Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    He'll be on his way to F1 soon, maybe even next year after his recent performances, red bull still have 2 slots, williams 1, I can't see why anyone would want to wait on him, he is clearly class.

ReputationRep:
    i think Piquet Junior will be at Williams with Nico Rosberg by 2008

ReputationRep:
    Great idea etc etc etc. Buts its on Sky, im not paying to watch it when I can drive to a circuit and actually see it. Well, I can't now i've missed today

ReputationRep:
    I've just got back. I thought it went well considering it was its debut. I'm not sure it's going to be the amazing racing everyone is hoping for - the sprint race was pretty dull and apart from the antics of a few also-rans in the feature race, not a lot happen.

It's not bad, but they've got some thinking to do to keep people interested once the novelty wears off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniel_williams)
    i have to say looks very intresting... if i had the money to do it i definately would, i have spoken to Martin Lewis father of the F3 scholarship champion Ryan Lewis and he has said that Ryan wants to take part in this A1 racing.
    You don't have to pay to take part. That's the point. Look no further than Robbie Kerr and Alex Lloyd.

Of course Ryan wants to be in it, but there are better options.

ReputationRep:
    murali , is definately not a bowler who can reverse swing it.

wat abt gough ???
    srinath ?????
    bond ??????

discus, javelin and shot

can't remember any of my pb's for those although i think shot is 12.32 meters? but i can clearly remember in year 8 shotput in sports day coming 5th with 7.20 meters... yeah i kno its rubbish but i was small at the time... and then when the results were put up there was a misprint and i was in first place wtih 72.00 meters... which i thought was ratehr impressive for a 13 year old.

i seem to remember throwing high 30's and low 40's in javelin in year 10 but can't remember pb's or anything

ReputationRep:
    :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Shattered

The Wire are out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milady)
    Yes, Sydney won!
    It was a fluke!!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    I did not see one person in a supporters jersey for the AFL this week in Queensland. I dont think we care much, we didnt even care when it was us winning.
    Well, it's quite different here. Flag on bridge, media having a bit of a w*** over it and I saw someone driving around with a huge 'go swannies' sign plastered on the back of their car.

But then we have, like, never won, so it's understandable.

Now if only the tigers can win...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sub)
    Andrew Johns is amazing. Full stop. If anyone doubts it watch some newcastle games.. he holds the team together!
    I second that. He's great.

ReputationRep:
    for less than £80 you really will need 2nd hand bike. £80 is the cheapest new bike in halfords, where i work, and a lot of the PARTS of my bikes cost more then that! but then i spend too much on my bikes lol.

ReputationRep:
    Right seeing as its the best sport on the planet just an attempt to get people to go to see Nottingham Panthers when people arrive in notts, even if you have never been interesed in the sport just come down you'll love it,i been going since 1997 and im completely hooked, right thats the blatant plug over!

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to go see a match on day...

But I can't stand those long pauses when teh whistle goes Fastforward on the vcr...

ReputationRep:
    It was great entertainment! The Brazilian Grand Prix seemed like a bit of an anticlimiax after watching the A1GP.

Such a pity that Robbie Kerr's car broke down while he was in the lead in Britain! The atmosphere was like the nigel mansell era at silverstone years ago!

Cant wait for the rest of the season. Brazil must be the favourites, they were in a different league at the end of race 2 with Piquet pulling 8 seconds on Aussie Will Power in just 6 laps!!!!

Bring on Laustitz.

ReputationRep:
    Though I didn't watch the whole thing because I don't have Sky, I must say that I'd watch it all the time just for that Nelson Piquet Jnr! :blush: So hot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BexTait)
    Wasn't it Markko that was in the car with Burns when he had his blackout due to the tumor?

A freak accident that thankfully doesn't happen that often in motorsport.
    Yes it was Markko Martin with Richard Burns on his way down to the Wales Rally GB 2 years ago when that happened.

Even though Markko is still young (29) i cant see him coming back to top flight rallying after this tragedy with Michael Park dying. He will sit down, evaluate what he has to gain from carrying on and realise that even if he wins the world title one day it wont mean as much without his mate by his side. On the other hand it may make him more determind to go out there and win it in Michaels memory.

WRC will be a Subaru domination next year with Citroen and Peugeot pulling out at the end of the season. I cant see it going on much longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    As I said earlier, too hard to compare cricketers from different eras.

On pure statistics, Wasim and Waqar any day.
    i think you are missing a key thing here Cortney Walsh and Curtley Ambrose were far COOLER than the Wasim Aqtar and Waqar Younes! With the hidilously long run ups and cheeky little grins! Stats dont say everything dudes!

ReputationRep:
    He is great, but he can't be a whole team! as Saturdays game proved

We (Hull FC) were well disciplined, motivated and tactically aware...that is why we won.

ReputationRep:
    Hull played a good smart game however Wire had their chances, plenty of line breaks but the big guns out wide couldn't hold onto the ball.
    If Hull can keep the Hape-Vainikolo double act quiet next week then I'd back them to win the comp.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.