Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yea the back row is turning into a real nightmare, which is particularly worrying considering its the AB's strongest area!

ReputationRep:
    It looks like titteral may be getting moved backwards in the scrum the way we're going...oh dear
    moody will be good for the tests tho...he's very resilient from injuries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janealams)
    no preparation plus i think he wont be as effective on grass as he was on clay anyways hoping for the best he should perform well to keep up the excitement level.
    Was the youngest since Becker to reach the third round a few years back tho =)

ReputationRep:
    3-2 to England! =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobb_theprequel)
    Let's just hope that LeBron and Dwayne Wade can pick up the pieces!
    Damn I'm so behind... WHO?

ReputationRep:
    England Victory!

ReputationRep:
    England to whitewash aussies...I mean come on they BATTERED them in the Twenty20 game and that shows that England can and will beat Australia...

....right? :laugh:

(but seriously...3-1 to Aussies)

ReputationRep:
    20 20 yu base the Ashes on 20 20 !

Surely there cant be a bigger fool on earth !

20 20 2 bad balls potentially throws 12 a lot of luck involved and quick slogs who connects most wins ! Potentially a lottery !

Aussies are masters of tests ! & 1 day's !

They dont do 20 20 !

So probabably eng's best chance is rain may be 4-1 if all games played they could avoid a white wash !

ReputationRep:
    I can dunk but i cant shoot 3's. Time for a TSR team methinks

ReputationRep:
    England 4-0

(rain in Manchester :mad: )

ReputationRep:
    Frederer will probably win. Would like Henman to win and Murray to do well, but I wouldn't bet on tthe Henman part. Safin might do pretty well if he gets his act together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Frederer will probably win. Would like Henman to win and Murray to do well, but I wouldn't bet on tthe Henman part. Safin might do pretty well if he gets his act together.
    Yea, Saf was impressive in Halle!
    Only jus lost out to Fed aswell!

Murray doesn't stand a chance of getting far in the tournament! No where near physically strong enough.
    Will probably be anotha quarter final, semi at best for Henman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pete77)

20 20 2 bad balls potentially throws 12 a lot of luck involved and quick slogs who connects most wins ! Potentially a lottery !

They dont do 20 20 !

So probabably eng's best chance is rain may be 4-1 if all games played they could avoid a white wash !

ahahahaha stupid blind pete is back from hibernation....lmao :laugh:...honestly though if i could nominate anyone in this world to get a brain transplant it would be you...you got serious issues...maybe martin bashir should interview you next time instead of michael jackson :rofl:

trust me son...u didnt know anything about cricket before u ran away from here...and that hasn't changed! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me which week/s Wimbledon is on? I'd like to get along to one of the days I think.

ReputationRep:
    I'm there was already an Ashes thread, but it seems to have disappeared.

I think it'll be closer than it has been for a long long time, but Australia are still a better team and should win. I don't see there being too many draws though, even with weather interuptions.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn’t exactly a great win but a W is a W.

Thomas, although he scored at the end, I felt he really cannot expect to be in a test team. If that’s the best front row we have, the Lions are in BIG trouble!

Back looked good but overall for most players it was just going through the moves...

Interim report - Improved but a long way to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurich)
    I'm there was already an Ashes thread, but it seems to have disappeared.

I think it'll be closer than it has been for a long long time, but Australia are still a better team and should win. I don't see there being too many draws though, even with weather interuptions.
    oh yeah, it'll be close... but the aussie's will take it..... and im not biased... i swear :p: to be fair to england though their cricket it improving all the time! dont know an incredible amount about the english cricket team but it seems that a lot of pressure is riding on pieterson (spelling?) and flintoff... wheras it seems with the aussies its a bit more spread around between ponting, gilchirst, hayden, and pretty much the rest of the team. it will be an awesome ashes anyways.... we shall see....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pete77)

They dont do 20 20 !

Yeh thats true about 2o-20 which is why i dont like it, fine its a good day out but really doesnt show the best test/one day teams.

Australia to win 3 nil with a few draws.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurich)
    Can someone tell me which week/s Wimbledon is on? I'd like to get along to one of the days I think.
    Next Week and week after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sub)
    oh yeah, it'll be close... but the aussie's will take it..... and im not biased... i swear :p: to be fair to england though their cricket it improving all the time! dont know an incredible amount about the english cricket team but it seems that a lot of pressure is riding on pieterson (spelling?) and flintoff... wheras it seems with the aussies its a bit more spread around between ponting, gilchirst, hayden, and pretty much the rest of the team. it will be an awesome ashes anyways.... we shall see....
    I think there is just more attention paid to Flintoff and Pietersen because neither have played in Ashes tests before. England still have Trescothick, Strauss, Vaughan, Thorpe etc who are all capable batsmen.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.