Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It is possible that I will be playing against Imperial College in October and am new to the game (albeit ignoring a 7 year gap since I last played the game). Except for reading the rules and watching some rugby games can anybody suggest any quick ways to get into the game ready for a match? Obviously I'm not going to be able to walk the game so easily with so little training but enough as to not help the opposition for conceding possession, penalties etc. and survive on the pitch!

I have been told to use the gym (weights) although I'm more likely to use the rowing machine personally. :p:

I am hoping to be playing a position at the back, perhaps fly-half if that is of an assistance.

Any help will be greatfully appreciated.

Kind regards,

NDGAARONDI.
Lillith Grimore
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ditzy)
Wow, thats sounding really good, it must be so nice having someone to keep competing him while you're away at uni so you know he's not just going to be sitting in a field. (my friend at uni only had her mum to exercise her pony while she was awake and had such trouble when she got back because her mum did very little and let the little monster get away with murder!!)
He's kept on working livery anyway, so he'll be exercised plenty - Jo said she'll try to work him every day (apart from his day off on monday) which is partly self interest - he has to be kept working to be ridable! The few times he's had time off becuase of his back or his injuries and stuff, no one but me managed to get on him for a week or so after he came back into work! But yes, it's really nice to have someone to compete him and keep him 'ticking over' as they keep saying. It's worked out quite well becuase Claire has been competing a horse called Boomer for some people at the yard, but they're selling him to help fund their daughter's £20,000 jumping pony (WTF!!!) so I said Claire can do anything she wants with grumpy, she's a really good rider and she really likes him.
fr browne
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Huh? Translation would be appreciated.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
She means Harlem Globe Trotter!! :rolleyes:
fr browne
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh i thought it might've been a reference to The Trotters
fr browne
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I have been told to use the gym (weights) although I'm more likely to use the rowing machine personally. :p:

I am hoping to be playing a position at the back, perhaps fly-half if that is of an assistance.
I think the rowing machine may be more beneficial, make sure you do some cardiovascular work aswell, just to make sure you can run about for 80mins. Im not a rugby expert so theres no coaching tips I can offer but there is some rugby union on the BBC this afternoon.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by fr_browne)
Oh i thought it might've been a reference to The Trotters
LOL can you imagine the Harlem Globe Trotters all fitting in that 3 wheeler!!!! ROFLMAO!
fr browne
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hmm, they might manage it in a dozen or so trips.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by fr_browne)
Hmm, they might manage it in a dozen or so trips.
Legs and arms hanging out of the windows. :eek: :p:
wayne_cramp
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
does anybody follow/ play chess?
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
There needs to be the option to vote for Not really bothered.
May I stress that I am in no way belittling the game Chess and in no way wish to cause offensive
*sniggers*
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Isn't the best way to learn by experience?? So once you get out there hun and start to play you will learn. Good luck!!
UpliftMof0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
fly-half? its only one of the positions where you need a lot or fugby sense in your head! if you want to observe how things go, try playing on the wing for the match, that way you can watch and of course still get invovled. go to as many training sessions as you can, and if possible, sort out a small match within your team, say 7 a side or something, to get to grips with it.
Logan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
8am tomorrow, i have got to see the match. You think guys Andy has got a fighting chance? Or if he loses, will he lose by a big margin???
PFC123
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My God, is it tmw? What channel is it on? :eek:
I would love for Murray to win because really who else can Britiain rely on but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I think Andy has got the passion to win but I also think he's got a way to go before he has the experience and stamina to reach the top, however he is only 18/19 and has got ages yet to gain what he needs to get there
Spurs
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
He will lose, no doubt , he is top 50 in the world but cannot beat the world number 1 , simple as
FranzFan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
he's got as good a chance as anyone else. There's not many players who can match federer with groundstrokes but murray's better than most. He's got a faint hope
leedsmedic_07
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i am british , im a big fan of murrays, but federer humilates roddick, and realistically murray hasnt got a cat in hells chance , coz feddere s just too good.
......?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If only it was henman.
leedsmedic_07
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah right , henmann is a waste of space, all hopes are on murray now...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.2%
No - but I will (41)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.48%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (280)
46.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise