Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does it have to be partnership? To extend it a little, the greatest fast bowling unit of all time was Holding, Roberts, Garner and Croft (not forgetting Marshall, Ambrose and Walsh coming through). Does anyone disagree? I can't see how. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higgy)
    Right seeing as its the best sport on the planet just an attempt to get people to go to see Nottingham Panthers when people arrive in notts, even if you have never been interesed in the sport just come down you'll love it,i been going since 1997 and im completely hooked, right thats the blatant plug over!
    Well, I'll agree that ice hockey is the absolute greatest sport, though, I'll stick to the NHL

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that does my head in bro.

Calzaghe is good, and has the skills to be the best, but he needs to fight better opponents. He had a contract signed to fight Jeff Lacy to see who was the king of the division, but it has now fell through because of his broken hand. Lacy is accusing him of being scared and using it an excuse, and Calzaghe is saying he wants to fight him more than ever. Hopefully a fight for February.

Amir Khan is a good boxer with a lot of speed, but i think he is more suited to the amateur game. The guy he fought lives in my town. It will be interesting to see him fight strong punchers, and fight opponents with winning records. Personally i don't rate him yet, but he has a long time to prove himself so hopefully he will be.

I just hope Frank Warren puts him against the best fighters and doesn't just use him.

It will be nice to see if he can take a big shot to the chin aswell.

ReputationRep:
    amir khan is a chav. why mock chavs and worship this one because he's olympic silver medallist?

ReputationRep:
    Year 8
    Triple jump: 9.45m
    Long jump: 4.45m
    100m: 13.10 secs

Year 8 was my highest peak in athletics. I dont know what happened to me after year 8, people I use to beat in 100m started beatin me in year 9-11! So I started to do triple jump, I got 10.30m in year 10.

ReputationRep:
    Im Muay thai boxer and i used to practice hapkido which used taekwando kicks i also have freinds who do taekwando and from my expireance i think it is impracticle fighting system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebo)
    400 : 49.5
    Thats fast! One of my best mates does 400m and his could run in around 50-52s. In year 11 he was 2nd best in county, probably the best now. Now he changed to 800m though, dunno why.

ReputationRep:
    *resists the temptation to say, I am a black belt in Origami*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil-Tuna)
    Anyone do any interesting Martial arts, i am 1st kyu in Karate, 3rd Kyu in judo and 2nd Kyu in Aikido, this evening i am starting Tae kwon Do, should be fun? anyone able to tell me what its like?
    i used to do Karate (Shotokan)

i was 2 belts off a black belt then i moved which was really annoying! I tried joining other clubs, but i didn't like it, it was a bit too male dominated.

i think i might take it back up when i go to uni as they have a shotokan society. I really fancy doing kick boxing as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warpspeed)
    Im Muay thai boxer and i used to practice hapkido which used taekwando kicks i also have freinds who do taekwando and from my expireance i think it is impracticle fighting system.
    Any "fighting system" is impractical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    *resists the temptation to say, I am a black belt in Origami*
    i'm probably going to sound really ignorant when i say this but what is Origami i've never heard of it before? What does it involve?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm just gonna say one thing and that is GO TO A GOOD SCHOOL! I assume, anyway, that with your experiene in the martial arts you will have picked a good school. But, I know people who 'think' that they're a 1st dan black belt in Shotokan and I tell you what.... they couldn't kick a chickens arse. There have to be high standards in any class for your belts to really be valid, in my opinion.

As for Taekwondo, I would never go for it because I've got shoddy knees and I simply wouldn't be able to take the strain of the kicks. So, yeah, it helps that all your lower-body joints are in good nick..... obviously.

Sorry, that's probably all info for beginners.

I've never had first hand experience of Taekwondo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    i'm probably going to sound really ignorant when i say this but what is Origami i've never heard of it before? What does it involve?
    :eek: Seriously!! Origami - the art of paper folding.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i agree with bowling unit,

but partnerships are more compable.

wat the heck has coolness got to do with it.

i'll tell u wat was cool waqar younis shattering stumps and breaking toes rather than courtney bowling line and length.

statistics show it , and also for the entertainment value , waqar and wasim are better !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Looking to coach sport on my gap year... anyone done this?

I have found this site
    http://www.findagap.com/placementres...e=12&default=1

has a load of companies that offer this... has anyone done anything similar? Any good

ReputationRep:
    How about Thommo and DK Lillee?

ReputationRep:
    Plus Kallis is a genuine top order batsman- in at three or four.

ReputationRep:
    they wer good, but not great like waqar and wasim

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of sledging, a good one from Jimmy Ormond of Surrey:

Mark Waugh, "You're not good enough to be playing for your country, mate."
    Ormond, "Maybe not, but at least I'm the best player in my family."

ReputationRep:
    One of the horses at the yard was sold this week and Jo delivered him on Saturday. The people that bought him have all their children at private school but don't want to pay livery fees, and said they had a paddock (and a stable, I think) behind their house so they'd keep him there. There is no stable and the paddock is their back garden!! It has a trampoline in it and a swing. What on earth were they thinking??

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.