Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Rugby.

(Original post by roxy potter)
    Why don't you know who to support?
    I'd be a bit like that between munster and wasps.

Landsdowne is just being upgraded, i think they are completely overhauling it, some new plans were unveiled the other day.
    Untill its done the Internationals are going to be played in Croke Park which is where all the gaa is played.
    Thanks for info on Landsdowne.

I support Bath as an English club because I live in England, and I support Munster because of my family connectons.

Munster are playing tonight, what you do reckon of their chances?

ReputationRep:
    Ha, I like cricket however my brothers (x2) don't, much to my dads dismay and shame as he's from barbados.

Korfball tho, that sounds interesting! i'll look it up thanks!

xx

ReputationRep:
    I bought a new bike from Tesco. However, the wheels are a bit wobbly. Is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Googloo)
    I bought a new bike from Tesco. However, the wheels are a bit wobbly. Is this normal?
    The wheels shouldn't wobble from side to side, it's a bit dangerous to leave them like that. Check that the nuts holding them into the frame are as tight as they can be.

ReputationRep:
    ok, this question is not neccessarily regarding good bowlers but merely bowlers in thier pomp that you would not want to face.

i.e no line and lenght merchants( unless they were/are hostlile.

so e.g although mcgrath is one of the best in the business he would fit into this category.

so we the fast bowlers that were most literaly scary to face in thier pomp.

so genuine fast bolwlers who wer mean , dished out short stuff, swung the ball at high pace.

name a few because its an open question.....

ReputationRep:
    are you referring to the batty boys who bowl it when they walk???

ReputationRep:
    I am away for two weeks. My OH has planned a surprise hol for me and I will be whisked away to an unknown destination tonight. Please be good and see you all soon
    love
    cindy x

ReputationRep:
    :ciao:Have a nice time!

And don't worry, we'll behave :evil: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Googloo)
    if by wobbly you mean bent then yeh most are when they come prepacked...

ReputationRep:
    Toulouse to win the HC again I reckon, just too strong for everyone else, although I fancy Wasps and Stade Francais to challenge strongly.
    Speaking of the Leinster match, keep an eye on 2 of the brighest hopes in Irish Rugby; the winger Rob Kearney and no8 Jamie Heaslip.

ReputationRep:
    have fun on hol

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick hello....I've tried to read through the 15 pages of threads for the moment but I am way tired and I must do some work LOL but I ride and have horses! At home we (family 'we') run a Dales pony stud, breeding and producing our own ponies for the show ring. My boy is called Tucker - he's a very grumpy and hypochondriactic (sp! and is that a word!) pony who's constantly lame on usually all four legs and a couple more if he could! :rolleyes: Loooong story! but when he's fit and well I ride him and I broke him to harness last summer and did a couple of shows with him in the carriage!
    We also have a gorgeous stallion called Magic who's had a lot of success doing in-hand showing.

Back at Uni last year I was the riding club president which I loved! and rode at a wonderful riding school (and learnt tonnes!).

I promise to properly reread the whole thread in the morning!!
    Anna

ReputationRep:
    brett lee can be fierce when he is fired up and determined to attack the batsmen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratomaster)
    Is chess a sport now?!
    lots of things which clearly arent sports are classified as sport. The short answer is no.
    --------------
    Maybe those who do play would be interested in playing a tournement on http://www.gameknot.com (which is correspondance chess)? I know that a lot people think they can play but i doubt many are actually any good at all. Prove me wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Historically, I'd say Marshall, Kapil Dev, Khan, Holding, Lillee, Ambrose and Walsh were feared bowlers.

In contemporary times Warne, McGrath, Lee and Murilitharan.

ReputationRep:
    Well one weekend in and both my teams aren't doing well. Sale deserved to beat munster but i think the margin was unfair we should have at least picked up a bonus point.
    As for wasps I think they were robbed, the angle I saw it from clearly showed lewsey coming in to block pattersons try but anyway thats the way it is, wasps are just going to have to win(away) to toulouse, a very difficult feat. Same goes for castres v munster.

ReputationRep:
    i tend not to post in this forum much.. but i do!
    am the ex-captain of our college team. & played at school.

so if you have any Qs..? :p: but then the Lax i've played has been Women's & then Mixed, as opposed to Men's - so i might be less help with that..

ReputationRep:
    Henman and Murray are facing each other tomorrow in Basle for the 1st time. Should be an interesting match, the old generation vs young generation. I reckon it will be a bigger deal for Murray. I hope he wins as it will give him a whole lot more confidence that he can be right up there with the best. Who do you think will win?

Edit: I've now changed the title of the thread to Andy Murray thread, so any discussion about Murray can take place here

ReputationRep:
    If Henman loses badly, he'll probably consider retirement.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.