Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought englands best chance would be in the tests, but with Vaughan cant see them doing well in one dayers.

ReputationRep:
    no not mgrath!!!!

in answer to the reverse swing Q., , yes imran and sarfraz may have introduced it , but it was because of the great duo of waqar and wasim , who really put reverse swing on the map.

the way waqar, especially, bamboozled england in 1992 test series was an awesome site, the likes of hick ( said to be the new english bradman of cricket at that time ) were clueless against the banana yorkers.

interesting , how reverseswing was cheating when waqar and wasim did it yet now 13 yrs later simon jones has started doing it its ok.!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ashley Giles.

ReputationRep:
    well, that goes without saying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frogmansmall)
    yeah i think Geoff Thompson lives on my estate so it would make sense being in Cov.
    bit costly... is it just seminars of was there a book with The Shredder?
    Would it be worth getting The Shredder Book (if there is one) or the "In total Defence of the self"?

sounds good tho
    You can buy the 'In Total Defense of the Self' book on its own, but that doesn't cover the Shredder. However you can (via the Senshido Website) buy a 'Shredder' package containg books, DVD or Video (Make sure it's UK compatible) and . . .<drumroll please> a T-shirt!!! The only down side is of course the price when you take into account the shipping costs and conversion fron $Canadian to £GBP.
    The videos are a good introduction to the shredder but there nothing like seeing it in the flesh. Check out http://www.senshido.com/sshp2_1.html for the deluxe package or http://www.senshido.com/sshp1_2.html for the normal package

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Makybe Diva has made history today being the first horse ever to win 3 consecutive Melbourne Cups. She is being put up on a pedistal with the great horse Pharlap the hero of the Great Depression.

I had my money on Leica Falcon though...

Good work Diva.

Connections of the Diva announced after the race she was now retired.

In other races, I won big on Bel Danoro, bless that pony.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Haven't bought tickets yet but Wzz said we can go.

What type of tickets did you get? I've never been before and I know it's all different prices according to where you sit but I don't know which to get!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    Haven't bought tickets yet but Wzz said we can go.

What type of tickets did you get? I've never been before and I know it's all different prices according to where you sit but I don't know which to get!
    I went for the £38 ones, block 12 I think. We figured it was probably worth paying more and getting a better view.

Which day are you going?

ReputationRep:
    I used to horse ride when I was younger, I really liked it Only one lesson I got bucked off 4 times and on the 4th time, the horse trotted off...over my back...yeah I didn't fancy going back after that much, but I did, until we moved house Funnily I never managed to find another horse riding place where I moved to...
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Think you've got the right idea about tickets. Rather pay and be able to watch!

Don't know when to go, I would really love to see the Show Jumping World Cup Qualifier on Sunday but then I'd like to seethe Puissance too. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    canoe polo!!!
    http://www.canoepolo.org.uk/

ReputationRep:
    Tennis all the way.. oh and badminton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    Think you've got the right idea about tickets. Rather pay and be able to watch!

Don't know when to go, I would really love to see the Show Jumping World Cup Qualifier on Sunday but then I'd like to seethe Puissance too. :confused:
    Oooh, maybe look at both and see which has the best seats left!! I can't wait, I've booked the day off work, and I'm going with my friend who lives in Essex so I can stay there, gonna be great!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratomaster)
    Tennis all the way.. oh and badminton
    And table tennis is a lot of fun too

ReputationRep:
    Rugby is a very fun sport so I think you should consider it!

ReputationRep:
    I've got a few friends who have just taken up lacrosse and are absolutely loving it. I've just got back from squash which is a quality sport because it's really intensive but loads of fun. I'd also say tennis, or cricket if you want a team game. Generally I go for solo sports because it's generally easier just to have an impromptu session than if you're in a team.

ReputationRep:
    ok, might have to save up for this one

ReputationRep:
    Kung Fu - anytype

ReputationRep:
    roflOL

ReputationRep:
    Anyone like Bruce Lee or is that a silly question?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.