Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    the tv coverage on sky is amateur, we have to wait like 10 seconds for the times to come through like athletics and there is no live timing. Nelson Piquet jr is class though been watching him in stuff like formula bmw and gp2 for a while.
    They seem to be following the same layout of F1. Looks good to me.

edit: except that women, god how much make up does she need??!!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    edit: except that women, god how much make up does she need??!!! :confused:
    i like her :rolleyes:

has the race started yet?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a fan of Motorsport so this is a welcome surprise

In theory, britain should dominate this competition as much of the formula one cars are based here and a lot of the current technology is also developed here.
    I quickly saw a glimpse of Brazil doing well. I'm not up to scratch; someone want to inform me

ReputationRep:
    Race started and Brazil are leading. Looks very good, nuch more exciting than F1. I think things have got stale there, same folks winning all the time. Team GB are fifth as I type. 10 points for a win and so on. Teams can score points in both races.

ReputationRep:
    i hate the 2 race system would much prefer 1 race to the death. That commentator is crap too !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    i hate the 2 race system would much prefer 1 race to the death. That commentator is crap too !
    He is a bit bland isn't he. No, I like the two race thing. A bit like Super bikes.

ReputationRep:
    Nelson Pique Jnr to take the first ever win in A1 racing. On last lap now!! It looks good. Brazil to take the first win in A1 racing!!!!!

GB in 5th.

i have to say looks very intresting... if i had the money to do it i definately would, i have spoken to Martin Lewis father of the F3 scholarship champion Ryan Lewis and he has said that Ryan wants to take part in this A1 racing, and our town could have another up coming f1 driver..... well the last was mark blundel. its a great concept and i think the idea of the power boost button is great. and this competition is on drivers skill and not car performance. A1 is the future of racing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniel_williams)
    i have to say looks very intresting... if i had the money to do it i definately would, i have spoken to Martin Lewis father of the F3 scholarship champion Ryan Lewis and he has said that Ryan wants to take part in this A1 racing, and our town could have another up coming f1 driver..... well the last was mark blundel. its a great concept and i think the idea of the power boost button is great. and this competition is on drivers skill and not car performance. A1 is the future of racing
    Have to agree whole heartedly. F1 has gotten boring, same team winning, same drivers winning. Now is the time to bring in new blood, new teams and build up motorsport again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooftopcowboy)
    Rugby League is the greatest sport on earth IMO

Im a life-long Hull FC fan and our cup win in Cardiff was one of the best days of my life, for the atmosphere and the passion.

I dont 'mind' union, but find it much more dull and slow to watch...I think a good point to note is how union seems to be signing more and more League coaches and players, as they are fitter and faster.
    I was there too (albeit supporting Leeds Rhinos instead). Despite the result and Leeds playing poorly with some bizarre selections by Smith (Senior was limping in the pre-match warm up and only having three proper props?!? :confused: ), the atmosphere was great before and after the game and did a whole load to finally dispel the ghost of the Leeds-Hull semi-final several years before. Hull played better on the day and deserved the win with the run in to the final they had and looked decent against Warrington last night - the only mistake being the soft defence for Johns's try. I'd expect it to be much tougher at Odsal though with you being the underdogs, but I think this season you've thrived in that situation.

Hopefully, it's getting to the stage now where there are really 6 competitive teams (Wigan's blip this year duly noted), with Leeds, Bradford, St. Helen's, Wigan, Hull and perhaps Warrington who can all challenge for honours which is only good for the game, with teams like London Broncos or Harlequins RLFC now being able to beat anyone on their day.

As for Leeds, they've hit something of a form slump recently and just dipped at the wrong time. We seem to have let so many prop forwards go and now look very light up front, the result being that the quality backs we have are playing behind a beaten pack which is always very difficult. Maybe it's also the case that there are too many cooks spoiling the broth as well at the minute with McGuire, Burrow, Sinfield, Dunneman and Diskin all being "focal players". Hopefully we can get it together for the play-offs, but I think it will be very tough going at KR. I'd fancy our chances far more at home if we lose to Saints, but if we play like we are doing at the moment, we won't make the grand final which would be horrific given the way we started, smashing the most points, tries and goals in a Super League season. Here's to a great play-off series anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I read somewhere that it differs between girls and boys. Very sporty boys aren't usually also academically high achieving, but there's no difference for girls. Though obviously there are exceptions!

ReputationRep:
    Very promising on the basis of this weekend. It showed that this was all new though. The pit stops for example seemed totaly shambolic at times, and the TV coverage wasn't all that great I didn't think. Those kind of things they can improve with experience of course.

I like the idea of the series, and the racing was good. Bit gutted that the British guy broke down right after he got the lead though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeH)
    Very promising on the basis on this weekend. It showed that this was all new though. The pit stops for example seemed totaly shambolic at times, and the TV coverage wasn't all that great I didn't think. Those kind of things they can improve with experience of course.

I like the idea of the series, and the racing was good. Bit gutted that the British guy broke down right after he got the lead though
    Give it time, it is still new and folks are feeling their way. Hopefully ITV will pick it up at sometime and coverage will get better.

ReputationRep:
    i really wanted to watch but i dont have sky in my flat...only freeview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    i really wanted to watch but i dont have sky in my flat...only freeview
    Similar here. I don't have sky sports at home and the pub that does hates motorsports.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it will be repeated on BBC early in the morning. I do feel it needs to be available to the wider audience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrisbeeFan)
    I read somewhere that it differs between girls and boys. Very sporty boys aren't usually also academically high achieving, but there's no difference for girls. Though obviously there are exceptions!
    Hmm interesting...but I've fonud that running has made me well....more intelligent and perceptive! It broadens your mind. Its probably that i didnt have a release before i started running...it helpss o much though! Its the perfect cure for writers block!

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping that it will be repeated somewhere at some point.
    Finding out what channel it would be on was a hassle in the first place. I didn't think it was exactly made very clear on the A1 website. Nor the times of the races.

ReputationRep:
    Piqeuet Jnr is amazing, A1 is alright, no F1, but good to bridge the gap between seasons.

ReputationRep:
    Piquet is class above (like when he pulled out a second a lap after the second safety car :eek: (bearing in mind all the cars are identical)). The rest were fairly shocking on the whole.

The up and coming talent show case doesnt really wash with me, after all we already have GP2, Formula 3, KART etc etc which are all shown in equally badly publicised slots on ITV and Sky.

I'd be very surprised if it lasts, as it didnt offer a lot more than Piquet showing what a great driver he is for me.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.