Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rainy
Badges: 2
Report 13 years ago
I'd go for Federer in the mens', but there are some quality contenders. Women's harder to call, but if we get as many Russians to the finals as possible, all will be well! :cool:
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
I'd go for Federer in the mens', but there are some quality contenders. Women's harder to call, but if we get as many Russians to the finals as possible, all will be well! :cool:
I geddit.....
Many of my friends, whom are not tennis fans, they have decided to watch it because of a certain woman - that is Sharapova....she's not bad looking, but when she puts on all that make-up, she looks a proper chav! I prefer Daniela Hantuchova personally...if she beefed up a little that is - cute and classy look.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by wizard)
I geddit.....
Many of my friends, whom are not tennis fans, they have decided to watch it because of a certain woman - that is Sharapova....she's not bad looking, but when she puts on all that make-up, she looks a proper chav! I prefer Daniela Hantuchova personally...if she beefed up a little that is - cute and classy look.
Well you know... great minds think alike.

I don't know why you've been neg repped - I might have to pos rep you tomorrow to fix it!
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well you know... great minds think alike.

I don't know why you've been neg repped - I might have to pos rep you tomorrow to fix it!
No...my dry wit often gets the better of me...so i sometimes joke about [a tad bit too much] in some threads - i got neg repped 70 points because of some banter i made in a 'spots' thread! It frustrated me, i had worked my way up from neg 26 to neg 4....if you read all my threads, i think some are excellent and very useful, particularly on tennis through personal interest and experience - the experienced don't take too kindly to such relative newbies like myself, and im hardly a newbie. :eek:

But i will be on this thread a great deal as i just love the game...jiggamans knowledge is good too, alot of logic there.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
No...my dry wit often gets the better of me...so i sometimes joke about [a tad bit too much] in some threads - i got neg repped 70 points because of some banter i made in a 'spots' thread! It frustrated me, i had worked my way up from neg 26 to neg 4....if you read all my threads, i think some are excellent and very useful, particularly on tennis through personal interest and experience - the experienced don't take too kindly to such relative newbies like myself, and im hardly a newbie. :eek:

But i will be on this thread a great deal as i just love the game...jiggamans knowledge is good too, alot of logic there.
Well mine's only worth 10... but yeh. People will rep decent posts! :p:
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've done plenty of decent posts, trust me, and i'm a liberal minded person, politically, pretty much everything, consider both sides to the argument, so the negative 70 mystifies me. Just an immature fool who dished out minus 66 points to me...so close to breaking even too with neg 4.
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh i get it........
You want me to.....? hmmmmm....it'll cost you....give me £50 to bet on Karlovic @ Wimbledon (maybe onto a winner there....hmm or maybe not), then the reputation will flow your way! :rolleyes:
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
I've done plenty of decent posts, trust me, and i'm a liberal minded person, politically, pretty much everything, consider both sides to the argument, so the negative 70 mystifies me. Just an immature fool who dished out minus 66 points to me...so close to breaking even too with neg 4.
That's kinda what happened to me on the D&D threads. Write something someone doesn't agree with and BAM, down 40 in one go! :cool:
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
That's kinda what happened to me on the D&D threads. Write something someone doesn't agree with and BAM, down 40 in one go! :cool:
D & D? Whats that? How can they do that? Is it because they can dish out more punishment when they have the greater reputation themselves? They've probably in that case, sat far too comfortably on the fence with issues...but with me...if there are thorny issues and nails in the fence, i have no anxieties to take one side more than another.

All band-wagoners this lot....just like the majority of summer tennis 'fans' - they truly annoy me - i can't begin to tell you that...im a pretty high standard player of tennis myself, and when these people join in and come in with their comments, completely lacking in knowledge and awareness - it destroys me....ok i appreciate people have to start off somewhere, acquiring knowledge in economics...have to start with a simple book somewhere...same with tennis, but to pick it up, and drop it, this at the drop of a hat, its very fickle.
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BlackHawk)
That sucks. They should have at least ended on a high note and put the bar up for a bit of fun at the end.
I know, my instructor's always been like that though, it didn't help that many years ago I was taking the mick and whacked the fence up to twice the height when he wasn't looking, and promptly fell off We do quite interesting exercises, but rarely jump higher than 2 foot, so frustrating, every now and then you just want to do basic grid work over a decent height :mad:

Riding in Yorkshire is lovely, lots of moors etc to ride over. My cousin used to keep her horses somewhere near Catterick (they were based there at the time)
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
All band-wagoners this lot....just like the majority of summer tennis 'fans' - they truly annoy me - i can't begin to tell you that...im a pretty high standard player of tennis myself, and when these people join in and come in with their comments, completely lacking in knowledge and awareness - it destroys me....ok i appreciate people have to start off somewhere, acquiring knowledge in economics...have to start with a simple book somewhere...same with tennis, but to pick it up, and drop it, this at the drop of a hat, its very fickle.
Do you mean me? :confused:
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sexysax)
Do you mean me? :confused:
I don't know...do you pick and drip tennis like the drop of a hat!!!
Everyone has the right to like something, ok, but i'm not so keen when people form strong, if not extreme opinions on certain players, performances, when they have no idea at all...i just don't want some idiot telling me why the bloke's forehand isn't that effective or why Henman's backhand smash just isn't firing on all cyclinders - this from a bloke/girl who hasn't picked up a tennis racket in years, or exercised in years for that matter!!....you know what i mean...not you, but i'm sure you appreciate this line of reasoning, even if it doesn't resonate with yourself,
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
please note...the above isn't directed with you in mind....i don't know you and your life well enough to say something like that!
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
D & D? Whats that? How can they do that? Is it because they can dish out more punishment when they have the greater reputation themselves? They've probably in that case, sat far too comfortably on the fence with issues...but with me...if there are thorny issues and nails in the fence, i have no anxieties to take one side more than another.
Debate and Discussion. All thorny issues, basically. I don't really care tbh, it doesn't mean a whole lot to me, but it's nice to know when you're appreciated! Can't say I've ever neg repped someone myself, doubt I ever will do.

Well I can't say I'm as fanatic as I'd like to be. I enjoy playing it, but can't say I play a lot and am pretty out of practise, but watching is all good. I can't say I know many people in the game, but have watched a fair few Wimbledons and other Grand Slams in my time, and I appreciate what I see. There are some players and styles that are enjoyable to watch, and others that I don't like so much. Also watching players like Murray is interesting, in that I find myself wondering if he's going to make it. Obviously he's still young, and there are bits to work on (noticeably his fitness and forehand), but he's an exciting prospect. It's things like his intensity and persona that make me want to see more of him.
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh no, I understand what you are saying!

I don't just like tennis one day and then not the next! I won a scholarship a few years ago...to play in a local club. It's one of my fave sports!
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

I don't just like tennis one day and then not the next! I won a scholarship a few years ago...to play in a local club. It's one of my fave sports!
blimey...a tennis player and a girl who is highly graded in three instruments....anything else?!

I reached grade 2 in piano - it was a merit too! Sounds like sweet music....
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

"dabbles on the flute [at grade 8 standard]......."
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
blimey...a tennis player and a girl who is highly graded in three instruments....anything else?!

I reached grade 2 in piano - it was a merit too! Sounds like sweet music....

Well done on grade 2!!

Anything else erm...I used to play football in a girls team..and won loads of trophies....I'm a green belt in karate......I think that's it!
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well done on grade 2!!

Anything else erm...I used to play football in a girls team..and won loads of trophies....I'm a green belt in karate......I think that's it!
You've depressed me now....i feel talentless and worthless, BUT!!!!!!

I have played tennis at County level for three years! nernenrnernenr
I will regret that little tease!
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I dabble on flute......I've taken grade 1 hehe...but can play grade 6 ish pieces!!

I'll shut up now!!!!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (342)
37.75%
No - but I will (72)
7.95%
No - I don't want to (64)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (428)
47.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise