Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    LOL you're too kind. The west coast colours aren't quite garish enough, though :p:

(Original post by danni_bella83)
    Do it for us bitter Melbournians who didn't see any VIC teams get into the grand final Man there's heaps of Swans fans, was just walking around uni this morning and the number of people wearing swans scarfs, red + white clothing, omg :eek:

Well anyway I'm going to be different lol and barrack for the opposing team, ooh I feel so rebellious :p: That or I really need to get a life

Anyway go West Coast!!! :cool:

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    england will get rolled over in the ODIs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubysolstice)
    LOL you're too kind. The west coast colours aren't quite garish enough, though :p:
    Haha, well you know what they say about your enemy's enemy I think the West Coast colours are far more imaginative and interesting than the Sydney Swans code, and I dig their mascot :p: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Do it for us bitter Melbournians who didn't see any VIC teams get into the grand final Man there's heaps of Swans fans, was just walking around uni this morning and the number of people wearing swans scarfs, red + white clothing, omg :eek:

Well anyway I'm going to be different lol and barrack for the opposing team, ooh I feel so rebellious :p: That or I really need to get a life

Anyway go West Coast!!! :cool:

DB_x
    unless your from south melbourne of course :rolleyes:

I think the West Coast colours are far more imaginative and interesting than the Sydney Swans code
    true... any true sydney or nsw team would be blue anyway :p:

nevertheless i'm born into my aligence haha and i'll be going for the swans .. but still its a meaningless code of football if you ask me :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Try parachuting, either static line or freefall. Ive done 7 static line jumps now, the first is ok, the second you think "why the hell am i doing this, ive done a jump already", the third is the decider. If the first three jumps are ok you'll find the nerves go and you'll just keep on jumping.

Go somewhere like Holland or Russia as its cheaper and alot more fun.

ReputationRep:
    Bear baiting - but beforehand cover yourself in strips of smoked salmon.

ReputationRep:
    pfft...fremantle 4TW!

ReputationRep:
    i'm slow, and dont have a clue about boxing but
    1. has amir khan gone proffessional
    2. doesn't that mean he can't be in the olympics
    3 and didn't he say he'd wait to go professional until after beijing 2008?

ach maybe they all just say that

(Original post by dreamy_girl)
    i'm slow, and dont have a clue about boxing but
    1. has amir khan gone proffessional
    2. doesn't that mean he can't be in the olympics
    3 and didn't he say he'd wait to go professional until after beijing 2008?

ach maybe they all just say that
    1) yeah, he has gone professional
    2) Olympic boxing is only allowed for amateurs, so he cant participate
    3) he is a big fat liar

why does his family bring pakistan flags to his matches when he is representing England???
    What an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my mate Oli. Cos we're legends....

Ok, maybe not.

Flintoff and Jones.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Anyone on the TSR in to athletics? If so, what's your event, P.B.s etc...and any titles you have..

Event: 800, 1500, 3000
    P.B.: 800m: 1.59.45; 1500m:4.06; 3000m:9.12
    Titles: Enfield Cross Country Champion, Middlesex County team member, 3rd place in 1500m National Final 2005; 4th in 3000m European Club Championships.

ReputationRep:
    ok , theyve bowled well for a few sries, im also an english fan , but to compare them to waqar and wasim + walsh and amrose is ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    Yep i actually agree with your about Waqar and Wasim, altho i cant think of many other great partnerships..maybe after todays events we could have Pathan and Khan?
    That made my day!

:toofunny:

If Pathan and Khan are a "great" bowling partnership, then Mohammad Khalil and Abdul Razzaq (who, if I remember correctly, opened the bowling for Pakistan against India earlier this year) are legends! :p:

Oh btw, Congrats to India for winning a series outside the subcontinent for the first time since 1986 - against the mighty Zimbabwe :angel:

ReputationRep:
    socrats - do u think wasim and waqar are the best , or wud u go with others.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asjad_03)
    socrats - do u think wasim and waqar are the best , or wud u go with others.....
    As I said earlier, too hard to compare cricketers from different eras.

On pure statistics, Wasim and Waqar any day.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm not as good as you, and I haven't done it properly for years, but I used to be very good at discus. I've been District Champion twice, came 2nd once and 3rd twice at the Herts County Championships, and won lots of school and club matches. Not sure of my PB, but I got the school record for year 9 girls discus (which still holds) with 25m 63cm, if that gives you an idea of my level of ability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    archery. its hardcore.
    Yeah, it's cool! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    400 : 49.5
    800 : 1:52

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    extreme ironing

:p: Either that or chicken! Can't beat a game of chicken with a big stick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by che_guevara)
    Hey! Anyone on the TSR in to athletics? If so, what's your event, P.B.s etc...and any titles you have..

Event: 800, 1500, 3000
    P.B.: 800m: 1.59.45; 1500m:4.06; 3000m:9.12
    Titles: Enfield Cross Country Champion, Middlesex County team member, 3rd place in 1500m National Final 2005; 4th in 3000m European Club Championships.
    I'm not as good as you either, but here goes anyway.This is from school btw.

Event - Javelin

PB - 31.63 (which I got when I was 15 - I stopped training properly after that to concentrate on exams, so I only averaged about 29-30 after that)

Titles - Hertfordshire County Champion 1999 and 2003, Hertfordshire team member at South of England Championships 2001 - 2003, District Champion 1997,2000 and 2003, school Athlete of the Year 2000, and numerous school records, some of which still hold I believe.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.