Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Henman and Murray are facing each other tomorrow in Basle for the 1st time. Should be an interesting match, the old generation vs young generation. I reckon it will be a bigger deal for Murray. I hope he wins as it will give him a whole lot more confidence that he can be right up there with the best. Who do you think will win?
    ooh, it's exciting! *jumps up and down enthusiastically*

Well, hasn't Henman hinted at retirement if he doesn't get significally far in Wimbledon 06? I think that even if he wins this match but it's a close run thing, then he'll be a teensy bit concerned! I hope Murray'll do it.....

ReputationRep:
    Very close but I think henman will have it

ReputationRep:
    Henman the better player in the poorer form. Murray coming back from injury. Too tough to call

ReputationRep:
    if its a five-setter, Henman...

ReputationRep:
    Is the match being shown on e.g. eurosport or highlights shown as will be great match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    if its a five-setter, Henman...
    It's a 3 setter

ReputationRep:
    Ice hockey all the way but skating can be done by anyone and is social too.

ReputationRep:
    Regular Feild Hockey.

If youve just graduated then its perfect for you. With all the clubs i know..you go training for an hour a week and get a match most saturdays. The best bit though is the social side.

You go to festivals and tournaments. Tournaments are taken quite seriously and are really about the hockey (which is why ive only gone to one). Festivals though are great funn. You camp for the weekend and play a bit of mixed hockey in a really fun mannor. (eg last one i went to in the summer we all used cricket bats instead of sticks....other times people have played naked (usually thats a late one though)) Its loads of fun and there are always great drinking games. Everyones really friendly aswell

In other words CHOOSE HOCKEY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    *closes eyes*
    *puts finger on list*
    *opens eyes*

That one.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    I think Henman's going to win this.. he's got the momentum now.

ReputationRep:
    Tiger Tim to win

ReputationRep:
    i reckon murray will win.
    is this bein shown on terrestrial tv??

ReputationRep:
    Common Henman!!
    --------------
    yes bbc2

ReputationRep:
    what time is it being shown on BBC2 ?

ReputationRep:
    knowing that henman is the uk's number the reason is that greg rudzedki is so **** and henman has a strong heart when playing teenis for his country but obviously its not good enough but devinetly murry bright talent is sure to beat the henman and fair play to him!!!!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Murray won! On a third set tie breaker.

ReputationRep:
    who won the match? much stupid brother was hogging the tv......
    --------------
    (Original post by james101)
    Murray won! On a third set tie breaker.
    oh right

ReputationRep:
    As its FAST bowlers ie not Warne or Murilitharan

Id say McGrath and Flintoff personally.....Flintoff is coming as good as McGrath for persistent accuracy and as long as he keeps improving for a year hell be better in a short while

ReputationRep:
    He just said that metronomic bowlers don't count. Hence McGrath is out. To be honest there's very little pace to be afraid of on the international circuit. Now a days bowling purely fast isn't enough, I think Brett Lee has surpassed Shoaib Akhtar as the world's best out and out pace bowler, but he can still be very expensive and erratic. In some ways I think Steve Harmison, even though he's never bowled consistantly mid 90's (he's usually low 90's) is a better bowler on his day. If you looked at Lee's stats during the Ashes he was never one to squeeze the batsmen for runs, and because of that Ponting was always having to turn to Warne and/or McGrath to exercise control in terms of runs conceeded.

ReputationRep:
    shoaib akhtar would be the one id fear

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.