Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    yeah i agree with most of that advice. Ive not been training for very long but when i have, i have been trained to go for the head and neck mainly. But yeah alost the groin and solar plexis.

In pracice wing chun is the best ive seen, so far.

ReputationRep:
    QUOTE: Nah...it is developed by the Jews and has so many flaws.

WRONG!! It was developed by the Israeli Army . . .a huge percntage of which are Sabras. For the less intelligent amongst you, Sabras are natural born Israelis who are not alway Jews!!. With regards Krav Maga, it's a very good art, designed to use whatever is to hand. If that means throwing a handfull of coins or gravel in someones face then so be it. Before you negatively comment on an art whether it be trad karate, Krav Maga, Ju jitsu, Wing Chun, Kempo, TKD, Judo etc - have the decency to have tried it before completly disregarding it.

Oh by the way - what has the fact that it was, as you incorrectly put it, designed by Jews got to do with it would it be better if it was designed by a Catholic or a hindu . . muslim maybe??

ReputationRep:
    I'm an ok swimmer but because for last 6-7 years ive been pretty much done no swimming, i used to do swimming lessons/swimming club routine and enter into galas etc...not lost my touch but obviously the muscle groups used in swimming, well hmm not used to using them...but i will take heed of your advice, warm up well and just not go speeding along like a mad man which i did in the summer when i was on holiday...that explains the stretch marks i immediately achieved..

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    yeah, you should try things first before you say if they are good or bad.... they might work for other people but not for you.

ReputationRep:
    Tae Kwondo is great if anyone wants to try it out - been training for five years and proud to be a blackbelt

ReputationRep:
    I do shotokan karate and i love it but theres no hope in hell of me ever using it in a fight. Im a wimp n i hate fighting usually only when im at karate can i fight.

ReputationRep:
    Yea i know - i hate it when people at school are like "come on then - use your TKD" taunting me, i feel like giving them a good kick in the head to be honest

ReputationRep:
    yeah, best not to get into a fight, but if you ever do then stay focused and dont hold back til your safe. then usually RUN if you can.

Ive been tought to end the fight before they start it, by observing peoples body language so you can predict what they might do next. Tho ive never had to do this as im normally in a safe areas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frogmansmall)
    yeah, best not to get into a fight, but if you ever do then stay focused and dont hold back til your safe. then usually RUN if you can.

Ive been tought to end the fight before they start it, by observing peoples body language so you can predict what they might do next. Tho ive never had to do this as im normally in a safe areas.
    I can highly recommend a book by Richard Dimitri of Senshido called "In Total Defense Of the Self" (sic). Its all about the psychology of self survival and fighting . .expensive but well worth the money.

ReputationRep:
    many people have said walsh - don't make me laugh !!!!!!

hes military medium and always was, he was never a geniune quicke, like ambrose/waqar/wasim/ or donald - so i wud definately put these guys above him in the pecking order.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a picture of freddie when he was drunk on the celebration of the ashes?

Thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asjad_03)
    many people have said walsh - don't make me laugh !!!!!!

hes military medium and always was, he was never a geniune quicke, like ambrose/waqar/wasim/ or donald - so i wud definately put these guys above him in the pecking order.
    Obviously you never saw Walsh play.

ReputationRep:
    lets just say i would cack myself at any of them bowling at me, it would be major brown alert.

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter if you are from a different fighting style if you read it, will i not understand some of the content?

Also i have searched online and cant find anywhere to buy it. Can you help me?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I do shotokan karate, and as much as people say it isn't useful in a fight, it is. Obviously, you don't go for the spinning back kick to the head, but a swift palm strike to the throat or a knee in the face can do an awful lot of damage.

ReputationRep:
    No, but my friend's Uncle was his coach (Neil Fairbrother). They share the same name.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want a picture of him drunk?!? He's rather fit though I have to say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    I do shotokan karate, and as much as people say it isn't useful in a fight, it is. Obviously, you don't go for the spinning back kick to the head, but a swift palm strike to the throat or a knee in the face can do an awful lot of damage.
    I very much hope that knee-strike is a follow-up technique, because I'm a foot taller than most people I know and I can't percieve doing that in isolation...

(I do Shotokan too, BTW)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frogmansmall)
    Does it matter if you are from a different fighting style if you read it, will i not understand some of the content?

Also i have searched online and cant find anywhere to buy it. Can you help me?

Thanks
    The fighting style is irrelevant. What’s important is the content of the book and how you can pre-empt the attack. I train in an art called SPS (Self protection System) No Japanese or Korean terminology. A rear inward punch is exactly what it says it is, palm heel strike, eye gouge – whatever . Remember K.I.S,S – Keep It Simple, STUPID. Which is what Richard does. He’s over in the Uk in March next year, 12th I think. Seminars in London and Coventry

As far as the book goes, you can only order it directly from Richard Dimitri via his web site. http://www.senshido.com/sshp3_1.html You’ll have to email him and send credit card details in separate email for safety (Yeah I was sceptical too), but he’s as good as his word and world renowned for what he does. Check out “The Shredder” too. http://www.senshido.com/swwd2.html An absolutely brilliant conceptual tool which can be used against any attack – and I mean any attack be it punch, kick, edged weapon, even when wrestled to the ground, if you’re switched on enough you can use it (No I don’t have shares in Senshido LOL). I was 'lucky' enough to be shredded by the man himself at the London Seminar last year. . . . . just awesome!!

Enjoy!
    --------------
    (Original post by Hashshashin)
    I very much hope that knee-strike is a follow-up technique, because I'm a foot taller than most people I know and I can't percieve doing that in isolation...

(I do Shotokan too, BTW)
    Thats Ok, Im smaller than most people - I'll just grab 'em and pull 'em an twist 'em off . . .then I'll feed them too you . . LOL

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like your wheels need truing. Cheap factory built wheels are usually poorly tensioned, thus are rarely true out of the box anyway (and if are, won't stay that way for long).

Depends how bad it is (1mm is acceptable) but your local bike shop will retension and true each wheel for about £10 each. Probably not worth it considering their quality to begin with.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.