Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yes Danni, im sure there are hundreds of NRL cheergirls here. Do you cheer for the raiders girls? One of my friends cheers at Parra.
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
yes Danni, im sure there are hundreds of NRL cheergirls here. Do you cheer for the raiders girls? One of my friends cheers at Parra.
Yeah raiderettes. And I'm not even a fan of the team :eek: *don't tell anyone!* I'd rather watch union anyday, I wish the Brumbies would have a cheerleading team However it was good fun this year, and I met many interesting people. What's your friend's uniform like?
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
depends, usually its like those tie up tops. But i dont get to go out and see the games, and i dont really watch them on tv.

Dont really like the Bronc cheergirls, they seem like glorified strippers, no real dance talent there at all.

Id luuurve to be a Stormers (Cape Town) Rugby cheerleader, they have so muchclass and are really cool. :cool: The Auckland cheergirls wear big blur fur coats its sooo cute. I used to "cheer" for the league boys in highschool but thats coz we were a BIG league school. Though admittedly it was my dance class so we just did dance routines and not much cheering at all.

edit: actually 3 of them actually are strippers....
fr browne
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah we'd never do anything to hurt an ill person
Unity
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Amirs good , quick hands but the true test of man is not in times of comfort but in times of struggle. Its easy to batter a hopeless sack of potatoes, its too early in his career to say he'll be great but hes got talent.
jonnyb991
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Does anyone fancy playing a really good fantasy cricket game?
If you do then here is a link to sign up.

http://overthrow.cricketmanager.co.uk/f.php?f=jonnyb991

Enjoy!!
jonnyb991
Report 13 years ago
Got to be Gough and Caddick!!!!
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jonnyb991)
Got to be Gough and Caddick!!!!
:rofl:
Leigh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by nmt_oli)
for less than £80 you really will need 2nd hand bike. £80 is the cheapest new bike in halfords, where i work, and a lot of the PARTS of my bikes cost more then that! but then i spend too much on my bikes lol.
I know how you feel. Shame it now sits in the shed doing nothing waiting to be dismantled and for me to try and regain some of the stupid amount of cash I spent on it!

Definitely second hand for that price. Perhaps have a look around near the Uni you're going to, ex-students probably won't have much need for their town bike?
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yes Danni, im sure there are hundreds of NRL cheergirls here.
I was actually hoping there would be some American ones on here who could give us some tips :p: :p:
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
depends, usually its like those tie up tops. But i dont get to go out and see the games, and i dont really watch them on tv.

Dont really like the Bronc cheergirls, they seem like glorified strippers, no real dance talent there at all.

Id luuurve to be a Stormers (Cape Town) Rugby cheerleader, they have so muchclass and are really cool. :cool: The Auckland cheergirls wear big blur fur coats its sooo cute. I used to "cheer" for the league boys in highschool but thats coz we were a BIG league school. Though admittedly it was my dance class so we just did dance routines and not much cheering at all.

edit: actually 3 of them actually are strippers....
Haha that doesn't surprise me... we have... *heard* things about them However in general we don't really talk that much about the other cheerleading teams - well I don't, anyway I just do this as an 'on-the-side' thing, I'm even surprised they selected me to be part of the team!! I went to the audition as a joke :laugh:

I liked Melbourne Storms routine, I also thought they were all pretty amazing: http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/def...?sec=10&ssec=3 Coming from Victoria anyway it didn't bother me either :p:

Aw, how cute about the Auckland cheerleaders, hehe!! They're smart tho :eek: Wish we got to wear them, I remember having to cheer games in subzero temps (practically snowing, sleeting at least) in our skimpy uniforms like it was yesterday! Aaahh it was so cold, serves me right for moving to a sterile little town next to the snowy mountains for uni. Actually that's quite ironic.

Anyway I'm on the books for next year, but I might not be here by then so I guess they'll have to find someone else to fill in my shoes
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Thank goodness rugby union doesn't have cheerleaders like league. It would become too much like American football. Then again, they do call it the Super League here. :rolleyes:
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Thank goodness rugby union doesn't have cheerleaders like league. It would become too much like American football. Then again, they do call it the Super League here. :rolleyes:
Yeah I just do this as a side thing! :p: I used to be a gymnast which is how I got into it, went to the audition and they selected me to be part of their team which was random :rolleyes: I have to say I wasn't massively fond of *all* the people there, so I didn't mind when the team leader threatened to fire me b/c I forgot to turn up to a session!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh I see.

Good luck with it anyway.
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hey NDG---Queenj's here againon DandD
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh I see.

Good luck with it anyway.
It's finished! Which is good, I'm so over it. We just do stretches and stuff now. I can't wait to leave at the end of this year.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Good.
Gwen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by danni_bella83)
It's finished! Which is good, I'm so over it. We just do stretches and stuff now. I can't wait to leave at the end of this year.
But doing it professionally must have been fun? rather than just a small team.
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Good.
Hehe!! I totally agree with you, some of the girls I had to cheer with :rolleyes: omg were they catty :eek: A few were even quite mean to me, just b/c I was from another state

I'm glad I won't have to put up with it next year :cool:
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Gwen)
But doing it professionally must have been fun? rather than just a small team.
Was an interesting experience and the pay was good, but like I said - a bit too catty for me (I can't handle cattyness. I've been a socially inept nerd at uni for too long ).
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (542)
37.74%
No - but I will (112)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (98)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.63%

Watched Threads