Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I doubt very much I'd be playing. Might end up as a coach though. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Really? in what aspect of the game exactly?
    Not to sound condescending...but for someone who doesn't have the best knowledge of rugby, coaching isn't the way to learn!
    or should i be expecting a "How to pick up coaching rugby union fast?" thread soon

ReputationRep:
    I meant in like 30 years time...

ReputationRep:
    Ah! sorry - foresight isn't an ability i was blessed with at birth...maybe my parents are weak in the extreme genetics department.
    sounds like fun anyway - coaching rugby is really enjoyable, and a lot more technical than you may think! but get out there and play some first!

ReputationRep:
    Which is why I decided today after training not to bother expressing an interest in coaching. But if people think that you have to be an outstanding player to be an outstanding coach/manager I can give you examples where this doesn't apply.

I assumed that after graduation I can still have some ties with the university (probably this alumni stuff) and take things from there. Wouldn't know about that stuff since I'm a first year undergraduate anyway.

ReputationRep:
    haha! as i said, just play and enjoy!
    I agree that you dont have to be a great player to be a great coach though - e.g. look at mike bassett (wasn't that an amazing documentary? ), but you really need to have played at a decent level to get an idea of the real strategies.etc., atleast for rugby.

ReputationRep:
    Also look at Jose Mourinho.

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? not claiming i know his background, but i didn't know that!
    although, before the bolton game i would have said part of that was having an indispensible pile of cash at his disposal, but those tactical changes he made were stunning.

ReputationRep:
    The cash isn't that direct on the match there nor in his ability (Setubal, Porto, Chelsea). Plenty of coaches have had cash at their disposal belonging to teams like Inter, Real Madrid etc and are getting nowt for it.

He was playing in about Division 2 of the Portuguese league and took up management.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough - well done on him then...
    then again, not many other teams do have the money he has at his disposal - it helps when you can buy the worlds best players to slot into your line up though...
    As i said, its not just the money, but it helps a lot.

anyway - got a match to play tomorrow, so bed beckons.
    Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    Cool. I have training tomorrow, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and had training today. :eek: I should go to bed soon too I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james101)
    did murray qualify for the madrid masters?
    Nope he's injured. Retired during a recent challenger match against Xavier Malisse due to a pulled hamstring.

ReputationRep:
    haha! ye lyk dman right bulls kick ass! lol
    no leon deserved man of the match
    i wa ther :p: dancin my lil heart away wen they won lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    I thought i disliked Henman until Murray came along....
    Lol speaking of which Henman beat Taylor Dent in the first round of the Madrid masters.

There should be a general tennis thread in this forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratomaster)
    Lol speaking of which Henman beat Taylor Dent in the first round of the Madrid masters.

There should be a general tennis thread in this forum.
    Been tried and forgot about.

(Original post by roxy potter)
    Well now that the start is only five days away who does everyone think is going to win it.

I would like munster to win, but thats just wishful thinking, my money would probably be on wasps or maybe biarritz.
    Munster have a very good team so they have as much chance of winning the Cup as anyone, particularly as this stage!

I'm looking forward to the Leinster v Bath match on Saturday - it's going to be difficult to decide which one to support.

I understand the match is at RDS - what are they developing Lansdowne Rd for? It is just upgrading or for a specific purpose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    Been tried and forgot about.
    Lol, maybe we need some Murray magic to spice the game up a little. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratomaster)
    Lol, maybe we need some Murray magic to spice the game up a little. :rolleyes:
    Sadly that too has gone. You can try if you wish though.

ReputationRep:
    I have bets from time to time on tennis, will post up some picks when/if I can be bothered

ReputationRep:
    I had a 1st and a 3rd in a reverse forecast on Sunday. Was gutted.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.