Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I voted for "Veselin Topalov", because his name sounded Russian and don't Russians always win at chess? And his name sounded cooler than the other Russian sounding names.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadako No Deshi)
    I voted for "Veselin Topalov", because his name sounded Russian and don't Russians always win at chess? And his name sounded cooler than the other Russian sounding names.
    Topalov is Bulgarian. If you wanted to vote for a russian you should have voted for Svidler or Morozevich. Anand is favourite and he is Indian. Quite frankly I am dissapointed and surprised that this thread hasnt got more attention. I suppose I would expect most people to prefer extremely low brow games which dont require intelligence (e.g. poker), but I would think that at least some people would be above that.

ReputationRep:
    Ambrose and Walsh or the W.Indian attack of the 70s and 80s, Marshall, Garner, Roberts, Holding etc.

ReputationRep:
    aah but did u watch the federer v agassi final?! Now that was amazing!!!

The womens pretty much sucked this year. Lindsay Davenport (should have been in the final) but played like a div against Elena Dementieva in the quarters, and Maria Sharapova left a lot to be desired. Venus and Serena were average... need i say more?

ReputationRep:
    Who do u reckon its gonna be?

Freddy Flintoff or Paula Radcliffe... or someone else?

I hope Paula, i think freddy...

ReputationRep:
    Freddy

ReputationRep:
    Has to be Flintoff as he's become an iconic figure and also performed as well as anyone has ever against the aussies.

ReputationRep:
    Flintoff will be my pick for the 2nd year running. Probably get it too and the cricket team will certainly beat Chelsea and Liverpool to 'Team of the Year'

ReputationRep:
    hope they don't give it to that whingebag paula, it'll be freddie for personality of the year and i think its 50-50 between liverpool and the ashes team for team of the year, they won't give it to chelsea because of their rather advantageous headstart financially on the other teams.

ollie

ReputationRep:
    Freddie, and I'd go for the cricket team to be team of the year over Liverfool.

ReputationRep:
    freddy will win the individual reward
    most likely England for the ashes although i wouldnt mind chelsea for the team award

ReputationRep:
    Gary Pratt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    Gary Pratt.
    Good choice :p:

freddy it will have to be, though pietersen could be a long shot...

ReputationRep:
    Pascal Cygan

ReputationRep:
    Manny P

ReputationRep:
    Emile Heskey.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell has he done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legbreakgoogly)
    What the hell has he done?
    Well he's a personality......

ReputationRep:
    Manny P is a legend!

ReputationRep:
    gotta be freddy

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.