The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7080
Wzz
Ditzy, how are your lessons going? :smile:

New hoss arrives next week! :biggrin: Wzz and I have done lots of shopping for him, only need a lunge cavasson (with bit piece or not - can't decide) and lunge line now. Will maybe get a roller next month.

From Blackhawk

Very well thanks, I haven't made a fool of myself yet!!

Congrats on the horse, so exciting, and I'm only a little jealous!! :p:
Hey :wavey:

finally someone with good taste in sports!
Recently had the last volleyball game I'll ever play (well, seriously play anyway...) :frown:
How about you? Do you play in a club? or in school or something?
Ooh Volleyball's fun, my friend today just asked if I wanted to join her team for this summer.

I might need a really good sports bra tho :wink: :redface:

Tryouts are in a couple weeks actually. Natalie why was it the last VB game for you?
Eng v Pak - Cricket Series, Who will win?
Well now that the start is only five days away who does everyone think is going to win it.

I would like munster to win, but thats just wishful thinking, my money would probably be on wasps or maybe biarritz.
tiempo
How are they judged...?

And who oils them up...? :biggrin:
I'm not asking for the job, i was just curiuous

Yeah right!!! :rolleyes:
Reply 7086
I really don't see why someone would want to do that to themselves...
Raindance
I really don't see why someone would want to do that to themselves...

What oli themselves or build that much muscle you can't put your arms straight by your sides??? :p:
Wasn't there a female version of this competiton? I watched a documentary of A British woman - 'woman' would be a generous description - she looks pretty horrendous to be fair - she looks more like a man and sounds more like a man...must be all those drugs, hormones shes taking etc...

It was shocking stuff to see that documentary - im not into body building, not into gym, just Mr average weighing in at 12 stone, of ok tone, but you know, fair play, they have an interest/ambition and they chase it - i guess it requires an awful lot of work and that gets my respect...but the look? Hmmm not to my liking..
did murray qualify for the madrid masters?
Reply 7090
Brothers, we must understand there is different builds - these guys (and girlguys) are working at an extreme level where very few make it or many choose not to make it! Obviously the events claim to be drug tested but we know the truth..

I do respect natural bodybuilding competitions, these guys have to work really hard and most of the time they don't look "too big" etc..

Plus remember they don't walk round like that all of the time, it is merely a compeition that they dedicate and work towards to achieve a low bodyfat.

Bodybuilding receives such negativity, when really certain types of bodybuilding.. e.g. Your average man toning up is actually quite healthy.. Natural bodybuilding is healthy too (so long as your bodyfat isn't EXXXXtreemely low) then this is safe and most athletes demonstrate good flexibility etc..

Just showing how when you mention the word bodybuilding everyone think ohhhhh ugly etc.. when really there's various aspects involved such as how serious you are etc..

Me myself just seeking to become abit stronger, by bulking up and then cutting down any excess fat I had gained during a bulk.. Nothing special :smile:

Peace
Reply 7091
toxic04
Don't know a right lot about it..

Alot it to do with your poses, felxibility, structure and muscles etc.. I think your marked and then the judges will request 2,3,4,5,6 etc up at the same time to compare each other and also each competitor will do like a 30 second sequence with the music of their choice (how good is that!)

It's nuts.. think about this 280/290/300 lb's men (thats like 20 stone i think) at like 5% or less bodyfat!
--------------
So btw they can do like the splits!!!

lol, only female fitness classes are judged on flexibility:rolleyes: but yes, BBers are tres flexible.

symmetry is important in the judging process.
Reply 7092
He doesn't as vascular this year.
Reply 7093
Brothers...

Ronnie deserved it, jay and him were in similar condition but ronnie just had the size, pretty easy when it comes down to it.

Not a fan of that cape and stuff though.

Lightweight baby!
--------------
TomX
He doesn't as vascular this year.

Don't just read what you've heard someone else say on a different forum and type it out as your own opinion, especially when its wrong.

Big ronnie was in better condition this year than for a long long time.
Leaving school :frown:
It was in the school team and I don't think I'm going to try it at university here...

You should try out! But yes, a good top is very important, not only for your future aesthetics and all that but for comfort as well, it's hard to concentrate with those things... bouncing about :redface:
Reply 7095
Jay was good in pre judging.. yes clearly Jay's arms weren't as vascular as Ronnie's but some of Jay's features in pre judging looking as if we were going to see a new Mr. Olympia

But when it come to the main comp, Jay musta lost abit :frown: Ah well...
Gunter to win next time!!!! (Y) Top man

Ppl still claim "Weider" scams are going on with Ronnie winning it 8 times etc..Don't think so.. Ronnie is impressive and looked very well good work well done Ron.

LIGHTWEIGHT BABY!!!

P.S. Nice to see some comments from last 3 posters :biggrin:
Thats pretty high standard...blues rugby up here play against premiership teams...although its normally not a full side (have still seen trevor leota, josh lewsey and craig dowd playing with wasps though).
Can't say i know too much about london nigerian, but go for it and good luck!
the Taekwondo should help just incase someone likes to indulge in some afters aswell (watch south africans, welshmen and the scottish for this! worst offenders in personal experience).
I said close, but that seems like such an easy option.

It's at Pakistan, so the wickets will just be really dusty and good for batting, meaning there will be some huge totals probably, and hence a lot of draws.

So with most matches drawn it will really depend on just one or two matches where there's a result, and it can go either way.

If it's one day matches then we need to get Afridi out quickly, and wack Shoiab. :cool:

Is it test, or one day... or both?
Both.
3 tests, 5 one-dayers.

Well, I'd say England to win the test series and edge the one day as well (but that one could swing both ways).
mockel
Both.
3 tests, 5 one-dayers.

Well, I'd say England to win the test series and edge the one day as well (but that one could swing both ways).

I'd say we're more likely to win the ODI's...

Latest