Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    Yeah raiderettes. And I'm not even a fan of the team :eek: *don't tell anyone!* I'd rather watch union anyday, I wish the Brumbies would have a cheerleading team
    They do, it is matt giteau!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordanv)
    Heh. Yeah he's a bit of a legend here :p: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    oi, watchit son.

ReputationRep:
    everyone knows its Henjak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    oi, watchit son.
    don't look at me like that!

i'm just annoyed that Matt Dunning didn't get a shot at fly-half in the tri-nations.

Matt Dunning is the greatest player in Australia!

oh god can you tell i live in New South Wales or what

ReputationRep:
    Just to get something straight - the reason behind warney getting named the greatestspinner of all time is not the average of wickets per matchs taken cos he would be beaten on that account. I

t is everyone's (that is - the professional commentators, players, officials, fans etc) undoubted view that he can step up his game and create so much spin so accurately when the team is in trouble. That is why he took 37 wickets in the ashes, and over 600 in test cricket. Now i feel that if someone of his skill and proven class-above-all-others cannot receive the recognition of best spinner of all time, somethings wrong!

Anyways, australia have bounced back well, partly due to a greater desire than the world XI, but also due to their team - they have played with each other for years and there's a balance, whereas the world XI has only been together a short while. The test should bring out the better in the world XI players as it is more of an individual game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flipst)
    Just to get something straight - the reason behind warney getting named the greatestspinner of all time is not the average of wickets per matchs taken cos he would be beaten on that account. I

t is everyone's (that is - the professional commentators, players, officials, fans etc) undoubted view that he can step up his game and create so much spin so accurately when the team is in trouble. That is why he took 37 wickets in the ashes, and over 600 in test cricket. Now i feel that if someone of his skill and proven class-above-all-others cannot receive the recognition of best spinner of all time, somethings wrong!

Anyways, australia have bounced back well, partly due to a greater desire than the world XI, but also due to their team - they have played with each other for years and there's a balance, whereas the world XI has only been together a short while. The test should bring out the better in the world XI players as it is more of an individual game
    Erm is 'warney' even on the world series team? I think the 'greatest spinner of all time' is just used vaguely. I mean with spin bowling there isn't any real way you can quantify how much more spin is better than another bowlers. But he's clearly a class above the rest.

Whereas something like the fastest bowler of all time is easier to quantify. That contest being between Shoaib Akhtar and Brett Lee. Currently it's Akhtar but it seems his quick deilveries aren't producing any wickets anyway.

The Aussieshave played well because some of the players have to, otherwise their place on the side will be lost. Like Katich and Martyn.

(Original post by tis_me_lord)

Well that's because they're not, goes to show how important a proper team spirit is though.
    to quote some person from some cricket site - vague,arn't i? - "You can assemble the best players of the world but you can't make them play as a team"

or something to that effect :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Is he much older then Lara?
    Lara is 36 I think, whereas Andy Flower is close to 40 if not past it. He (Flower) and Wasim Akram were similar ages, and Wasim retired years ago.

ReputationRep:
    yeah - right !!!! gough and caddick!!!

on what basis do u say this ??????

ReputationRep:
    Murray can beat federer when he is more experienced and the like, only probs wiv that is that federer will be old so it wont b a fair match.

ReputationRep:
    When Murray reaches his prime, Federer will probably be retired/near retirement.

ReputationRep:
    Thread closed as I am back sort of!!!

ReputationRep:
    As it says a thread for all gambling tips, hints and thoughts....

ReputationRep:
    Good idea, we will be watching closely!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    Hehe!! I totally agree with you, some of the girls I had to cheer with :rolleyes: omg were they catty :eek: A few were even quite mean to me, just b/c I was from another state
    Oh boy. Mind you, we have regional bashing, certainly between all nations of the British Isles.

ReputationRep:
    well, the best opening 2 bowlers of the past 8 years who have been phenomenal (and playing together) has been mcgrath and gillespie. I concede that gillespie plays like absolute s*** now, but he was world class a couple of years back, and mcgrath proved in the opening test in the ashes he is the most accurate bowler of all time.

An interesting comment was made by a commentator on tv after the 4th test i think it was. He felt as though brett lee was becoming the new mcgrath and tait the new lee. when warne and lee had the batsmen all over the shop in the last innings you could see that lee can be lethal but he needs consistancy in his accuracy.

dont hang me if you disagree but there is some basis to my argument (i hope - for australia's sake!!)

ReputationRep:
    Ok a NAP and NB for Thursdays racing, anyone who followered my tip for yesterday would of collected as it romped home at 13/8 ! I also tipped Owen to score 1st goal for England. Anyone else got any tips to share ?

NAP = VALANCE this was a non runner
    Ludlow 3.20
    Switched from flat to jumps for the first time and there is no better jockey on the planet than Tony McCoy to help this 5yo adjust to life over the fences, am expecting a bold bid and if all goes to plan hope to see him in the winners enclosure.

NB = BOLD PHOENIX 1st @ 5/2
    Southwll 4.40
    Barney Curley's 4yo finished a solid 2nd last time out on his reapperance, no reason why the horse cannot go one better today is a easier race, dont think the odds will be great but they will be better than a big priced loser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Oh boy. Mind you, we have regional bashing, certainly between all nations of the British Isles.
    So I gathered when I briefly visited the UK in 2002.

And yeah like, all the girls were ridiculously skinny, blonde, *apparently* from QLD and were 'awesome', so of course they were soo much cooler than everyone else, including nerdy little me :rolleyes: ://

ReputationRep:
    don't look at me like that!

i'm just annoyed that Matt Dunning didn't get a shot at fly-half in the tri-nations.

Matt Dunning is the greatest player in Australia!

oh god can you tell i live in New South Wales or what
    lol, they have one dunning in every country... NZ its Kevin, SA its Ollie Le Roux.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.