Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
SlyPie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's not really a sport but I like it: dance of any kind;it's just so sensual.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Anyone going to Olympis this year?
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BlackHawk)
Anyone going to Olympis this year?
Yep, I'm heading down on the friday to see the Puissance!! So excited, can't wait!!

Are you going?
leedsmedic_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i have seen walsh play , but he was a line and length bowler. he was good , but not great, certainly not fearful like donald's short pitch bowling and waqars banana yorkers at 96 mph
Archkinkist
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The World Champs is coming in Christmas/New Year time. It seems we're the only two around who play; and from what you say you're a damn sight better than me! I've been getting a bit of practice in, managed a 137 the other day, but this wasn't so good considering this was two failed attempts at the 16!
sierraleone
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I feel a bit too short for darts, I'd rather sprain a muscle in a more active sport! So armchair viewing is the way forward for me, but I enjoy that so it's all good. I never know what's going on though, all this PDC and BDO business seems a bit mental.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I watch both of the world champs at Christmas/New Year. Dont really follow it throughout the year though unless there is nothing better on. Good to see Taylor demolish Lloyd. As for playing I only ever get the board out when its on tv. Even then its propped up at the end of my bed so I throw down on it.
flyboy123
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Youre all so pesimistic....England will win

As Al Murray says...we invented the game and so even if they score more, we invented it so we win
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by asjad_03)
i have seen walsh play , but he was a line and length bowler. he was good , but not great, certainly not fearful like donald's short pitch bowling and waqars banana yorkers at 96 mph
He was most certainly faster than most "fast" bowlers today.
twiga
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Frddie? :love: :love:
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Karate great for self-defence, strength, stamina, co-ordination and it's also a cool social setting too

My style also combines yoga for suppleness
Frogmansmall
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
that shredder move looks effective, Do you knowhow to do it?
Ill have to get the ££ together and maybe buy that book.

Also, when and where are the seminars... if its in Coventry it might be worth looking at.
Film Extra
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Frogmansmall)
that shredder move looks effective, Do you knowhow to do it?
Ill have to get the ££ together and maybe buy that book.

Also, when and where are the seminars... if its in Coventry it might be worth looking at.
The shredder is very effective. I know the principles behind it and can explain the whys and the wherefores, but I am in no way an expert. The Seminars will be on the weekend of the 11th/12th March next year. I don't know what dates will be at which venue. One day in Coventry (Possibly hosted by Geoff, although I cant be certain and one at the The Tokei Martial Arts Centre in Tooley Street, London, SE1.
Best to check the forums on either Geoff Thompsons web site or the Senshido site - details of which I posted earlier in this thread. I warn you now though that the seminar won't be cheap. . .last year it was £45 p/person, but worth every penny!
Fresh Prince
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zhivago)
Why do you want a picture of him drunk?!? He's rather fit though I have to say!
It was a funny, that's why. I'm a bloke..so no I don't think of him like that.
Frogmansmall
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah i think Geoff Thompson lives on my estate so it would make sense being in Cov.
bit costly... is it just seminars of was there a book with The Shredder?
Would it be worth getting The Shredder Book (if there is one) or the "In total Defence of the self"?

sounds good tho
leedsmedic_07
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
that maybe right , but not as fast as donald or waqar !!! do u agree ?????
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by asjad_03)
that maybe right , but not as fast as donald or waqar !!! do u agree ?????
Waqar was probably the fastest in his day. So he stands alone in that regard. And Donald wasn't called WHite lightining for no reason. As for Walsh, it is no doubt that he slowed down in his later years but he was extremely quick, right up there, when he was younger. He did after all play until he was 40. Its just like saying Imran Khan was medium pace because thats what he was in 1992.
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
didnt waqar and wasim invent reverse swing bowling together?
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alkaeda)
didnt waqar and wasim invent reverse swing bowling together?
Imran Khan and Sarfraz Nawaz were probably its originators. The two Ws perfected the art.
ledzep15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
mc grath!!! WITHOUT DOUBT
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (291)
37.55%
No - but I will (55)
7.1%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.23%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.13%

Watched Threads