Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Both batsmen bat at #3, and both will play very important roles in the upcoming series. Both enojyed a good run of form.. vaughan vs aussies and khan vs. india

So who is better?

ReputationRep:
    The essential question is in what context. I think Michael Vaughan is a better overall batsmen, whether or not Younis Khan is a better player within the sub-continent remains to be seen, since Vaughan has never played in the sub-continent.

ReputationRep:
    If he didn't break down after 3 overs, I'd fear him too.

ReputationRep:
    murray won :party: tim henmans time is up!!

ReputationRep:
    ooooooh what were the set scores??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jt0316)
    ooooooh what were the set scores??
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4372118.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by recurring)
    No, Henman continually bottles big matches, and this is big in it's context, watch murray swing the momentum back his way.
    Care to name a few of these 'big matches' which he has bottled?

ReputationRep:
    since Vaughan has never played in the sub-continent.
    Im pretty sure he played in the last tour of India and SL (in 1999/2000) and played in SL in (2003) and even got a hundred against Murali & Co

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    Both.
    3 tests, 5 one-dayers.

Well, I'd say England to win the test series and edge the one day as well (but that one could swing both ways).
    I'm saying England win the Tests, and 3-2 in the ODIs to either side (though admittedly Pakistan are the better ODI side)

ReputationRep:
    England to win both. Pakistan's batting really is horsemeat. Particularly in the Test arena, where you can't hide behind a couple of sloggers on a good day. They literally have one properly class bat, and he is an overweight knobber as it is. Should be good for a few run outs.

ReputationRep:
    They literally have one properly class bat, and he is an overweight knobber as it is. Should be good for a few run outs.
    He has been in the form of his life recently. If he gets going, England will have a problem.

England need their batting to fire on the slow low wickets of Pakistan. If it doesn't, the series will be closer than imagined.

As for the ODIs, I would be surprised if Pakistan didn't win. They are on a roll with the ODIs (having won the last 7 of their ODIs on the trot), their allround strength in the ODI arena is unmatchable, and lately, they've had the consistency to match. All that without Shoaib Akhtar. If he's fit and firing, England will have a handful to deal with (assuming he manages to stay fit.)

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo! Murray won! Not a great match but Murray held his nerve in the end, and showed great respect for Henman when he won. Well done Murray!

ReputationRep:
    **** i bet on henman.i ve lost money.henman was playing more professional tennis, but sometimes he was making way too much simple mistakes. Murray is just a defensive players. He just waited till Henman made an error.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah true he did play two tests in India in 2001. I didn't really consider Sri Lanka, was more thinking about India/Pakistan to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah true he did play two tests in India in 2001
    When he was famously out "handled the ball"...

ReputationRep:
    yeah don't you just love it when ppl, probably most who know v.little to nothing about the game, jump onboard this "Henman bottles it on big occasions" band-wagon.

I wouldnt say he really does...the fact is he simply isn't good enough - certainly not to win a Slam, he himself has pretty much admitted to this. Ok, i have a friend who ****s off Henman because "he's cráp" - typically stupid comment from someone who doesnt know the game...number 4 in the world at one point and "hes cráp" - hmm thats interesting, really valid statement....admittedly he isnt in the group of Agassi, Safin, Sampras, Federer, Roddick, Nadal.....because he's not as good -there are different branches to world class...Henman isn't nestled on the top branch.

Bottled it against Murray? Hmm i think Tim Henman was lacking lot of confidence, lack of matchplay, lack of wins...besides Murray is an excellent player, he's number 70 in the world and tbh had nothing to lose playing henman...i hope Tim Henman comes back feeling rejuvenated for next year as i feel it will be his last.

ReputationRep:
    Murray suddenly makes me
    LOVE Henman

ReputationRep:
    hehehehe... what can i say, tennis has its ways.... but i love table tennis more because you need more skill in doing rallies in such a small space... however some peope would disagree.

(i wanted tim to win yesterday though)

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Rusedski could be overtaking tim at the top of the rankings soon. He beat Tursinov in russia in streight sets and he's got a decent draw.

Murray beat Berdych as well.

ReputationRep:
    It's nearly time for the annual, autumn 'North v South' Challenge!
    Anybody going to a game?

Im off to the England v New Zealand game. Can NOT wait, got my tickets yesterday!

Really excited to see New Zealand play as i've not seen them live before, Will be watching for an England win, won't be bitter if they lose tho!

Never watched an England game where i have no idea what to expect! Should be good tho!

Anyone have any predictions for the series?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.