Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebo)
    400 : 49.5
    800 : 1:52
    WOW you'e GOOD...who do you run for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryStudent)
    I'm not as good as you either, but here goes anyway.This is from school btw.

Event - Javelin

PB - 31.63 (which I got when I was 15 - I stopped training properly after that to concentrate on exams, so I only averaged about 29-30 after that)

Titles - Hertfordshire County Champion 1999 and 2003, Hertfordshire team member at South of England Championships 2001 - 2003, District Champion 1997,2000 and 2003, school Athlete of the Year 2000, and numerous school records, some of which still hold I believe.
    Seriously good too......Dont' you find that athletcs is probably the best relase from school work?! And most athletes are high achievers at school?

ReputationRep:
    So what are your views on him?
    Will he comeback for the 2006 Tour de France or Giro & Vuelta?
    I hope so!

anyway - please go to:

www.lance.co.nr

and post your comments for lance.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    no, he won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    no, he won't.
    ok i agree that it's unlikely - but there is a chance...

he did state a week ago that he was training with Discovery and will decide at christmas whether to race or not :eek:

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...ng/4219934.stm

Exercising everyday is very different to training with the Discovery team, I don't think he'll do it, hes angry, but thats about it, not enough to make him return to cycling.

ReputationRep:
    Nah he said he'd be "crazy" to return. He's retired.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...ng/4251216.stm

Theres the "Crazy" comment.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest if he did come back I don't think he'd win it again, hes going on 34 now, far too old to be the best cyclist in the world, there are other riders being groomed to take his place as we speak.

ReputationRep:
    Rugby League is the greatest sport on earth IMO

Im a life-long Hull FC fan and our cup win in Cardiff was one of the best days of my life, for the atmosphere and the passion.

I dont 'mind' union, but find it much more dull and slow to watch...I think a good point to note is how union seems to be signing more and more League coaches and players, as they are fitter and faster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by che_guevara)
    Seriously good too......Dont' you find that athletcs is probably the best relase from school work?! And most athletes are high achievers at school?
    I loved athletics when I was at school (and I still would at university if the facilities ever finish being built),apart from events like the 800m and 1500m which I didn't like. In the summer term, whenever there was going to be a practice or match after school, I used to spend so much time every lesson just looking out of the window, hoping it wouldn't rain!
    I'm not sure about athletes necessarily being high achievers - in my year group for example, there were some who were, but others who weren't really at all.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.wccsanluis.net/home.asp?lang=en

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    far too old to be the best cyclist in the world,
    With most people I would agree, but Lance's life has been about defying logic.

Personally, I hope he doesn't come back - it's better to leave things finished (after all the ceremony of his last Tour etc), and I don't see the motivation of the Giro or Vuelta.

His replacement is already in place, I believe - within his team. As for traing with Discovery - the man probably doesn't know what to do with himself!

ReputationRep:
    *gloats*

Yes, Sydney won!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milady)
    *gloats*

Yes, Sydney won!
    Good on 'em. I'm glad there wasn't a Vic team playing in the grand finals (as last yr)!
    I don't like AFL, but if an Adeliade team is playing, I support them.

(Original post by Socrates)
    I have too
    :eek: where?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryStudent)
    I loved athletics when I was at school (and I still would at university if the facilities ever finish being built),apart from events like the 800m and 1500m which I didn't like. In the summer term, whenever there was going to be a practice or match after school, I used to spend so much time every lesson just looking out of the window, hoping it wouldn't rain!
    I'm not sure about athletes necessarily being high achievers - in my year group for example, there were some who were, but others who weren't really at all.
    Ah yeah same thing here!...Hmm I only said they might be high achievers since the stimulation you get from running - especially long distances - really improves your mental aptitude. Apparently! I certainly find that after giing for a run I have more ideas and I'm more alert!

ReputationRep:
    I did not see one person in a supporters jersey for the AFL this week in Queensland. I dont think we care much, we didnt even care when it was us winning.

ReputationRep:
    Ju-Jitsu. By far the best for self-defence. No real rules ( ), teaches you to attack 360 (unlike Karate), and remember Judo is nothing more than all the throws from Ju-Jitsu with none of the kicks, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of any variations of Ju-Jitsu apart from Brazilian Ju-Jitsu, but in all honesty, most of normal Ju-Jitsu is self defence stuff, countering grabs, pushes, and stuff.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.