Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thats pretty high standard...blues rugby up here play against premiership teams...although its normally not a full side (have still seen trevor leota, josh lewsey and craig dowd playing with wasps though).
    Can't say i know too much about london nigerian, but go for it and good luck!
    the Taekwondo should help just incase someone likes to indulge in some afters aswell (watch south africans, welshmen and the scottish for this! worst offenders in personal experience).

I said close, but that seems like such an easy option.

It's at Pakistan, so the wickets will just be really dusty and good for batting, meaning there will be some huge totals probably, and hence a lot of draws.

So with most matches drawn it will really depend on just one or two matches where there's a result, and it can go either way.

If it's one day matches then we need to get Afridi out quickly, and wack Shoiab. :cool:

Is it test, or one day... or both?

ReputationRep:
    Both.
    3 tests, 5 one-dayers.

Well, I'd say England to win the test series and edge the one day as well (but that one could swing both ways).

(Original post by mockel)
    Both.
    3 tests, 5 one-dayers.

Well, I'd say England to win the test series and edge the one day as well (but that one could swing both ways).
    I'd say we're more likely to win the ODI's...

We used to play with really squidgy balls, which were SO tempting to kick.

Needless to say I never exactly perfected the art of proper volleyball.

ReputationRep:
    gustavo looked really well, highest hes ever placed.

ReputationRep:
    Pak will win the One Day games. Inzamam and Afridi will slog England.
    England are the best test nation on the planet imo.
    Pakistan are my second favourite team after England. i have no idea why really

ReputationRep:
    I play!!! Hence the name really!!!

I play anywhere in the backs really, tend to get stuck on the wing coz im pretty fast tho!

ReputationRep:
    Learn to count cards and destroy your friends...they forgive you eventually.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I know about South Africans and the Scots when they play against England and I ask myself, "Right, who's been in the sin bin?" :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stone)
    gustavo looked really well, highest hes ever placed.
    Yeah done well..

Think Jay will be the next Mr. O though.. can't see Ronnie doing many more years

ReputationRep:
    Sadly with SA because they've made starting fights and generally cheating their method of playing, they dont get binned for stuff they blatantly should...they dont even get penalties given - hence me and the rest of my team sit infront of the TV screaming our heads off at the idiocy of the referees...
    Justin Kaplans the worst though...he doesn't even base decisions on the rules....

ReputationRep:
    I've seen some blues rugby on TV. It was pretty good although for some reason I think there's not too much a focus on kicking throughout the game and training. So when penalties are given and someone goes for goal, usually they miss. This is from personal experience.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno....the oxford team last year had a very reliable kicker, although admittedly they did like to give a spectacle and run the ball...
    was this match in december by any chance? because the varsity wasn't the best display of rugby...then again, the hard-fought, scrappy games are often the best to watch too...

ReputationRep:
    It was the Varsity match. A combined UoL team against Oxbridge would be awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Well, depending on how high level your team is, if you fancy a game against our college side we'd fancy a little tourage...
    i think we would be screwed against a UoL side to be honest though...
    considering that....you would probably be screwed against the blues...they've got Joe Roff playing for them next year i think, so serious quality!
    (he played wing for Aussies in the World cup final!)

ReputationRep:
    Oh do we have a rivalry here going on?

Of course it's nice to have international players in your side but it's a team game. If your team works better as a unit/several units then that is better than a bunch of talented individuals. We have already seen this in football.

ReputationRep:
    haha, sadly they're all that sort of quality - most of them get premiership offers when they leave the uni.
    e.g. Ben Durham - man of the match last year, was playing for oxford and glouscester simultaneously, except that cuppers match when i played against him - not fun!
    Also, henry nwume now plays prop for wasps - seriously, sport at Ox is a step up from most universities because people are given places in many cases specifically for sporting abilities, the only uni team who would beat the full uni team is loughborough, but they do have the england academy merged with their university one!

ReputationRep:
    We'll soon see if it ever happens then.

ReputationRep:
    Not really...as i said, UoL wont play blues, they'll play greyhounds, who are our second team - the first one are really a display team who then wipe the floor with the tabs as an afterthought (its hardly difficult!), but if it ever happens i'll get down there and hope your playing!
    your lucky tho...jonny who played wing last year was the meanest tackler you would ever see!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.