Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    I dabble on flute......I've taken grade 1 hehe...but can play grade 6 ish pieces!!

I'll shut up now!!!!!
    now carry on...i'm starting to slowly adjust and tolerate your immense talent :eek:

can i just lie now? Ok i will....10 stars GCSE, 5 A'S A-level, and.......
    Im a genius...... :eek:

I can play one piece on the piano off by heart - William Tell! Its still awesome- this 6 years after quitting the piano lessons! dededede dededededededede de de de de de (it goes like that! somehow!)

Adious

ReputationRep:
    Erm...........well............LO L!!

I think that is everything...well I did used to play violin - got up to grade 4, and I can play a bit of recorder!

ReputationRep:
    Erm...........well............LO L!!

I think that is everything...well I did used to play violin - got up to grade 4, and I can play a bit of recorder!
    The recorder heyyyy! I see....
    I played that...mind you, didn't take any grades in it - i can still remember a concert me and my best friend (still my best mate) played in year 6! A christmas carol concert, and we laughed our heads off all the way through....funny, when i laugh hysterically, and also my friend, this way back now!....we both let rip involuntarily - ahh fond memories - what it tis to reminisce (im sure i've spelt that incorrectly)

ReputationRep:
    Awww how sweet!

I played recorder in a school concert last year...I think that was a concert in which I was involved in nearly everything!! Oh how wonderful!

ReputationRep:
    how does this tie in with the thread topic...hmmmm

tennis is errrrrr, sweet music?!
    Does one agree with this statement, madamoiselle? My French is also B standard at GCSE i will have you know.....English 2 'a's, A level = a complete flop, but now at uni, im getting high 2:1s....im not really that much of a talentless loser...... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh no French for me thanks!

It's bed for me.....I expect this thread to be full of tennis information on my next visit tomorrow night!!!

ReputationRep:
    Awww how sweet!

I played recorder in a school concert last year...I think that was a concert in which I was involved in nearly everything!! Oh how wonderful!
    even arranged the food preparations for the audience?! lol... Im very impressed with the multi-tasking....the modern day women...not only can she cook and clean (hehe), but she works full-time, with teenage kids on the side to contend with....not only this folkes, but she can play music and literally own concerts! A musical god...how does it feel, serious question, to know how expert you are? Very reassuring im sure...im pretty good, excellent at two sports, badminton and tennis, and it fills me with warmth [ this is very deep and emotional now..... :eek: ] knowing i can do this.

Ahhhh....pass me some tissues....

ReputationRep:
    Oops Got my facts wrong. I'll shut up then. Damn I wish I could dunk :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noel)
    Yes I ride, everyday. I have my own horse, who I compete regulary.
    Even Linford Christie at his 1992 peak and Ruud van Nistelrooy wouldn't compete with their horses. Dude, that's not good.

ReputationRep:
    i just sailed my new laser yesterday

it goes so fast!!!

whooooooooooooooooosh

ReputationRep:
    WOW. i too know a daverave who sailed his laser yesterday!!!!!! anychance it might be teh daverave i know????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brunswick)
    nope, am referring to mine, who had a welsh velociraptor for a mother!
    I'm not sure about Matt's actual mother, but he lived with a very crazy lady for 9 years, which is probably why he has not yet worked out what normal equine behaviour is and is collecting scrapes and cuts daily! If he was a child you'd say he'd had a traumatic childhood...

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i sail all of the time.

i race radials.

http://pic.piczo.com/img/i56050829_14074.jpg

this is me

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got a Sunseeker?

(Original post by feelthesunshine)
    Anybody got a Sunseeker?
    How many times do I have to say it? Motorboats are lame. :argh:

• CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Ditzy)
    I know, my instructor's always been like that though, it didn't help that many years ago I was taking the mick and whacked the fence up to twice the height when he wasn't looking, and promptly fell off We do quite interesting exercises, but rarely jump higher than 2 foot, so frustrating, every now and then you just want to do basic grid work over a decent height :mad:

Riding in Yorkshire is lovely, lots of moors etc to ride over. My cousin used to keep her horses somewhere near Catterick (they were based there at the time)
    You should try having a couple of lessons at a different yard if you can, just to compare. Or even hiring out an instructor or asking for a different one? Have you tried speaking to them?

I've been looking at yards in yorkshire and found about 20 which is nice, so I'm looking to work at one of them, and Wzz and I will be buying a horse there. Something he can learn on and I can build up to competing again. Maybe a PB mare that I can put into foal in a couple of years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    You should try having a couple of lessons at a different yard if you can, just to compare. Or even hiring out an instructor or asking for a different one? Have you tried speaking to them?

I've been looking at yards in yorkshire and found about 20 which is nice, so I'm looking to work at one of them, and Wzz and I will be buying a horse there. Something he can learn on and I can build up to competing again. Maybe a PB mare that I can put into foal in a couple of years.
    I'm looking at other yards for hacking (the one Lilith rides at to be precise ) But I'm comfortable where I am at the minute, my instructor does really good jumping exercises, lots of control and keeping an even pace sort of things, it would just be nice to get over something with a bit of height every now and again. I also have issues with most of the other instructors there (I've known them for far too long and I know far too many of their sordid secrets!!) Ah well, I'll get over it, you never know, next jumping lesson he might surprise us and whack up a 4 foot spread!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditzy)
    I'm looking at other yards for hacking (the one Lilith rides at to be precise ) But I'm comfortable where I am at the minute, my instructor does really good jumping exercises, lots of control and keeping an even pace sort of things, it would just be nice to get over something with a bit of height every now and again. I also have issues with most of the other instructors there (I've known them for far too long and I know far too many of their sordid secrets!!) Ah well, I'll get over it, you never know, next jumping lesson he might surprise us and whack up a 4 foot spread!! :rolleyes:
    If you ever get bored, try a jump lesson at our yard. We have one advanced jump-specific lesson every week, alternating between Thursdays and Fridays with the Advanced Flat and it's always taught by Jo (unless she's at a show) We do lots of really good exercises and she differentiates the height according to people's abilities - Trevor (who makes funny half-surprised noises every times he goes over a jump, as though he wasn't really expecting it to happen) will jump fairly small whereas Jo just glares at me and says "Wait til the end, you're jumping it bigger". It's fun. Which yard do you ride at anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lillith Grimore)
    If you ever get bored, try a jump lesson at our yard. We have one advanced jump-specific lesson every week, alternating between Thursdays and Fridays with the Advanced Flat and it's always taught by Jo (unless she's at a show) We do lots of really good exercises and she differentiates the height according to people's abilities - Trevor (who makes funny half-surprised noises every times he goes over a jump, as though he wasn't really expecting it to happen) will jump fairly small whereas Jo just glares at me and says "Wait til the end, you're jumping it bigger". It's fun. Which yard do you ride at anyway?
    I ride at Markfield at the minute. An advanced lesson sounds a bit scary, I'm not as good, or as confident as I used to be, but once I've got my finances sorted out I'm seriously considering riding somewhere else as well, I'd love to have an extra lesson every fortnight or something, and riding somewhere else would really help I reckon, a nice change of horse and instructor would probably do me good.

ReputationRep:
    I used to ride a little 12.2 pony. She was great, until you wanted to stop. I only fell off her about 6 times in the years i rode her. I had lessons when i was younger, but i stopped them as they got so boring and the instructors hardly ever let us jump, although my friends 12.2 pony i rode could easily clear 3 foot

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.