by Evil-Tuna)
    Ow my arms hurt, never try to do ten mile in a playboat, it just cant be done without dying.
    Try 20 miles every other weekend, in a play boat. :frown:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_Muck)

Well - that's scatty show ponies for you! What did everyone do with their ponies when they went away to uni? P is going to stud in March and hopefully if all bodes well staying there for the duration of 'my stay'.
    What's your show ponies name? Do you do BSPS with it? Who is she being covered by?

I am selling my worker after HOYS, because it would be unfair to keep him. A lady came looking at him on Saturday and it hit me hes going! She wants to go affliated eventing with him.

I'm going to buy another though, either an internediate or horse, and my dad will ride it during term time and I shall compete during holidays on it.

Well done Lilly on your results, sounds like you had a great day. I'm taking Desmond out indoors this week and next before I go to Cambridge to get him used to the atmosphere for HOYS, then he's going to my instructors for just over 2 weeks. Talk about leaving things till the last minute!

Noel x

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.