Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ebay isnt bad at all. the strings on the new rackets are fine... i wouldnt worry about pressure etc unless you turn pro or something. i prefer dunlop rackets, but my friend likes prince and wilson... up to you. best to go to sport shop and try the weight of the racket. i think guys usually have a lighter racket... it depends on what type of player you are, touch/front players often have a lighter touch (deft you know!)... so it depends on the style of game and how heavy you want your racket. if buying new thats the most important thing...

ReputationRep:
    if you are in London
    go to Lillywhites in Regents Street.

They have a permenant closing down sale. ITS GORGEOUS!!!
    Need to get me a new badminton thing there as well....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
    I didn't realise Shaun Udal was still going until I found out about this They'll be calling John Emburey up next.
    Phil Tufnell - the last decent spinner in England.

ReputationRep:
    We produce decent spinners? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
    We produce decent spinners? :eek:
    Tufnell was a rare commodity - he troubled the Aussies :eek:
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    What would you expect the price to be on these horses?

16hh TB gelding imported from USA. 13 yrs old. Novice BE, hunted many seasons. Snaffle mouth. 100% box/shoe/clip/etc

15.3hh 12 year old TB gelding. Ex racehorse, Native Dancer lines. Imported from Ireland. Snaffle mouth, currently roughed off for 6 months. 100% box/clip/shoe can be bolshy in stable.

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 horses, one of which i've brought up since from day 1 (awww) and at the weekend we competed in our 1st SJ class n came second so yay =) - very happy.
    Goin to have to put him out on loan when i go to uni tho =(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noel)
    Do you actually know anything? The quote above is completly inaccurate; seeing as though you have only ever attempted Western riding how can you comment on English riding? Your just pre-judging on a topic you really don;t know alot about.

If your not going to put some decent ideas into the conversation, leave!!
    Wow, the unwarranted arrogance permeates throughout the forum from your words. I especially like the "do you actually know ANYTHING" bit as if I am encapsulated within a veil of complete ignorance in all subject matters. What are you going to major in exactly at university? Horseback riding?

Oh, just read your sig: "land" economy eh....okily dokily neighborino. Maybe it will help you realize what sarcasm--please refer to my post which you retorted with utter criticism-- is and what a real sport is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s-a-r-a-h)
    I have 2 horses, one of which i've brought up since from day 1 (awww) and at the weekend we competed in our 1st SJ class n came second so yay =) - very happy.
    Goin to have to put him out on loan when i go to uni tho =(
    Thats not too bad though, at least if he's only on loan you can get him back when you graduate.

Where abouts to you ride/compete?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a third degree black belt in Taekwondo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyPie)
    Wow, the unwarranted arrogance permeates throughout the forum from your words. I especially like the "do you actually know ANYTHING" bit as if I am encapsulated within a veil of complete ignorance in all subject matters. What are you going to major in exactly at university? Horseback riding?
    I retaliated like that because in the past other people have just came into this forum to say how derogatory riding is to their sport. Judging off your previous quotes I, obviously wrongly, believed you to be another of these people. I apologise if you are not, and if you are infact a fellow horse rider.

P.S- Land Economy is not the study of land!! Don't judge a book by its cover. It is the study of mainly Law and Economics with parts of geography.

http://www.landecon.cam.ac.uk/under_grad_study.htm

It is only available at Cambridge thats why not alot of people have heard of it or know what it is.

ReputationRep:
    16.5 seconds I think, but I weigh over 19 stone. So I don't think that's too bad.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    16.5 seconds I think, but I weigh over 19 stone. So I don't think that's too bad.
    seriously dude, lose some weight. unless you are 9 feet tall.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think about the drop from 3 Litre V10 to 2.8 Litre V8? Is this going to drastically change the noise of the cars? Seen as they will be revving to 20,000 revs as a pose to 19,000? Will the speed of the cars be reduced?

I havent seen much on the internet about this so wondered what you F1 fans thought about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    well, it is quite bad, as 16.5 seconds is pretty much jogging pace

ReputationRep:
    Who will win?

ReputationRep:
    Already an F1 forum at top with a sticky. Thread closed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noel)
    Wow they are amazing results! I've seen quite a few Warleigh ponies in past years and they are all amazing; especially Warleigh Small Talk! I'm sure the foal will be to die for, with the combination of mare and stallion. How old is you mare now? Did you home produce her when she was competing or have her produced?

My horse is called "Black Shamrock" hes a 15hder and surprisingly black! He hasn't done workers for that long, as I used to showjump him. He went to RIHS last year ad is going to HOYS this year- my first time :eek: . I'm building his fitness up atm, went on a two hour hack this morning, and am taking him indoors this weekend, I think I've left my preparation too late! How did you find HOYS your first time? I need to buy ear plugs and calmer!

Noel x
    She's rising 14, so it's quite important that she gets off to stud ASAP as she's quite late for her first foal, but I've nothing else to do with her and I don't really want to loan her out. She was produced when she had the HOYS results but then she went home prod. For the last couple of years and is now gradually doing less and less...Now is more of a field ornament (she definitely will be now she reared and then landed on me - no riding for 2 months!) before roughing her off over the winter before she trots off to stud. I'm so excited about seeing the foals, it's all so v exciting!

Congrats. On qualifying HOYS, such an achievement especially if you're home produced. Treasure it as it'll be the best moment of your life so far..! If you need a reccommendation on calmer, I really suggest trying Supreme Products DeFuse - it's amazing. I had a truely psychotic 14.2 show pony and it was the only thing I could use that enabled me to get near him, let alone on! So give it a try!!

*closes eyes*
    *puts finger on list*
    *opens eyes*

That one.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.